• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Follow the Money and the Trail of 'Dead Russians,' Expert urges Senators

mbig

onomatopoeic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
First, I recommend immediate Protection for Flynn.
People who can out/criticize Putin....
In hearings Thursday, the Senate committee heard Clinton Watts.
An expert researcher in Cyber warfare and other areas.

Follow the money and the trail of 'dead Russians,' expert urges senators
Del Quentin Wilber - March 30, 2017 - LA Times
Follow the money and the trail of "dead Russians" expert urges senators - LA Times
But Clinton Watts, of the Center for Cyber and Homeland Security at George Washington University, provided a roadmap to better understanding the Kremlin's efforts. He urged senators and the U.S. government to follow the money to figure out how misinformation websites and social media outlets are being funded.
[.....]
The Second way to trace Russian influence was more ominous: "Follow the trail of dead Russians," he said. "There have been more dead Russians in the past three months that are tied to this investigation," he added. "They are dropping dead, even in Western countries."

Watts didn't finish the thought but was likely referring to a spate of deaths of high-profile Russians, some of which appeared to be assassinations although others appear to have been from natural causes. With the daytime execution of a Russian politician in Ukraine last week, at least 8 Russian politicians, activists, ambassadors and a former intelligence official have died since the U.S. election. [.....]

Last edited:
This was also mentioned on Tonight with Don Lemon good post...

Damn. I thought that "Watt didn't finish the thought..." would be followed by "before a shot rang out and he hit the floor dead - shot through the heart."

All this sounds like a good plot for a book/movie. :mrgreen:

First, I recommend immediate Protection for Flynn.
People who can out/criticize Putin....
In hearings Thursday, the Senate committee heard Clinton Watts.
An expert researcher in Cyber warfare and other areas.

Follow the money and the trail of 'dead Russians,' expert urges senators
Del Quentin Wilber - March 30, 2017 - LA Times
Follow the money and the trail of "dead Russians" expert urges senators - LA Times

Kk. I'll bite, what exactly makes you think that those deaths or incidents have anything to do with supposed "Russian influence"?!?

Fallen.

Kk. I'll bite, what exactly makes you think that those deaths or incidents have anything to do with supposed "Russian influence"?!?
A credible expert in an MSM source isn't good enough?

"There have been more dead Russians in the past 3 months that are Tied to this Investigation," he added. "They are dropping dead, even in Western countries."

You don't agree Putin would kill anyone for any possible reason, cover up or otherwise?

Last edited:
A credible expert in an MSM source isn't good enough?

"There have been more dead Russians in the past 3 months that are Tied to this Investigation," he added. "They are dropping dead, even in Western countries."

Actually, no. Someone that you deem as a supposed expert spouting something that is than being repeated by a news outlet is certainly not enough.

You don't agree Putin would kill anyone for any possible reason, cover up or otherwise?

No, I don't agree.

Fallen.

Back
Top Bottom