• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fluoride - Did labeling opposition as conspriracy kooks prevent research?

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Harvard and other legitimate research organizations conclude that fluroride notably reduces IQ in terms of neurodevelopment in children.

Did labeling opposition to fluoridating water prevent research thus allowing to 2 generations of Americans with lowered intelligence?

"Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment. In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride’s impact on the developing brain is warranted."

Harvard School of Public Health » HSPH News » Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children

Harvard and other legitimate research organizations conclude that fluroride notably reduces IQ in terms of neurodevelopment in children.

Did labeling opposition to fluoridating water prevent research thus allowing to 2 generations of Americans with lowered intelligence?

"Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment. In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride’s impact on the developing brain is warranted."

Harvard School of Public Health » HSPH News » Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children

That might explain - everything.

Do you really think kids drink a lot of water these days? :2no4:

My dentist told me to get mouthwash with fluoride in it. Is this an attempted murder? I have no idea what goes on in the water drinking world.

My dentist told me to get mouthwash with fluoride in it. Is this an attempted murder? I have no idea what goes on in the water drinking world.

A branch of my family tree who have a well were told to avoid fluoride at all cost because they were getting too much by accommodating for it not being in their water and that was messing up their teeth worse. Who knows.

A branch of my family tree who have a well were told to avoid fluoride at all cost because they were getting too much by accommodating for it not being in their water and that was messing up their teeth worse. Who knows.

Great. One more thing to worry about.:(

Great. One more thing to worry about.:(

LOL they were taking a fluoride supplement as well, but after they started having their teeth gray, they had to switch to unfluorinated everything.

Pretty much everything has the potential to be harmful, even the dreaded dihydrogen-monoxide itself. Dosage is the key aspect which I'm not sure is being given sufficient attention by this article.

I don't know, did it? I'd have expected people opposing fluoridation of water in the US (and elsewhere) would have actually encouraged research, in fact I'd have expected their objection to be based on existing research.

I'm no expert but I could see that, while the levels of fluoridation in tap water wouldn't be an issue itself, people getting fluoride from multiple other sources could combine to be a problem (vitamin supplements have already been mentioned - would be the first time their more trouble that their worth).

I've drank almost nothing but tap water my entire life, and I'm a deal quicker than most of the bottled water and soda drinking people around me.

Extremely high levels of water will literally kill you. So you'd better stop drinking water, right?

The fluoride conspiracy label came from the conspiracy theory detailing how it was a giant government mind control plot.

Based on the article provided,the answer is, "No."

Back
Top Bottom