• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flying Snakes

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
JFC, flying snakes? Like I don't have enough nightmares. Another reason not to visit Asia.

Mystery of how flying snakes move is solved by scientists | Fox News

Flying snakes are able to undulate their bodies as they glide through the air, and those unique movements allow them to take flight, scientists have found.

These snakes, such Chrysopelea paradisi, also known as the paradise tree snake, tend to reside in the trees of South and Southeast Asia. While up there, they move along tree branches and, sometimes, to reach another tree, they'll launch themselves into the air and glide down at an angle.

NSFW!

NSFW!

JFC, flying snakes? Like I don't have enough nightmares. Another reason not to visit Asia.

Flying snakes are able to undulate their bodies as they glide through the air, and those unique movements allow them to take flight, scientists have found.

These snakes, such Chrysopelea paradisi, also known as the paradise tree snake, tend to reside in the trees of South and Southeast Asia. While up there, they move along tree branches and, sometimes, to reach another tree, they'll launch themselves into the air and glide down at an angle.

Which is worse, pigs flying or snakes?

Do you know if you go to your Moon and land over here and over there then your feet won't fit in the shelter at the bottom of the lake of fire and people will steal your energy as you gather power to jump out and you will always have to swim until you have your feet cut off over the edge of creation and take birth as a snake?

Which is worse, pigs flying or snakes?

Do you know if you go to your Moon and land over here and over there then your feet won't fit in the shelter at the bottom of the lake of fire and people will steal your energy as you gather power to jump out and you will always have to swim until you have your feet cut off over the edge of creation and take birth as a snake?

Geezus, man. That story sounds like it's LSD inspired.

giphy.gif

More "gliding" than "flying"...

Rather have them fly over my head than crawl between my feet (by the way they are not especially venomous as to humans)

Mars is good to avoid too, but I don't know of a penalty.

On mars you contaminate the dust that purifies our past and go below this mechanism.

Rather have them fly over my head than crawl between my feet (by the way they are not especially venomous as to humans)
Crawl by your feet you can either stomp on them or climb onto something to get away. Flying over your head they can drop down on it anytime and we as a species tend not to spend out time looking u.
So to sum up my original post stands as my perspective the subject

Crawl by your feet you can either stomp on them or climb onto something to get away. Flying over your head they can drop down on it anytime and we as a species tend not to spend out time looking u.
So to sum up my original post stands as my perspective the subject

You are not going to stomp a snake to death. They are hard as hell to wrangle beating them repeatedly in the head with a shovel. With water, woods, and fields, I encounter snakes fairly regularly. I mostly don't bother them unless they are up close to the house. Copperheads are the only ones you need to be mindful of in this area. Fortunately I haven't crossed paths with momma as of yet but have relocated several of her little ones from under things around the house.

You are not going to stomp a snake to death. They are hard as hell to wrangle beating them repeatedly in the head with a shovel. With water, woods, and fields, I encounter snakes fairly regularly. I mostly don't bother them unless they are up close to the house. Copperheads are the only ones you need to be mindful of in this area. Fortunately I haven't crossed paths with momma as of yet but have relocated several of her little ones from under things around the house.

The Narasimha Kavacha neutralizes venomous bites.

That's what I do if I get bit, start chanting the prayer at that verse.

Centipedes, bees chant thirty two verses and the rest of the round and you never feel any pain from the beginning.

As is pointed out,it's more gliding than flying. They don't go UP.

As is pointed out,it's more gliding than flying. They don't go UP.

Snakes in the air, period, are enough for me. I bet they'll go UP your pants leg.

Snakes in the air, period, are enough for me. I bet they'll go UP your pants leg.

I have the one already,and that's quite enough.

Good pair of boots is all you need besides I said you can climb up on somethin gbut when they drop on your head thats just a whole bunch of NOPE!

Good pair of boots is all you need besides I said you can climb up on somethin gbut when they drop on your head thats just a whole bunch of NOPE!

I did have a 6-7 foot range black snake fall out of a maple onto my shoulder about 5 years ago. It was more a WTF at first and wasn't til I threw it off me as it was falling off me I realized what it was. Fortunately it was in early spring and it was still sluggish. I let that one be. A bit too long for my snake wrangling comfort. Wasn't particularly thick though to be as long as it was. Maybe lost a lot of mass hibernating. Not sure.

I did have a 6-7 foot range black snake fall out of a maple onto my shoulder about 5 years ago. It was more a WTF at first and wasn't til I threw it off me as it was falling off me I realized what it was. Fortunately it was in early spring and it was still sluggish. I let that one be. A bit too long for my snake wrangling comfort. Wasn't particularly thick though to be as long as it was. Maybe lost a lot of mass hibernating. Not sure.

yeah thats a nope

I only need Ghanja to make this spaceship go, although there was one hit of coke that got me all the way to the bottom of the Lake of Fire.

That's not where I heard this though, I heard this more lately.

LSD would translate me, I'd have to do mushrooms or peyote.

Sorry, I don't have any business there.

I'm too ****ed up to take any more drugs.

Would I go to Mr. Mescalito; to show him all the **** I live in?

No spaceships that way, no crystal cities, no gold, money, women, music (sex, drugs and rock and roll, six six sex, sick sick six).

I only need Ghanja to make this spaceship go, although there was one hit of coke that got me all the way to the bottom of the Lake of Fire.

That's not where I heard this though, I heard this more lately.

LSD would translate me, I'd have to do mushrooms or peyote.

Sorry, I don't have any business there.

I'm too ****ed up to take any more drugs.

Would I go to Mr. Mescalito; to show him all the **** I live in?

No spaceships that way, no crystal cities, no gold, money, women, music (sex, drugs and rock and roll, six six sex, sick sick six).

Rock out with your **** out, Dude! :rock

Rock out with your **** out, Dude! :rock

I spent some of my unemployment windfall on a used Gibson SG and some pedals, so maybe I can take a break from my writing and go through the songbook for the hundredth time or chart up the rest of the thousand files that I have a quarter in their second draft.

My songbook is divided into show tunes, slow tunes and dance tunes.

Beatles have twice as many songs in just about every category.

Back
Top Bottom