• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Following a recipe....lost in translation?

slavablueberryjam

DP Veteran
Reaction score
I am trying to cook a pie made from a youtuber...the thing is she calls cheesecake and cream cheese as two different things....are they not the same? Also, what is meant by "heavy cream" is that just sour cream?

I am trying to cook a pie made from a youtuber...the thing is she calls cheesecake and cream cheese as two different things....are they not the same? Also, what is meant by "heavy cream" is that just sour cream?
Cream cheese is not cheesecake, although it is in cheesecake. Heavy cream is also known as whipping cream, not sour cream.

no no sour cream and heavy cream are very different. Your heavy cream will be by the milk / creamers at the store.

Sour cream is heavy cream. Don't listen to them. You'll be fine.

I hope it turns out well! Enjoy!

Omg! eco come on man! I'm a fellow person who loves to cook. You could use the sour cream but it won't taste as good as using the heavy cream. What I have learned about desserts is not to skimp. If you are going to do it then freaking do it.

Can you post the video?

Cream cheese is not cheesecake, although it is in cheesecake. Heavy cream is also known as whipping cream, not sour cream.
Heavy cream can also be 35% cooking cream which is not the same as whipping cream but I have found that unless you are actually trying to whip it there isnt much difference.

Omg! eco come on man! I'm a fellow person who loves to cook. You could use the sour cream but it won't taste as good as using the heavy cream. What I have learned about desserts is not to skimp. If you are going to do it then freaking do it.

Can you post the video?

Heavy cream
1651272801012.png cream cheese 1651272879557.png

If you're making cheese cake, don't use whipped cream cheese in a tub. It has air in it, texture will be wrong.

Sour cream is heavy cream. Don't listen to them. You'll be fine.
Sour cream tastes different from heavy cream. It is in a tub in the dairy department. Heavy cream is poured from its container. Sour cream requires baking soda in any recipe where it is a baked good, like muffins, pancakes, cakes.

I love me some cheesecake. I also love all the different varieties of cheesecake from dry and high to soft and creamy.

Whenever I go to a new bakery the first thing I try is their slice of cheesecake. Then, anything with custard.

Heavy cream is about 40% fat. It's sold as whipping cream.

Back
Top Bottom