• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Following

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What does it signify when I get an alert that someone has is now “following” me?

Nothing is noted in my profile. The old platform had a “friends” feature. Is there a reciprocal move I need to make? If I don’t reciprocate, am I being rude?

I think it just means for whatever reason, good or bad, someone is interested in what you have to say and doesn't want to miss any of your posts. I see no reason for it to be reciprocal.

We are cyber-stalking you Rexedgar. Be afraid, be very afraid!

Cheers, be well and be ours, exclusively or else.
Evilroddy and the other followers.

What does it signify when I get an alert that someone has is now “following” me?

Nothing is noted in my profile. The old platform had a “friends” feature. Is there a reciprocal move I need to make? If I don’t reciprocate, am I being rude?
Go to your profile page and look under About, where you told a bit about yourself when you joined. You'll see all who you followed and are following you there. It is just like Friends used to be. Only we could reject a friendship back then, now if someone follows you, you're stuck seeing their avatar on your profile page. If we want to unfollow someone though, we can.

Go to your profile page and look under About, where you told a bit about yourself when you joined. You'll see all who you followed and are following you there. It is just like Friends used to be. Only we could reject a friendship back then, now if someone follows you, you're stuck seeing their avatar on your profile page. If we want to unfollow someone though, we can.
Ah, Bach!

Didn’t know about that feature, thanks.

That (bolded above) seems contradictory. I understood that (bolded above) to mean: if DP member A elects to follow me then I could elect to unfollow DP member A.

That (bolded above) seems contradictory. I understood that (bolded above) to mean: if DP member A elects to follow me then I could elect to unfollow DP member A.
When you initiate the follow, you can choose to unfollow. If someone you don't like follows you, you're stuck with them. Sorry if you're confused.

When you initiate the follow, you can choose to unfollow. If someone you don't like follows you, you're stuck with them. Sorry if you're confused.

OK, so the ’following’ feature differs significantly from the previous ‘friending’ feature because ’following’ requires no consent.

I received a similar notification. I had a similar question.

At length, it really didn't/doesn't change what I do.

Good or bad, it doesn't seem to take up much of my time. ;)

I received a similar notification. I had a similar question.

At length, it really didn't/doesn't change what I do.

Good or bad, it doesn't seem to take up much of my time. ;)
even less now……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom