• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Audio: IDF soldiers warn flotilla vessels they are nearing area under naval blockade, latter respond with anti-Semitic slurs
Ynet
Published: 06.04.10, 19:56 / Israel News
The IDF released on Friday an audio reproduction of the moments before Monday's raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla.

In it, the soldiers can be heard warning the flotilla that its vessels are nearing an area under naval blockade. They are answered by calls of "Go back to Auschwitz" and "Don't forget 9/11 guys".
Flotilla passengers: Go back to Auschwitz - Israel News, Ynetnews

Hmm, sounds like the flotilla folks were cruisin for a bruisin.

I would have sank the ships. It's probably a good thing that Israel is ruled by cooler heads than mine.

I have to admit I was at a loss to see what gain Israel would have from boarding this ship (not realizing until later that there were several ships in a convoy), I would much prefer that Israel not board this latest ship but instead immobilize it so that it drifts around until someone comes to collect a salvage fee for rescuing it.

Wow. The only word I can think of is "assholes". That is just vile. Really, what goes through people's minds when they say **** like that?

Hate.........

I have to admit I was at a loss to see what gain Israel would have from boarding this ship (not realizing until later that there were several ships in a convoy), I would much prefer that Israel not board this latest ship but instead immobilize it so that it drifts around until someone comes to collect a salvage fee for rescuing it.

What a great idea!!!

Are we certain that this tape is real?

Wow that was probably the fakest recording I've ever heard. Isn't this the same news source that claimed that some of the Flotilla passengers desired to be martyrs? Two pretty big stories that never showed up anywhere else AFAIK. Sounds like the source is the problem.

Wow that was probably the fakest recording I've ever heard. Isn't this the same news source that claimed that some of the Flotilla passengers desired to be martyrs? Two pretty big stories that never showed up anywhere else AFAIK. Sounds like the source is the problem.

If you can find a reputable source showing this recording to be fake, by all means, please bring it to our attention.

If you cannot, then we must accept this recording as legitimate.

So it's legitimate unless it's proven false now?

How about you provide an actual credible source instead of this website?

Okay...
IDF releases new 'Marmara' clip

The IDF Spokesperson on Friday released a new clip depicting Monday's events on board the Mavi Marmara, this time an audio recording of the exchange between the ship and a radio operator from the Navy who urged the captain to turn back.

Now that I've got TWO sources, how about you provide something other then your biased opinion, that the audio is fake.

Now that I've got TWO sources, how about you provide something other then your biased opinion, that the audio is fake.

Both your sources are ultimately the IDF. If the IDF is of questionable accuracy(and they are since they are in the middle of the events), then neither is reliable. I am not doubting that the recording is real, only showing the flaw in your argument. Personally, I think the recordings are probably real, but I can see how people can question them.

Both your sources are ultimately the IDF. If the IDF is of questionable accuracy(and they are since they are in the middle of the events), then neither is reliable. I am not doubting that the recording is real, only showing the flaw in your argument. Personally, I think the recordings are probably real, but I can see how people can question them.

There is no flaw in my argument. You are proving nothing. Both sources are Israeli... and? He asked for another source, so I found one. Jerusalem Post | Breaking News from Israel, the Middle East & the Jewish World I wasn't aware the IDF owned this paper. Do you have proof of this?

There is no flaw in my argument. You are proving nothing. Both sources are Israeli... and? He asked for another source, so I found one. Jerusalem Post | Breaking News from Israel, the Middle East & the Jewish World I wasn't aware the IDF owned this paper. Do you have proof of this?

Both sources draw their clips from the same source, the IDF. If you find an AP news story at Yahoo, get asked for another source, and provide another AP story carried by another paper, both are ultimately AP as the source if you follow.

Actually, both sources produced identical tapes. As far as authenticity goes, I have heard from the pro- side. Let's hear from the anti- side. Any evidence that this tape is NOT authentic?

Actually, both sources produced identical tapes. As far as authenticity goes, I have heard from the pro- side. Let's hear from the anti- side. Any evidence that this tape is NOT authentic?

None that I have heard of.

This is actually a good example of the appeal to ignorance logical fallacy... working both ways. The fallacy states that you cannot assume something is true because it has not been proven false. Conversely, it also states that you cannot assume something is false just because it has not been proven true. In this case, there is evidence that the tape is authentic. Because of this, just saying, "it doesn't sound authentic to me" is a logical fallacy... unless it is backed you with some sort of evidence.

Eh, my argument for my belief is I have no reason to believe it is false, it's most likely true, and I will probably never have real proof either way.

Back
Top Bottom