• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Follow the Money....

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily - The Soros Threat To Democracy

Fascinating isn't it, how anyone that doesn't "believe" in AGW is a "Denier" funded by a conglomerate enemy of "Big Oil" and those brave souls informing the world are lone and courages voices...

Apparently they are not.

The entire editorial article is nothing but attempting to say "don't trust people that get funding".
Show me where even in your source that SORO's had Hansen miscue the facts or data?
You can't because there's no such thing.
Hansen was censored, in fact his reports were edited by the white house by a non-scientists who was an oil industry lobbiest Phill Cooney.
Source 1
Source 2

If your argument had been that Soro's edited or forced Hansen to edit his research in accordance with an agenda that Soro's was trying to push than you'd have an argument.
Instead what you have uncovered is that Soro's has an Agenda and Hansen is a credible person to speak for this agenda with research and facts to support thus funding him.
In other words you're still not arguing against the science all you are doing is attacking the person with again ad homenin.

I wonder if the author of that editorial has collected his $10,000 from the American Enterprise Institute simply for writing yet another OP/Ed that challenges global warming. As they say, follow the money. :roll:

Scientists offered cash to dispute climate study | The Guardian | Guardian Unlimited

Mwahaha

George Soros has an agenda.

That agenda is furthered by the politics of Global Warming.. oh look, he dropped 700k on Hansen to help promote his goals.

Don't the two of you get bothered by this... at all?

Mwahaha

That agenda is furthered by the politics of Global Warming.. oh look, he dropped 700k on Hansen to help promote his goals.

Hansen conducts research and publishes his research in peer reviewed journals. The deniers conduct no research and publishing nothing to challenge Anthropogenic Global Warming Theory in any peer reviewed journals. That is what bothers me.

Hansen conducts research and publishes his research in peer reviewed journals. The deniers conduct no research and publishing nothing to challenge Anthropogenic Global Warming Theory in any peer reviewed journals. That is what bothers me.

Man you are so full of lies and hate.

There are PLENTY of scientists with backed research peer reviewed that counter global warming as an anthropomorphic cause. You're just too blinded by your own arrogance to take the 10 seconds it would take to find.

Keep lying to yourself, keep spouting those same, bs lines. You merely show how desperate your side is to deny reality of the situation.

No research... do you realize how ignorant a statement that is? A 2 second google proves you haven't a CLUE what you are talking about. I don';t know about you, but making statements that easily debunked isn't bright.

http://www.infowars.net/articles/august2007/300807Warming.htm

List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to some nut-job at "infowars.com", that is the case. However, if it is indeed the case, then please cite a peer reviewed article or study that challenges basic Anthropogenic Global Warming theory.

This one does not challenge Anthropogenic Global Warming, but rather questions CO2 sensitivities in the earth's climate.

However, the paper is still in peer review, and his peers have found a lot of problems with his methodology.

You can read more here: RealClimate » Climate Insensitivity

This one is someone's blog. Not a peer reviewed article or study.

These are not peer reviewed articles at all. They are simply blog entries by Steve McIntrye.

Moreover, Steve McIntyre is not even a scientist, his sole qualifications consist of a bachelors degree in Math. He has never published anything in a peer reviewed journal, and his experience is in mining.

More blog entries.

This one is an article about a russian scientist that was supposidly going to publish an article that challenged Anthropogenic Global Warming. However, he never actually published the article. (probably because his idea "cosmic rays" has been completely debunked throughout mainstream science).

So, in the end, all you have are some blog entries and one paper currently under peer review that does not challenge basic Anthropogenic Global Warming theory, but rather simply challenges CO2 sensitivities.

And for that, you threw in the girly sounding "OMG".

OMG My point was that you LIED/were wrong about no scientifically reviewed research with counter claims on AGW.

That's all. I'm not gonna try to disprove your beliefs.

Now do you accept that ONE claim of yours, was wrong, yes.. or no?

OMG My point was that you LIED/were wrong about no scientifically reviewed research with counter claims on AGW.

No, I stated that the deniers conduct no peer reviewed research. I stand by that statement, you have yet to produce one peer reviewed article or study that counters basic Anthropogenic Global Warming theory. The only one you have produced that even comes close is one that challenges previous research on carbon sensitivities, and its still in the review process.

All we have on the part of the deniers out there are some OP/Eds (that which AIE gives them 10 grand to write) and some propaganda blogs (usually written by paid lobbyists for the fossil fuels industries).

You stand by a statement that is false, and you perpetuate a lie.

Cool. I don't think "debating" with you is getting either of us anywhere. You are certain of easily disproved facts, and ignore them even when tossed in your face.

Carry on, I won't feed you anymore.

Do you even know what a peer reviewed journal is?

I don't think you do as you have only produced one peer reviewed article thus far. Let me give you a hint "Climate Audit" is a blog, it is not a peer reviewed journal like say Nature, or The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Moreover, I do not appreciate being accused of being a liar. I am not knowingly lying here. If there actually is a boat load of peer reviewed articles out there that challenge Anthropogenic Global Warming, then please cite them. Personally, I would like to see them. As it is, you just look histrionic with all this "OMG" and accusations of lying.

Mwahaha

Prove that he's lying, then you'll have an argument. Just because he gets money for his work does not mean squat.
If you can find proof that he is fabricating data you would have an argument, and yes, then I'd have a problem with him as well.

He wasn't wrong nor has he lied. Then OMG :shock: you haven't supported your own position with a single scientific literary publication.

For the record, I believe McKitrick ( along with McIntyre) managed to get a few publications in respectable journals before their ideas were put to rest

I think Gill would know the relevant links.

For the record, I believe McKitrick ( along with McIntyre) managed to get a few publications in respectable journals before their ideas were put to rest

I don't know about McKitrick, but McIntyre's sole contribution to science was his finding of a slight mathematical error in how U.S. annual temperatures were being calculated.

I think McKitrick has been published a few times, but nothing on Global Warming specifically other than an article on Global Temperature measurement.

Not sure of your meaning of "put to rest". McIntyre's doubts were confirmed. The doubts as to Mann's methods. I dont know where NY times got these McIntyre claims as to Mann's intent. Ive never read of them any where else.
And speaking of the Hockey stick, I wonder if McIntyres recent discovery of errors in Hansens data, would also further discredit the hockey stick graph?

:lamo, it didn't even make a dent in the trend itself what makes you think it would change the hockey stick?
Here's the problem with deniars. You think you know what is or what is not scientific when from what you have posted it's clearly evident that you've not the slightest clue as to what you are talking about.
You assume that every nitch that you find somehow completely debunks the scientific theory, then you go on in rhetoric of how AGW is thus bs made up fabrication so that scientists can get funding and you blame it all on the media, liberals, and various other mediums.
let's try something completely radical here, instead of blaming everyone else for being wrong, how about you actually study the science honestly.

:lamo, it didn't even make a dent in the trend itself what makes you think it would change the hockey stick?

They probably used the same, corrupted data sets.

then you go on in rhetoric of how AGW is thus bs made up fabrication so that scientists can get funding and you blame it all on the media, liberals, and various other mediums.

More of your typical pretend debate with that voice in your head that you some how mistake for me.

They probably used the same, corrupted data sets.
now that you can't argue the conclusion with anything concrete you are now arguing that the data is flawed. Same kind of rational as the creationists and IDer's use to counter evolution.

dixon76710 said:
More of your typical pretend debate with that voice in your head that you some how mistake for me.
I'm sorry then, you must be an imaginary figure. If you're not going to debate each time you get crushed then why bother being on this site?
It seems all you are here to do is make insuliary remarks as opposed to any actual debate.

I'm sorry then, you must be an imaginary figure. If you're not going to debate each time you get crushed then why bother being on this site?

LOLOLOLOL!!!!! Yeah, I bet you and Southern Democrat both have the original Mann hockey stick graph on your beedroom wall. Giving it a resounding 'I BELIEVE!!' to reinforce the belief.
I think youve possibly missed some of the extensive critiques of Manns original data and graph and are confused as to what has been crushed.

Wow, I can't wait to copy and paste this the next time you scream that a study was funded by big oil, auto industry, utility companies, ad infinitum.

Wow, I can't wait to copy and paste this the next time you scream that a study was funded by big oil, auto industry, utility companies, ad infinitum.

I was thinking the same thing

They freak out over a 10,000 dollars to a pundit to write articles, but 720,000 directly to an influential head of NASA y a political activist... that's nothing, who cares, what's the big deal?

ROFL the hypocracy they exhibit astounds the logical mind.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…