• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida to recommend against Covid-19 vaccine for healthy children

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(CNN)The Florida Department of Health will recommend against Covid-19 vaccinations for healthy children, the state's top public health official said Monday, putting the state at odds with the guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC recommended children get vaccinated in November when the shot became available to most kids. Since then, about 22 million children have become fully vaccinated, including 1.1 million Florida kids.
But Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo said the state is going to issue separate guidance urging parents not to vaccinate their kids. Ladapo did not say when that guidance would become official and provided few additional details.

Florida would become the first state to break from the CDC on vaccines for children.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/07/health/florida-covid-19-vaccine-recommendation/index.html

Our "top health official" is a certified QUACK so could we expect anything else?

Florida Agricultural Commissioner Nikki Fried, a Democrat running for governor, released the following statement on Ladapo’s conformation:

"As I’ve said before, I believe Dr. Ladapo is an anti-science quack who doesn’t belong anywhere near our state’s Surgeon General office, let alone running it. But now that he’s been confirmed, it’s my sincere hope that he and Governor DeSantis choose to focus on saving lives and preventing unnecessary illness instead of continuing their absurd promotion of conspiracy theories and opposition to proven public health measures — but I’m not going to hold my breath.”

https://www.wesh.com/article/joseph-ladapo-confirmed/39194821

(CNN)The Florida Department of Health will recommend against Covid-19 vaccinations for healthy children, the state's top public health official said Monday, putting the state at odds with the guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC recommended children get vaccinated in November when the shot became available to most kids. Since then, about 22 million children have become fully vaccinated, including 1.1 million Florida kids.
But Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo said the state is going to issue separate guidance urging parents not to vaccinate their kids. Ladapo did not say when that guidance would become official and provided few additional details.

Florida would become the first state to break from the CDC on vaccines for children.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/07/health/florida-covid-19-vaccine-recommendation/index.html

Our "top health official" is a certified QUACK so could we expect anything else?

Florida Agricultural Commissioner Nikki Fried, a Democrat running for governor, released the following statement on Ladapo’s conformation:

"As I’ve said before, I believe Dr. Ladapo is an anti-science quack who doesn’t belong anywhere near our state’s Surgeon General office, let alone running it. But now that he’s been confirmed, it’s my sincere hope that he and Governor DeSantis choose to focus on saving lives and preventing unnecessary illness instead of continuing their absurd promotion of conspiracy theories and opposition to proven public health measures — but I’m not going to hold my breath.”

Home of FLORIDA MAN.

I lived in Florida for a few years.

Little surprises me coming from there .

Home of FLORIDA MAN.

I lived in Florida for a few years.

Little surprises me coming from there .
All I know is that if my kid got real sick from Covid I would be be suing the State in a heartbeat and I would win too. That "guidance" is wildly irresponsible and possibly criminal.

DeathSantis lives up to his name yet again.

All I know is that if my kid got real sick from Covid I would be be suing the State in a heartbeat and I would win too. That "guidance" is wildly irresponsible and possibly criminal.
Does Florida recommendations state you can't get your child vaccinated?

Come on.....at worst it is bad medical advice. At best it sows doubt and confusion. If a Health Department has legitimate concerns there advice should be to consult your pediatrician. DeSantis is all about politizing a health issue in hopes it strengthens his base. It's all about power

I was delighted to hear this news!

Come on.....at worst it is bad medical advice. At best it sows doubt and confusion. If a Health Department has legitimate concerns there advice should be to consult your pediatrician. DeSantis is all about politizing a health issue in hopes it strengthens his base. It's all about power
I take it from your response that you couldn't find anything saying parents couldn't choose to vaccinate their children if that was their choice.

I take it from your response that you couldn't find anything saying parents couldn't choose to vaccinate their children if that was their choice.
No I didn't. However that was not my point. I think I was fairly clear in what I thought would have been much more appropriate coming from a top health official.

The State telling people not to get their children vaccinated means they are responsible for any severe covid that results from following that "guidance". It is as simple as that. The CDC will testify at any trial too.

Lol, you'd sue and win what kind of lawsuit? The "my child got real sick lawsuit"? And when the argument is made that few children get "real sick" from covid, would you go with the "but my child got real sick lawsuit"? And when the argument is made that you the parent had every right and opportunity to get your child vaccinated per your choice, would you go with the "but I can only think/act/react per my state guidance, I can't make a decision for myself, and my child got real sick lawsuit"?

No I didn't. However that was not my point. I think I was fairly clear in what I thought would have been much more appropriate coming from a top health official.
So your problem is with not following the recommendations unless it comes from a "reliable" source. The solution seems simple enough for any parent. Get a second opinion. If that "reliable" source recommends vaccinating your child then follow that advice. Nothing in Florida's recommendations prevent you from doing that.

The State telling people not to get their children vaccinated means they are responsible for any severe covid that results from following that "guidance". It is as simple as that. The CDC will testify at any trial too.
Is that the way it works?

Can the people that suffered vaccine injury sue because they were told to take a vaccine? How about the parents of the kids that wound up with myocarditis or periocarditis?

Parents are being shamed by the State if they do decide to vaccinate their children. They will testify that they felt pressured by that guidance and severe illness was the result. Million of dollars is a low estimate of what they will receive from any jury trying such a case.

It's a recommendation. Do you understand what that word means? I can tell you it certainly doesn't have the word "mandated" in its definition.

Parents are being shamed by the State if they do decide to vaccinate their children. They will testify that they felt pressured by that guidance and severe illness was the result. Million of dollars is a low estimate of what they will receive from any jury trying such a case.
You've got a pipedream going on here. I don't recommend testing it out though.

Is that the way it works?

Can the people that suffered vaccine injury sue because they were told to take a vaccine? How about the parents of the kids that wound up with myocarditis or periocarditis?
The rare cases of myocarditis clear up on their own in a few days. Myocarditis from a covid infection is more common and far more serious so I doubt that they would have a case.

Medical experts, however, said the evidence so far showed those with myocarditis after COVID-19 vaccines recover quickly.
Both the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna Inc vaccines have been linked to rare cases of heart inflammation called myocarditis, especially in young men (here).
However, the benefits of mRNA shots in preventing COVID-19 continue to outweigh the risks, European and U.S. regulators and the World Health Organization have said (here).
On Oct 1, Canadian health officials said data suggests reported cases of rare heart inflammation occurs more often in adolescents and adults under 30 years of age, and more often in males. The statement from the Public Health Agency of Canada said the majority of the affected individuals experienced relatively mild illness and recovered quickly (here).
The risk of cardiac complications, including heart inflammation, has been shown to be substantially increased following COVID-19 infections, with the risks higher after the infection than after vaccination, the statement said.
A Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) report on myocarditis among members of the U.S. military following mRNA COVID-19 vaccinations (here) found that 23 male patients developed myocarditis. “These episodes occurred against the backdrop of 2.8 million doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered,” it said. “Vigilance for rare adverse events, including myocarditis, after COVID-19 vaccination is warranted but should not diminish overall confidence in vaccination during the current pandemic.”

It notes that, “Cardiac symptoms resolved within 1 week of onset for 16 patients. Seven patients continued to have chest discomfort at the time of this report; follow-up is ongoing.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/fac...9-vaccines-are-not-irreversible-idUSL1N2S924L

Lol, you'd sue and win what kind of lawsuit? The "my child got real sick lawsuit"? And when the argument is made that few children get "real sick" from covid, would you go with the "but my child got real sick lawsuit"? And when the argument is made that you the parent had every right and opportunity to get your child vaccinated per your choice, would you go with the "but I can only think/act/react per my state guidance, I can't make a decision for myself, and my child got real sick lawsuit"?
It's really entertaining to watch the antics of the hyperventilating vaxxers. :LOL:

The rare cases of myocarditis clear up on their own in a few days. Myocarditis from a covid infection is more common and far more serious so I doubt that they would have a case.

Medical experts, however, said the evidence so far showed those with myocarditis after COVID-19 vaccines recover quickly.
Both the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna Inc vaccines have been linked to rare cases of heart inflammation called myocarditis, especially in young men (here).
However, the benefits of mRNA shots in preventing COVID-19 continue to outweigh the risks, European and U.S. regulators and the World Health Organization have said (here).
On Oct 1, Canadian health officials said data suggests reported cases of rare heart inflammation occurs more often in adolescents and adults under 30 years of age, and more often in males. The statement from the Public Health Agency of Canada said the majority of the affected individuals experienced relatively mild illness and recovered quickly (here).
The risk of cardiac complications, including heart inflammation, has been shown to be substantially increased following COVID-19 infections, with the risks higher after the infection than after vaccination, the statement said.
A Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) report on myocarditis among members of the U.S. military following mRNA COVID-19 vaccinations (here) found that 23 male patients developed myocarditis. “These episodes occurred against the backdrop of 2.8 million doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered,” it said. “Vigilance for rare adverse events, including myocarditis, after COVID-19 vaccination is warranted but should not diminish overall confidence in vaccination during the current pandemic.”

It notes that, “Cardiac symptoms resolved within 1 week of onset for 16 patients. Seven patients continued to have chest discomfort at the time of this report; follow-up is ongoing.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/fac...9-vaccines-are-not-irreversible-idUSL1N2S924L
You didn't answer the question.

It's a recommendation. Do you understand what that word means? I can tell you it certainly doesn't have the word "mandated" in its definition.
Considering vaccines for children are still under Emergency Use Authorization and vaccine efficacy has been questionable in regards to duration, etc. it would seem that FL is being prudent in leaving any recommendations up to doctors, not issuing a blanket recommendation TO take a vaccine that isn't fully FDA approved at this juncture.

When so called "medical professionals" hired by the State stick their neck out with wildly irresponsible guidance you don't think they should be held responsible for the results of such guidance? You are dreaming. The State has made itself liable and the plaintiffs that result will win their cases easily.

Considering vaccines for children are still under Emergency Use Authorization and vaccine efficacy has been questionable in regards to duration, etc. it would seem that FL is being prudent in leaving any recommendations up to doctors, not issuing a blanket recommendation TO take a vaccine that isn't fully FDA approved at this juncture.
I have it on "reliable" sources that Florida's recommendations are quite "reasonable". ;)

I was Florida's head doctor that made that recommendation. He said nothing about asking you own doctor. The State will be liable for any severe covid that an unvaccinated child gets and I think any settlements should be paid for by Death Sentence and his quack surgeon general.

Back
Top Bottom