• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Food for thought, from this independent gun owner

Sparky2

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Think about it.

The popular narrative of the anti-gun crowd, (the perception, the spoken and unspoken notion) is that the United States is bursting at the seams with trigger-happy, racist gun nuts.

Out-of-control, 30-round magazine sporting, rifle-toting, NRA membership-renewing, brutal killers.
Horrible, bigoted, gun-toting rednecks are behind every tree, just looking to thump their Bibles and do egregious harm.

And they are seething with hatred of all things black, and they are responsible for so many of our society's ills.

If you believe this is so, then I have a question for you;

Why is Barack Obama still alive?

In other words, if your absurd fantasy regarding American gun-owners is correct, how in the world did the current President make it thru his first week in office, let alone two full terms?

Is there a teeny-wienie little chance that your hysterical notions regarding guns and racist gun owners was just a convenient, silly stereotype?

Please feel free to discuss and chat among yourselves before you respond.

There's no rush, clearly.
:roll:

hqdefault.jpg

Think about it.

The popular narrative of the anti-gun crowd, (the perception, the spoken and unspoken notion) is that the United States is bursting at the seams with trigger-happy, racist gun nuts.

Out-of-control, 30-round magazine sporting, rifle-toting, NRA membership-renewing, brutal killers.
Horrible, bigoted, gun-toting rednecks are behind every tree, just looking to thump their Bibles and do egregious harm.

And they are seething with hatred of all things black, and they are responsible for so many of our society's ills.

In other words, if your absurd fantasy regarding American gun-owners is correct, how in the world did the current President make it thru his first week in office, let alone two full terms?

Is there a teeny-wienie little chance that your hysterical notions regarding guns and racist gun owners was just a convenient, silly stereotype?

View attachment 67203683

a corollary: if gun owners were as violent and irrational as the Bannerrhoid movement claims we are, doesn't that mean the Bannerrhoid movement would be afraid to spend so much time and effort insulting gun owners? I mean if you really think gun owners are ready to kill people at a drop of the hat, wouldn't that mean you would be afraid to provoke gun owners?

Since the Bannerrhoids constantly insult and lie about gun owners-that proves-beyond any doubt that the bannerrhoid movement actually understands most gun owners are stable and law abiding citizens

The obvious answer is that there is a vast right wing conspiracy covered up by the media wherein hundreds of thousands of assassination attempts against people of color and government officials have been thwarted by the FBI but we just haven't been told about them because the NRA owns the media and the government.

Strawman aside, wouldn't the obvious answer be: secret service? Or, maybe, the fat thumpy windbags are actually cowards?

Strawman aside, wouldn't the obvious answer be: secret service? Or, maybe, the fat thumpy windbags are actually cowards?

even more likely-the thought of Crazy Joe Biden as president was the best insurance policy Obama thought up for himself

The same Secret Service that seems to spend most of its time chasing ***** and getting drunk on away trips?
Eh.
They are good, I'll grant you that much.
But they aren't that good.
(I have met one or two of them, over the years, on my trips to Washington DC. Most of them good fellows, and many of them quite professional.)

Speaking of strawman (and I hate that expression, thank you very much), is it your assertion that all these millions of bible-thumping, negro-hating gun nuts are obese, verbose, and cowardly??

Careful, good sir.
You run the risk of destroying the gun confiscation narrative.

If all the gun nuts are harmless and feckless, then there clearly isn't much point in passing any new gun laws.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.
:)

The same Secret Service that seems to spend most of its time chasing ***** and getting drunk on away trips?
Eh.
They are good, I'll grant you that much.
But they aren't that good.
(I have met one or two of them, over the years, on my trips to Washington DC. Most of them good fellows, and many of them quite professional.)

Speaking of strawman (and I hate that expression, thank you very much), is it your assertion that all these millions of bible-thumping, negro-hating gun nuts are obese, verbose, and cowardly??

Careful, good sir.
You run the risk of destroying the gun confiscation narrative.

If all the gun nuts are harmless and feckless, then there clearly isn't much point in passing any new gun laws.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.
:)

First of all, I don't think anyone believes that a large portion, let alone a majority or all gun owners are racist thumpers. Are some gun owners racist thumpers? Of course. The strawman is claiming a belief to be widely held when it's not held at all. You're defeating an argument that no one makes. Of course, I can understand why someone who defeats arguments that no one makes hates the name for such. After all, being called out for BS isn't fun, am I right?

Secondly, yes. Racist thumpers are cowards. This is a fact. As far as being fat pigs, well, I was referring to the pic in the OP.

Last edited:
First of all, I don't think anyone believes that a large portion, let alone a majority or all gun owners are racist thumpers. Are some gun owners racist thumpers? Of course. The strawman is claiming a belief to be widely held when it's not held at all. You're defeating an argument that no one makes. Of course, I can understand why someone who defeats arguments that no one makes hates the name for such.

Secondly, yes. Racist thumpers are cowards. This is a fact. As far as being fat pigs, well, I was referring to the pic in the OP.

It's all good, friend ecofarm.

I'm just sort of screwing around and waxing philosophic whilst killing time.

I did a repair on one of my guitars, and I'm waiting on the paint and the clear coat to dry.
I'm pretty sure I jacked up the entire job, but as long as it still plays good, sounds great, and stays in tune, I'll be happy.

Happy 4th of July, good sir.
:2wave:

It's all good, friend ecofarm.

I'm just sort of screwing around and waxing philosophic whilst killing time.

I did a repair on one of my guitars, and I'm waiting on the paint and the clear coat to dry.
I'm pretty sure I jacked up the entire job, but as long as it still plays good, sounds great, and stays in tune, I'll be happy.

Happy 4th of July, good sir.
:2wave:

See, this doesn't work for me. You need to defend your hyperbolic claim, then claim to be a victim and then slam a tirade about minorities. Don't you know how this works?

See, this doesn't work for me. You need to defend your hyperbolic claim, then claim to be a victim and then slam a tirade about minorities. Don't you know how this works?

Sure, I get it.

I just don't have any patience for that tired script.

That, and I really don't give a $hit about the original topic.
I had just sat myself down with a beer and (while literally waiting for the paint to dry on an Ibanez Jet King JTK40) I crafted the original nonsensical hypothesis.

It doesn't matter whether the data ultimately supports the hypothesis or not.
Obama's still alive, in the final analysis.
Damn it.

Doggone, Jethro.
Did I just say that out loud?
:(

Last edited:
Sure, I get it.

I just don't have any patience for that tired script.

That, and I really don't give a $hit about the original topic.
I had just sat myself down with a beer and (while literally waiting for the paint to dry on an Ibanez Jet King JTK40) I crafted the original nonsensical hypothesis.

It doesn't matter whether the data ultimately supports the hypothesis or not.
Obama's still alive, in the final analysis.
Damn it.

Doggone, Jethro.
Did I say that out loud?

Well if you're not gonna go on a hate filled tirade about minorities and women, then I'm just gonna go have a beer (wheat, unfiltered) myself.

Well if you're not gonna go on a hate filled tirade about minorities and women, then I'm just gonna go have a beer (wheat, unfiltered) myself.

Ha!

I have enjoyed many, many relationships with minority women over the years, so it would be inappropriate (and indelicate, even) for me to go down that road.
And, truth be told, I don't feel any hatred toward any women, save one utterly-useless white Army Civilian that I worked with years ago.

Enjoy your hefe-weitzen dieser abend, mein lieber Herr.
I myself am on a low-carb kick lately (damn it) and I can't enjoy the good beers so much anymore.
Tonight it's strictly Michelob Ultra Ambers for me.
28001.jpg

Think about it.

View attachment 67203683

You may be confusing the gun control loons with the BLM loons. ;)

Is that paint dry yet?

It is, and I did a terrible job.

Oh well.
She's a great guitar, and I'll play her for the rest of my life, I reckon.

Or until somebody offers me some good money for her.

spark on ibanez.jpg

Back
Top Bottom