• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Food Companies Going Adfter Your Kids

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It was pointed out on a TV show about sugar this morning that the position of the eyes of the characters on cereal boxes point down to make eye contact with kids. There are three items that grab humans to eat certain foods and those are sugar, salt and crunch. Would you eat all the different chips snacks if they were mushy? No, you would not. Food companies actually test for "noise" made by crunch. It was a three part series and very informative. Fact: We don't eat to sustain life rather to eat chemically formulated garbage made by corporations to make money. Eat a Twinkie- by the way I read last week Hostess is no making deep fried Twinkies and will be in your stores frozen section. Enjoy!!!!

It was pointed out on a TV show about sugar this morning that the position of the eyes of the characters on cereal boxes point down to make eye contact with kids. There are three items that grab humans to eat certain foods and those are sugar, salt and crunch. Would you eat all the different chips snacks if they were mushy? No, you would not. Food companies actually test for "noise" made by crunch. It was a three part series and very informative. Fact: We don't eat to sustain life rather to eat chemically formulated garbage made by corporations to make money. Eat a Twinkie- by the way I read last week Hostess is no making deep fried Twinkies and will be in your stores frozen section. Enjoy!!!!

I would advise you bring up your children to eat healthy and leave off unhealthy things. Companies are about supplying the things people want. Parents are about teaching children to make good decisions. So put the blame for xxxl, where it belongs. It's the home that does it.

peddling sugar to kids predates even my childhood.

humans and other animals are instinctively drawn to calorie dense food because of millennia of feast or famine conditions. only solution in our current environment is to make good food choices for your kids, and make calorie dense foods a treat rather than an every day staple. also, encourage exercise. that's the best solution for adults, as well.

Back
Top Bottom