• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Food for Thought: Donald Trump can fund the border wall without congressional approval

Discretionary spending is discretionary.

So your claim is that the next Democratic president can fund universal healthcare with a stroke of the pen? Awesome.

Why do you say that? A small federal government supplemented by communities funding special interest projects is in line with the original concept of our country.

Sure, but once you get into the kind of projects which require additional funding for maintenance over time the community aspect becomes much more difficult to continue; especially if you're crowd sourcing. What I meant by my post was if this becomes a precedent then we'll keep moving further down the road of division as a nation.

You are dealing with a constituency that writes: For example, Trump could authorize the sale of $10 billion of USDA rural water loans on the secondary market, which could bring in a lump sum payment of $12 billion or more. Revenue from these proceeds could be directed to build the border wall.

So you see, there is little hope for reason here. A $10 billion note sells for $9 to $9.5 billion.

The seller of any loan must discount it to any buyer.

Nice try though. Maybe this is possible and just more debt but I am not sure govt. has the legal power.

Where is the capitalist here ? Charge a toll, make it a 'toll wall.'

Would illegals have to pay a higher toll?

The toll on pot could be pretty high, too.

Reduced to ad homs as usual.

Sure I am. Care to address the topic of the thread, or keep pretending Fake News polls mean something.

There's a big difference between saying you're full of it than to say you are it--the former being an assessment of credibility and the latter being an ad hominem.

Reduced to ad homs as usual.

Sure I am. Care to address the topic of the thread, or keep pretending Fake News polls mean something.

Says the guy who lace lame ad homs like lie-o-crats in every other post.

Back
Top Bottom