• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Foam omlette [W:27]

don't you ever eat anything healthy?

I love eggs

scrambled is my fav....

no special recipe, mix them up, a bit of butter melted in the pan on high, turn down to low, add eggs and stir slowly while eggs form soft little lumps

the key to beautiful eggs is low heat and slow cooking

oh and freshly ground black pepper

i know eggs fried in butter like he posted are not good for you. Oatmeal and blueberries would be a better choice. You might try to remember what Captain Courtesy told you a few days ago. The insults aren't allowed, including questioning what i know.

Ive posted proof that shows youre wrong. Thats within the rules. Eggs are good for you, they are part of a healthy diet.

Egg white omelet with asparagus or spinach. When I add mushrooms, I add a yolk for it stands up better to the earthy flavor.

Egg white omelet with asparagus or spinach. When I add mushrooms, I add a yolk for it stands up better to the earthy flavor.

yup don't forget the yolks...they are now considered a healthy fat with many nutrients

although I do have to add....free range only... :mrgreen:

for the good of the hens

that's a good point. you can have one yolk instead of several to make it more healthy.

yup don't forget the yolks...they are now considered a healthy fat with many nutrients

In moderation, as is anything we consume.

Ive posted proof that shows youre wrong. Thats within the rules. Eggs are good for you, they are part of a healthy diet.

you posting a link doesn't prove any more than me posting a link. The captain said to knock it off. last warning.

yes...that's they key...although I have to say, if it's green, that should be our lean

I could live on green stuff. Salads are a must, and green veg are very tasty. Just don't forget that, when people add all the toppings, esp store bought dressings, cheese sauces etc, all the health benefits are getting lost.
What's your favorite green? Can you put it in an omelet?

I could live on green stuff. Salads are a must, and green veg are very tasty. Just don't forget that, when people add all the toppings, esp store bought dressings, cheese sauces etc, all the health benefits are getting lost.

I like my eggs plain no green or goop added

I begin my day with a smoothie that is half greens

I try to keep my lunch raw...raw veggies with hummus and a creamy homemade dip that I make up in the morning out of mayo and sour cream with spices added

dinner, whatever meat I have made and is in the freezer along with a salad and steamed veggies of choice, whatever simple carb I want potatoes or squash...

I try to limit my bread consumption as my body doesn't always like bread and can react poorly

I love eggs, but not poached...I don't like poached anything

eggs can be breakfast lunch or dinner

What about sweet omlettes? Sometimes I add strawberry jam and serve it as dessert. I should have mentioned in the OP that I always use vegan eggs.

What about sweet omlettes? Sometimes I add strawberry jam and serve it as dessert. I should have mentioned in the OP that I always use vegan eggs.

What was vegan first, the chicken or the egg? :)

Rocket and coriander. and you can serve them with an omellete. I've never cooked them in one and I don't know if that would work.

I fry chopped hot peppers and cubes of boiled potato in olive oil. After they've browned a little, I add some pieces of onion and tomato--the sun-dried ones in oil work well, too--and finally some cubed avocado. Meanwhile, I've beaten three eggs and grated some Parmesan, and when the vegetables are cooked, I spread them out in the frying pan and pour the eggs over them. I then get the broiler going, and when the eggs are about half cooked put the omelette under it. I keep a close eye on it, and when it's just golden brown and puffed up, I take it out and finish it with the grated cheese, maybe a touch of sea salt, and some fresh-ground pepper. With a spatula, I can usually get it out of the pan and onto a plate intact. It looks beautiful and tastes great, and if you scale it up a little it makes a nice supper for two. I think in Spain they call this style of omelette a "torta."

I fry chopped hot peppers and cubes of boiled potato in olive oil. After they've browned a little, I add some pieces of onion and tomato--the sun-dried ones in oil work well, too--and finally some cubed avocado. Meanwhile, I've beaten three eggs and grated some Parmesan, and when the vegetables are cooked, I spread them out in the frying pan and pour the eggs over them. I then get the broiler going, and when the eggs are about half cooked put the omelette under it. I keep a close eye on it, and when it's just golden brown and puffed up, I take it out and finish it with the grated cheese, maybe a touch of sea salt, and some fresh-ground pepper. With a spatula, I can usually get it out of the pan and onto a plate intact. It looks beautiful and tastes great, and if you scale it up a little it makes a nice supper for two. I think in Spain they call this style of omelette a "torta."

Frittata is what I call it.

This is my favourite omlette. What's yours?

Omlette Of Foam Recipe | MrBreakfast.com

Omlette Of Foam

(4 servings)

Sodium
340 mgs - 4 large eggs
0 mgs - 1 pinch pepper
1162.5 mgs - 1/2 teaspoon salt
26.2 mgs - 4 Tablespoons milk
1.6 mgs - 1 Tablespoon butter

1529.3 mgs total

382.3 mgs/serving

Since I am on a sodium restricted diet (2,000 mgs/day) this is how I have to evaluate everything I cook or buy if I intend to eat it. I also have to consider whether a "serving" is something I'd be satisfied with. In this case, I'm thinking I'd probably want to eat two servings in a sitting. Of course, since it's unlikely I'll just eat the omelette I'll also have to figure in what else I'll have with it such as toast...with butter...anything I might add to the omelette (ham)...etc. Anyway, two servings of just the omelette is 764.6 mgs of sodium...just over a third of my daily allowance. In order to eat that omelette, I would have to carefully consider what else I intend to eat that day and possibly make allowances. (one thing I hate to do is give up snacks)

Here is my preferred omelette:

1/2 cup Egg Makers = 2 med eggs - 190 mgs
any chopped veggies I have on hand - 0 mgs
1/4 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese - 45 mgs
pepper to taste - 0 mgs

Cook in microwave or in a non-stick pan.

235 mgs sodium

It sucks having a heart condition. On the other hand, I've never eaten healthier in my life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom