• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flynn's ex-business partner pleads not guilty in Turkey lobbying case

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-guilty-in-turkey-lobbying-case-idUSKBN1OH1TD

(Reuters) - Bijan Rafiekian, the ex-business partner of former U.S. national security adviser Michael Flynn, pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to charges he covertly lobbied for Turkey to discredit and extradite a Muslim cleric living in the United States.

Rafiekian, a former director at the U.S. Export-Import Bank who worked on U.S. President Donald Trump’s transition, was indicted on Monday along with a Turkish-Dutch businessman for undisclosed lobbying and for allegedly lying about their work.
==============================================
Another Trumpster about to bight the dust. This one is not getting a 'get out of jail free' card like his former boss, General Chanter.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-guilty-in-turkey-lobbying-case-idUSKBN1OH1TD

(Reuters) - Bijan Rafiekian, the ex-business partner of former U.S. national security adviser Michael Flynn, pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to charges he covertly lobbied for Turkey to discredit and extradite a Muslim cleric living in the United States.

Rafiekian, a former director at the U.S. Export-Import Bank who worked on U.S. President Donald Trump’s transition, was indicted on Monday along with a Turkish-Dutch businessman for undisclosed lobbying and for allegedly lying about their work.
==============================================
Another Trumpster about to bight the dust. This one is not getting a 'get out of jail free' card like his former boss, General Chanter.
I'm not seeing the crime even if true? Its illegal to talk bad about someone?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you are paid to do so by a foreign government, and you haven't registered as a foreign agents, yes. Now do you see the crime here?

These two guys working with Flynn...Trump's national security advisor pick (who was known to be under investigation for this!), are indicted on conspiracy, acting as a foreign agent, and one of the additionally for false statements.
Flynn could also have been charged here, that was apparently part of his plea.
Total these guys are looking at 15 and 20 years max.

If you are paid to do so by a foreign government, and you haven't registered as a foreign agents, yes. Now do you see the crime here?

These two guys working with Flynn...Trump's national security advisor pick (who was known to be under investigation for this!), are indicted on conspiracy, acting as a foreign agent, and one of the additionally for false statements.

So, how many people have been prosecuted under FARA ??

To be in a position to "see" whether there is or is not a crime, you need to at least: (1) know the facts of the case, (2) read the relevant statutes, (3) read all controlling cases interpreting those statutes in situations logically resembling (1).

One of the most unenforced laws on the books. There have been 7 people charged and one convicted, since 1966.

It's only a big deal now because of "Truuuuuuump!".

When is Senator John Kerry going to be indicted for meeting with Iranian officials talking to them about the Iranian deal after he was no longer in office? Clearly, he was lobbying in regards to Iran and talking to Iranian officials while doing so.

Oh, that's right. He's a Democrat. It says right there in US Code in section one that nothing in the US Code nor any other federal law applies to Democrats. The only reason the founding fathers left this out of the US Constitution is the Democratic Party did not yet exist. Otherwise it would have been in there for sure.

The level of corruption on behalf of Democrats by the Mueller team and FBI appears unlimited by any laws.

One of the most unenforced laws on the books. There have been 7 people charged and one convicted. It's only a big deal now because of "Truuuuuuump!".

Donald J. Trump (aka David Dennison, Mushroom Man)
- My team will commit so many crimes, and will violate some so egregiously, that even with Republicans in charge of the House, Senate, and White House, my own Department of Justice will be tied up for years indicting my cronies.
MAGA!

So, how many people have been prosecuted under FARA ??

Looks like two will be prosecuted under FARA related to Michael Flynn, Trump's former National Security Advisor choice.
Noting too that Trump knew Flynn was trouble, and he even knew Flynn was under federal investigation for this.
National security advisor, working on behalf of Turkey for $600K. Shameful, traitorous.

That so few people have so egregiously violated this law, is not something to be proud of for most people. But if you want team Trump to wear that as a badge of honor, go right ahead.

Looks like two will be prosecuted under FARA related to Michael Flynn, Trump's former National Security Advisor choice.
Noting too that Trump knew Flynn was trouble, and he even knew Flynn was under federal investigation for this.
National security advisor, working on behalf of Turkey for $600K. Shameful, traitorous.

That so few people have so egregiously violated this law, is not something to be proud of for most people. But if you want team Trump to wear that as a badge of honor, go right ahead.

Why am I not surprised that you avoided the question and went off on an unrelated rant :roll:

1 I know has plead not guilty

In any case I want to know details theres a difference between advocating for something and working against American interests. Without know details I will stand mute on the topic

1 I know has plead not guilty
In any case I want to know details theres a difference between advocating for something and working against American interests. Without know details I will stand mute on the topic
Now if we can only get you to also apply that to supporting Trump, and talking **** about Democrats.
Stand mute, please...please.

To be in a position to "see" whether there is or is not a crime, you need to at least: (1) know the facts of the case, (2) read the relevant statutes, (3) read all controlling cases interpreting those statutes in situations logically resembling (1).
Fair enough and if you want to make an argument to convince me, present those details.

Now if we can only get you to also apply that to supporting Trump, and talking **** about Democrats.
Stand mute, please...please.
Ok I dont defend nor condemn anyone until I'm comfortable. Maybe it will surprise you but I have been sn outspoken defender of hilliary too

Fair enough and if you want to make an argument to convince me, present those details.

You're the one suggesting there isn't a crime.

Let's not do the what, innocent old me? I didn't suggest anything! I just said words and pffft...words, y'know?

When you say this, you necessarily assert something:

The only possible defense is that your posts should not be read as intentional attempts to say things, and that wouldn't be true, nor would it be a great defense in anything but the shortest of runs. Again, you said two things quite deliberately:

1. You don't think there is a crime there even if the facts are assumed to be true (1st sentence);

2. It is not illegal to "talk bad" about a person (2nd sentence); and

3. You consider the "facts" that are "assumed true" to be accurately paraphrased by saying they amount to someone merely "talk bad about someone" (operation of the English language).

If you want to assert it isn't a crime, you make the argument. If you're really sure you aren't spewing absolute bull****, do call up the guy's lawyers. Tell them your super-clever argument for why no crime was committed. I'm sure they'll welcome the education your internet personhood can give them.

:roll:

Seriously consider your position before responding. Flynn pled guilty. His buddy pled guilty. You're sitting there claiming you don't "see" a crime. So intervene. These stupid people in the legal system see a crime, but you don't. So get involved properly. Don't just yell at us stupid liberals online. Make sure those idiots in the legal system know.

Don't let this horrible injustice, this obvious injustice go unpunished!

Don't let those evil lawyers join the Vast Liberal Conspiracy!

Don't let those evil judges join the Vast Liberal Conspiracy!

Don't let those evil defendants-who-are-pleading-guilty join the Vast Liberal Conspiracy!

Seriously....I was trying not to have a well-deserved go at you with this:

Last edited:
When is Senator John Kerry going to be indicted for meeting with Iranian officials talking to them about the Iranian deal after he was no longer in office? Clearly, he was lobbying in regards to Iran and talking to Iranian officials while doing so.

Oh, that's right. He's a Democrat. It says right there in US Code in section one that nothing in the US Code nor any other federal law applies to Democrats. The only reason the founding fathers left this out of the US Constitution is the Democratic Party did not yet exist. Otherwise it would have been in there for sure.

The level of corruption on behalf of Democrats by the Mueller team and FBI appears unlimited by any laws.

Do you know the political affiliation of Flynn's partner(s)?

The better question is why didn't Republicans launch an investigation?

donald j. Trump (aka david dennison, mushroom man)
- my team will commit so many crimes, and will violate some so egregiously, that even with republicans in charge of the house, senate, and white house, my own department of justice will be tied up for years indicting my cronies.
Maga!

crimes aren't crimes!

Back
Top Bottom