• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida's don't say gay passes House...

Thankfully we can still say F**** Y***!!!!!!!!!

We need to assure that these very young children are constantly supervised and protected from the evil doers.

The goal is noble, but the recommended process is stupidly misdirected.
I guess it comes down to your concept of evil. Ever since they invented conservatives they've viewed social advancement and knowledge as evil. Abortion providers? Evil. Gay Marriage? Evil. Only conservatives would call teachers trying to help kids like The Old Soul, re-read post #21 with empathy (missing from most conservatives), evil. Unless you believe what The Old Soul went thru is a one-off :rolleyes:, the goal must be met...

Thank you. My last parent passed away in February (small family, my dad was an only child, and mom outlived all her siblings), and it was a bitter-sweet passing; more sweet than bitter - sadly she left this world not knowing, or wanting to know, a lot of things that were swept under the rug for both our entire lives that would have made all the difference in the world as a child. That weight has now been lifted (a sigh of relief). I managed to reconcile many things once reaching adulthood as many children do (and too many don't) through mostly information, and support of true and lifelong friends.

You seem to have suffered some ills rising from the suffering of your parents that impacted their abilities and lives and the care they were able to provide you.

Without in any way trying to minimize your suffering, there are a very few among us that have escaped this sort of inflicted misery by parents who were simply not capable of raising children perfectly or even well.

In my case, there were various issues carried by my parents that bestowed odd repercussions on me.

These bestowed repercussions created other issues that, in retrospect, manifested in odd and sometimes hurtful actions committed by me.

My actions were often hurtful to others and I regret them greatly now, but did not recognize them as being hurtful in the moment(s).

It seems likely to me that many people, being older and wiser, regret the actions of their younger and less wise selves. I can see that I definitely was an idiot. While I try to be less so, I assume that I still am.

I feel like I'm improving. I could wrong.

I guess it comes down to your concept of evil. Ever since they invented conservatives they've viewed social advancement and knowledge as evil. Abortion providers? Evil. Gay Marriage? Evil. Only conservatives would call teachers trying to help kids like The Old Soul, re-read post #21 with empathy (missing from most conservatives), evil. Unless you believe what The Old Soul went thru is a one-off :rolleyes:, the goal must be met...

In my post, I did not cite who the evil doers might be. My thoughts were that people who abuse children are evil doers.

That you assume so much based only on your bias, prejudice and ignorance is amazing.

In my post, I did not cite who the evil doers might be. My thoughts were that people who abuse children are evil doers.

That you assume so much based only on your bias, prejudice and ignorance is amazing.
My thoughts were that conservatives who demand that teachers can never discuss LGBT subjects and put children through the hell Old Soul went thru (re-read post #21 with empathy) are evil doers.

Btw, I didn't know until today that Alabama’s law, tells schools to tell students that “homosexuality is not a lifestyle acceptable to the general public.” What a sick message that sends to a young gay teens...

My thoughts were that conservatives who demand that teachers can never discuss LGBT subjects and put children through the hell Old Soul went thru (re-read post #21 with empathy) are evil doers.

Btw, I didn't know until today that Alabama’s law, tells schools to tell students that “homosexuality is not a lifestyle acceptable to the general public.” What a sick message that sends to a young gay teens...

I FEEL that any discussion of sexual preference and life styles conducted in a classroom setting as a part of defined curriculum needs to be very specific and very precisely and narrowly defined and limited to very specific boundaries.

The ability of children age 5 through 8 is limited and these real world limitations must be considered carefully. Any curriculum must be tailored very adroitly. Any instruction must be very carefully administered.

Through third grade, children are learning to read. After third grade, children are reading to learn. Some are more advanced. Some less so.

Curriculums, though, are presented to the homogenized whole. These kids do not all possess the context to understand much of what the do-gooders are hoping to accomplish with this suggestion.

The goal is noble, but the process is clumsy.

What a sad state, and a truly sad state of affairs. The GOP there are passing laws from the 20th century not the 21st century. Once again showing they are NOT the party of inclusion, and they don't like minorities other than themselves.

Equality Florida condemned the bill’s passage on Thursday, saying it was done “despite overwhelming public outrage” and claiming the move would turn the state into a bastion of “censorship and surveillance.”
“If signed into law, these bills will have disastrous impacts on classrooms and workplaces,” the group said in a statement. “They will turn Florida into a surveillance state and give the government broad license to censor conversations about American history, the origins of racism and injustice, and the existence of LGBTQ people.”

Just parents being good parents.

So why reef on a bunch of LGBT kids that thinks Marxism has something to do with an antique toy manufacturer?

Keep in mind the only ones being truly suppressed are the children; vilified to the point of actually committing suicide. They end their existence mainly because of crap like these laws and the people supporting them. You, yes you are the main reason these people are committing homicide - against themselves, not the ones who are the actual killers...
Being gay doesn’t give you a license to be stupid. Sex education should be handled by parents. Especially In these times where everything goes. There has to be a line drawn, and parents should be the ones drawing it. Not so called educators.

How about some life tactics? You can 'teach' a computer to read, write, do math, and apply science, but humans are vastly more complex, and might just need to know about and learn to apply ancillary knowledge beyond the yes/no, true/false of life.
I still think school counselors should be the answer to this. If they aren't well known, they should be because they can be a great resource for things other than picking classes.

Life tactics definitely need to be taught (in the scope of teaching skills for living a productive life) . How to balance a checkbook and the evils of spending beyond your means as well as the evils of credit card debt would likely be helpful.

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep groomers out of grammar school

I still think school counselors should be the answer to this. If they aren't well known, they should be because they can be a great resource for things other than picking classes.

Life tactics definitely need to be taught (in the scope of teaching skills for living a productive life) . How to balance a checkbook and the evils of spending beyond your means as well as the evils of credit card debt would likely be helpful.
Clear skies would help immensely; not only counselors (which is a good idea), but the rest of the educational system could lighten up and take some of the cloud off LGBT students during their most impressionable years. They already know all too well about these anti-LGBT laws, rules, regulations, and unspoken distaste the 'majority' of Americans have against those of different propensities.

Besides the need to teach kids more about the bouquets and brickbats of life like balancing their checkbook and how to budget and understand how the stock market, house and food prices, insurance (a big black hole considering how much of our lives we insure), politics, and even weather affects society's livelyhood, happiness (beyond the almighty dollar), and individual success navigating the modern world.

Being gay doesn’t give you a license to be stupid. Sex education should be handled by parents. Especially In these times where everything goes. There has to be a line drawn, and parents should be the ones drawing it. Not so called educators.
Parents are in many cases the least viable source of unbiased and constructive information; some private schools are right up there (down there) too. When (if) parents have that talk with their kids, the information and attitudes passed along are too often very narrow and prejudiced views, perhaps most driven by what and how their parents taught them, which reflects what their parents told them; the influences are generation over generation constructs, which can (and usually do) sully the facts to the point of being unrecognizable. This teaching is often overshadowed by both politics and religion combined.

I attended parochial school through the 8th grade, then went to Seminary school for a year (my year of enlightenment when able to confront instructors), and was told that the laws of God are immutable, and being even a sympathizer or taking knowledge in without the hand of God guiding the topic was a ticket to HELL - damning a child is unbelievably cruel, but done regularly to those not fully vested in doctrine.

One of my teachers was Father Robert Kapoun, a self-admitted child molester: "Kapoun has admitted to sexual contact with other boys. The archdiocese says it knew of Kapoun's abuse of other boys but said it had told parishioners it had a system to monitor Kapoun's behavior," and he was one of the most severe fire-and-brimstone teachers I ever had.

Once I made it to public school and a much more 'real-world' atmosphere, did my life finally start to make sense, thanks to seasoned instructors, and mostly non-biased teaching. That is where I learned to effectively read (we learned from non-filtered literature), free writing, non-religious history, biology and psychology, and higher math; I never realized what a fascinating subject math was beyond basic numeric manipulation as presented by non-technical and undereducated Nuns, Brothers, and Priests. My parents sure liked what the Catholic school taught though, which had insufficient core competencies and excessive indoctrination to the Catholic way, which was their main objective I surmised.

Parents suck at teaching sex; they are mostly ignorant, opinionated, and want the same for their children. It was good enough for them wasn't it?!!
What did you tell your kids?

Clear skies would help immensely; not only counselors (which is a good idea), but the rest of the educational system could lighten up and take some of the cloud off LGBT students during their most impressionable years. They already know all too well about these anti-LGBT laws, rules, regulations, and unspoken distaste the 'majority' of Americans have against those of different propensities.

Besides the need to teach kids more about the bouquets and brickbats of life like balancing their checkbook and how to budget and understand how the stock market, house and food prices, insurance (a big black hole considering how much of our lives we insure), politics, and even weather affects society's livelyhood, happiness (beyond the almighty dollar), and individual success navigating the modern world.

Parents are in many cases the least viable source of unbiased and constructive information; some private schools are right up there (down there) too. When (if) parents have that talk with their kids, the information and attitudes passed along are too often very narrow and prejudiced views, perhaps most driven by what and how their parents taught them, which reflects what their parents told them; the influences are generation over generation constructs, which can (and usually do) sully the facts to the point of being unrecognizable. This teaching is often overshadowed by both politics and religion combined.

I attended parochial school through the 8th grade, then went to Seminary school for a year (my year of enlightenment when able to confront instructors), and was told that the laws of God are immutable, and being even a sympathizer or taking knowledge in without the hand of God guiding the topic was a ticket to HELL - damning a child is unbelievably cruel, but done regularly to those not fully vested in doctrine.

One of my teachers was Father Robert Kapoun, a self-admitted child molester: "Kapoun has admitted to sexual contact with other boys. The archdiocese says it knew of Kapoun's abuse of other boys but said it had told parishioners it had a system to monitor Kapoun's behavior," and he was one of the most severe fire-and-brimstone teachers I ever had.

Once I made it to public school and a much more 'real-world' atmosphere, did my life finally start to make sense, thanks to seasoned instructors, and mostly non-biased teaching. That is where I learned to effectively read (we learned from non-filtered literature), free writing, non-religious history, biology and psychology, and higher math; I never realized what a fascinating subject math was beyond basic numeric manipulation as presented by non-technical and undereducated Nuns, Brothers, and Priests. My parents sure liked what the Catholic school taught though, which had insufficient core competencies and excessive indoctrination to the Catholic way, which was their main objective I surmised.

Parents suck at teaching sex; they are mostly ignorant, opinionated, and want the same for their children. It was good enough for them wasn't it?!!
What did you tell your kids?
The underlying and overall point to this is that Parent's suck at teaching lots of stuff across the board but at the end of the day they, not the teachers, not the counselors, not the government are responsible for the things they get taught outside of a school curriculum of Math, Reading, and Writing (in essence)
I go back, again, to saying, if we as a people think that parent's should be held accountable for teaching, or a LACK of teaching, then I'd say we would likely start with the much bigger issues. Those issues would be: why are you reading at a 3rd grade level in the 11th grade? Why can't you do simple third grade math in the 10th grade? Why are you out late at night selling or doing drugs, where are your parents?

I mean, I can think of a whole host of things that responsible parent's would provide for their children, care and love being primary, but don't.

What a sad state, and a truly sad state of affairs. The GOP there are passing laws from the 20th century not the 21st century. Once again showing they are NOT the party of inclusion, and they don't like minorities other than themselves.

Equality Florida condemned the bill’s passage on Thursday, saying it was done “despite overwhelming public outrage” and claiming the move would turn the state into a bastion of “censorship and surveillance.”
“If signed into law, these bills will have disastrous impacts on classrooms and workplaces,” the group said in a statement. “They will turn Florida into a surveillance state and give the government broad license to censor conversations about American history, the origins of racism and injustice, and the existence of LGBTQ people.”

Their constituency are shitty people, plain and simple. And if some Republcians want to whine about being associated with that, too bad, you vote for these Taliban pandering scum. All the issues we face, these are the laws they pass, making it harder to vote, ****ing with schools, gerrymandering, abortion ban and anti=gay and transgender nonsense. And republicans assholes blame problems on liberlas, who actually acknowledge and push to solve real work problems.

50 years ago when sex education was introduced in our local public schools, yeah, its been around that long and we've survived, my uncle was the president of the school board. Some parents called him and complained, and he told them, "Don't worry, its boring." I always thought that was pretty funny.

Their constituency are shitty people, plain and simple. And if some Republcians want to whine about being associated with that, too bad, you vote for these Taliban pandering scum. All the issues we face, these are the laws they pass, making it harder to vote, ****ing with schools, gerrymandering, abortion ban and anti=gay and transgender nonsense. And republicans assholes blame problems on liberlas, who actually acknowledge and push to solve real work problems.

They are the kind of people who are amused to see their governor berate kids for wearing masks, like forcing rape victims to have the children of their perpetrators.

They are the kind of people who are amused to see their governor berate kids for wearing masks, like forcing rape victims to have the children of their perpetrators.
Berate. LOL. Telling kids they don't have to wear masks is "berating" them.

The headline of this thread is misinformation and misleading -- nothing in the law says "don't say gay." That's a Left wing narrative, because what they want to do is get the "trans" ideas into kindergarten and primary school. They want kindergarten teachers spending school time, not on the three R's, art, science, and other educational areas, no, they want kindergarten teachers spending time on what a "gender" is and how people can change them up, and various sexual proclivities.

Just parents being good parents.

Why are Democrats so passionately opposed to any sort of free thought, self determination or actions guided by self interest?

LOL Do you know what the bill says? You can't always rely on CNN.

I believe the bill says it would be inappropriate to teach K-3rd grade sexual material. Does the bill say it's specific to gay or trans gender?
The bill says discussions about "sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.”

May be CNN can interview a 5 year old to see how oppressed they are because this bill passed.

Back
Top Bottom