• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida woman dead after accidentally shot by officer during citizen police academy r

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Florida woman fatally shot by cop in citizen academy accident - NY Daily News

Mary Knowlton was one of two participants randomly selected from a group of 35 for a shoot-don’t shoot simulation during a two-hour training Tuesday at the Punta Gorda Police Department, Chief Tom Lewis told reporters at a press conference.

“During the first scenario, in a horrible accident participant Mary Knowlton was mistakenly struck by a live round,” Lewis said.

Good grief:doh

I don't know what kind of training this was but there is no excuse for "accidentally" using live rounds for this kind of training.

Re: Florida woman dead after accidentally shot by officer during citizen police acade

"Mistakenly struck by a live round" WTF?

Re: Florida woman dead after accidentally shot by officer during citizen police acade

Florida woman fatally shot by cop in citizen academy accident - NY Daily News

Good grief:doh

I don't know what kind of training this was but there is no excuse for "accidentally" using live rounds for this kind of training.

It's possible that blanks were being used and a live round got mixed up in there. Such a thing can happen anywhere from the manufacturing plant to whoever loaded the gun. It's happened before. It's also possible that the blank was defective. Sucks when this kind of thing happens. :(

It's possible that blanks were being used and a live round got mixed up in there. Such a thing can happen anywhere from the manufacturing plant to whoever loaded the gun. It's happened before. It's also possible that the blank was defective. Sucks when this kind of thing happens. :(

It's highly unlikely that blanks were being used because these scenarios are usually close range and blanks can still be dangerous inside of a few feet. It's also really difficult to mix up a blank and a live round. They really don't look like an actual round.

This story made my jaw drop. WTF??? They use real people as "targets" for these things? :doh

I just checked and there has been no update in the news for five days.

Figures. We haven't heard anything about that guy that got shot with his hands up and laying on the ground either. Come to think of it we haven't heard anything about Orlando either and in that one I'm pretty sure that the cops took out at least some of the club patrons.

Back
Top Bottom