• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flynn sentencing delayed

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Judge delayed Flynn's sentencing pending more ongoing cooperation he's providing. His lawyers think this future help my help their client avoid the jail time that seemed looming over him today. The judge was reading Flynn the riot act today. Flat out said, "You sold out your country."

Links too early to provide at this point.

I could be wrong, but I don't feel like this delay will work in Flynn's favor.

I could be wrong, but I don't feel like this delay will work in Flynn's favor.

I do, the judge was pretty hot over it and maybe they think this will give time for the judge to cool off who knows. Sounds like the judge was ready to throw the book at him.

I do, the judge was pretty hot over it and maybe they think this will give time for the judge to cool off who knows. Sounds like the judge was ready to throw the book at him.

While I do care how much Flynn cooperates and that he should be rewarded for such cooperation, I want that bastard to spend at least one day in jail. Just for all that crap talking about "LOCK HER UP!" at the Republican National Convention. It would be the ultimate karma.

Judge delayed Flynn's sentencing pending more ongoing cooperation he's providing. His lawyers think this future help my help their client avoid the jail time that seemed looming over him today. The judge was reading Flynn the riot act today. Flat out said, "You sold out your country."

Links too early to provide at this point.

Michael Flynn sentencing postponed after judge issues blistering rebuke

The sentencing for President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn was postponed until 2019 after a dramatic federal court hearing Tuesday.

Flynn, who pleaded guilty last year, said "I was aware" that lying to the FBI was a crime, but prosecutors from special counsel Robert Mueller's office had called for him to get little to no jail time because he has cooperated extensively. They also said Flynn may continue to cooperate in a future trial.​

Back
Top Bottom