• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flynn: "I was aware" that lying to FBI investigators was a crime

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-flynn-sentencing/index.html

Judge Emmet Sullivan is reviewing Michael Flynn's acknowledgments that he was wrong in his actions and takes responsibility, and also describes how Flynn made note of the circumstances of the interview in the White House.

Sullivan is walking through what both sides wrote in their pre-sentencing court papers and the FBI memos memorializing Flynn's interview with the FBI. Sullivan reminds the courtroom Flynn says he was "unguarded [at his interview] because he did not receive a warning and was not represented by counsel."
================================
The judge called into question parts of Flynn's guilty please, especially the part about being entrapped by the FBI.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-flynn-sentencing/index.html

Judge Emmet Sullivan is reviewing Michael Flynn's acknowledgments that he was wrong in his actions and takes responsibility, and also describes how Flynn made note of the circumstances of the interview in the White House.

Sullivan is walking through what both sides wrote in their pre-sentencing court papers and the FBI memos memorializing Flynn's interview with the FBI. Sullivan reminds the courtroom Flynn says he was "unguarded [at his interview] because he did not receive a warning and was not represented by counsel."
================================
The judge called into question parts of Flynn's guilty please, especially the part about being entrapped by the FBI.

Not only that, but he also lied on documents to the DOJ later on which he filled out with his legal counsel. He knew he was lying, he knew lying to the FBI and DOJ is illegal. There was no entrapment.

This goes to show the lengths that conservatives will go through to make excuses for Trump and anyone close to him. They will lie. They will say up is down, white is black, anything necessary. The guy that plead guilty is not guilty. The ends justify the means.

Trump supporters that are trying to push these alternative facts/alternate realities are hurting the country and everything we stand for.

Not only that, but he also lied on documents to the DOJ later on which he filled out with his legal counsel. He knew he was lying, he knew lying to the FBI and DOJ is illegal. There was no entrapment.

This goes to show the lengths that conservatives will go through to make excuses for Trump and anyone close to him. They will lie. They will say up is down, white is black, anything necessary. The guy that plead guilty is not guilty. The ends justify the means.

Trump supporters that are trying to push these alternative facts/alternate realities are hurting the country and everything we stand for.

It's pretty sad, isn't it? As much as I needle them on here, it actually disturbs me, as a lifelong Republican, to see the way people are shaming themselves and twisting into pretzels to give cover to their darling reality TV game show host.

They spent days telling us how Flynn was railroaded, and entrapped, and didn't commit any crimes. Then Flynn blew their entire argument into flames.

#Sad

Yet another attack by Republicans on this country's law enforcement is found to be false.

Do not ever let Republicans claim they are the party of law and order.

Children and students of the year 2087, the video bellow is the 2018 political equivalent of history's funniest bloopers.

Enjoy, and make sure to feed your iDog.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Yet another attack by Republicans on this country's law enforcement is found to be false.

Do not ever let Republicans claim they are the party of law and order.

They support LEO when it is minorities being abused.

It's pretty sad, isn't it? As much as I needle them on here, it actually disturbs me, as a lifelong Republican, to see the way people are shaming themselves and twisting into pretzels to give cover to their darling reality TV game show host.

They spent days telling us how Flynn was railroaded, and entrapped, and didn't commit any crimes. Then Flynn blew their entire argument into flames.

#Sad

I wish there were more republicans like you. I don't understand for the life of me why so many are under the impression that being a conservative means that they need to protect and lie regarding a man who literally was taking money from a foreign government while being the top national security advisor and lying to the FBI and DOJ and the american public about foreign communications. Just because he's done terrible things it in no way means that conservatism is at fault or anything like that. If we can't come together as a country and agree that a national security advisor shouldn't lie to the FBI and shouldn't be taking money as a foreign agent then were do we go from here to find any common ground?

Sullivan to Flynn: You sold your country out.
Seems Sullivan didn't take kindly to the right wing CT B.S. in their letter to the court.
Was this an attempt by Flynn to give Trump cover for a Pardon? Because if not, it appears to have backfired.

They had plenty of other crimes to get Flynn on, including the Turkey "selling American out", deal. The whole "perjury trap!" and entrapment line...bull**** from the beginning, is getting dragged through the mud where it belongs.

Along with every forum poster who pushed that narrative despite all the evidence to the contrary.

There are some debates that are so ridiculous and so obviously ephemeral that I don't even bother commenting on them as they're happening. The "Flynn was entrapped" debate was one of them.

I wish there were more republicans like you. I don't understand for the life of me why so many are under the impression that being a conservative means that they need to protect and lie regarding a man who literally was taking money from a foreign government while being the top national security advisor and lying to the FBI and DOJ and the american public about foreign communications. Just because he's done terrible things it in no way means that conservatism is at fault or anything like that. If we can't come together as a country and agree that a national security advisor shouldn't lie to the FBI and shouldn't be taking money as a foreign agent then were do we go from here to find any common ground?

There are a lot like me. But there are sadly millions who rival Jim Jones' groupies in terms of their total dependence on, and adoration of, Trump. Like the Jonestown residents, these people are downtrodden and weak and paranoid, and believe that Trump will protect them from an evil and corrupt government. History repeats itself 40 years later.

Trump supporters are neither Republicans nor conservatives, and deep down inside, they all know it.

As much as I don’t want to, I actually find myself feeling a little sorry for Flynn today, which is the opposite of what I expected to feel since I don’t like the guy.

There are a lot like me. But there are sadly millions who rival Jim Jones' groupies in terms of their total dependence on, and adoration of, Trump. Like the Jonestown residents, these people are downtrodden and weak and paranoid, and believe that Trump will protect them from an evil and corrupt government. History repeats itself 40 years later.

Trump supporters are neither Republicans nor conservatives, and deep down inside, they all know it.

I'm sure there are. But they sure seem to be a bit more quiet than those on the other side, lol.

As much as I don’t want to, I actually find myself feeling a little sorry for Flynn today, which is the opposite of what I expected to feel since I don’t like the guy.

**** that noise. If his only illegal action was lying then I might feel bad. But he was also on the pay roll of a foreign government while the top national security advisor. If he gave Mueller top notch evidence that definitely answers the question "did the trump campaign conspire with Russia to win the election" then I could understand going easy on him like this. But if he didn't give definitive evidence then I think it's a travesty he isn't being locked up for a very long time. The idea that an american general would sit in the oval office and advise the President of the United States and then walk out and take phone calls and have meetings about how much a foreign government would pay him if he could bend US policy is absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't lose sleep if they stuck him in jail for the rest of his life.

**** that noise. If his only illegal action was lying then I might feel bad. But he was also on the pay roll of a foreign government while the top national security advisor. If he gave Mueller top notch evidence that definitely answers the question "did the trump campaign conspire with Russia to win the election" then I could understand going easy on him like this. But if he didn't give definitive evidence then I think it's a travesty he isn't being locked up for a very long time. The idea that an american general would sit in the oval office and advise the President of the United States and then walk out and take phone calls and have meetings about how much a foreign government would pay him if he could bend US policy is absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't lose sleep if they stuck him in jail for the rest of his life.

This. All of it.

This. All of it.

I probably should have explained that a little better as not everyone has read my other posts about Flynn.

I don’t feel bad because I think he is being treated unfairly. He deserves whatever punishment he gets. He brought it all on himself. But he isn’t just some TV and political personality to me. I know the man. I used to work for him. He was a bad boss with a poor work ethic and I was very concerned when I heard he was picked to be Trump’s NSA. But still, we have had laughs together, I have had meals with him, driven him around, been to social functions with him. I have met and liked his wife. He helped one of my NCOs with a problem that was definitely below his pay grade.

It is just different, emotionally speaking, when you know the person like that. I am NOT defending the man, I’m just explaining my own personal, maybe irrational, personal feelings at the moment.

That appears to be Trump's take on them as well. He's based his campaigns around it.

Trump's Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

And who knows his base better than Trump himself?

Back
Top Bottom