• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida shows 947.9% increase in COVID-19 cases since governor reopened state

Florida shows 947.9% increase in COVID-19 cases since governor reopened state

0BGJH2_0P0hGVsH00

The article goes on to post a breakdown of cases across the state, the breakdown of hospitalizations across the state, the breakdown of deaths across the state, the breakdown by day of COVID-19 cases across the state beginning the day after DeSantis’ Phase Two announcement. Some of the day-today numbers are eye-popping :shock:

Ummmmmm, California started a mask mandate over two months ago on June 18th. Here's the two state stats since Florida reopened and California has had a two month mask mandate:

Figures for yesterday, Aug 31st:

California 6485 new cases and 82 deaths

Florida 1885 new cases and 64 deaths

No it isn't and it doesn't change the reality that it appears that people like you make decisions based upon what the President says or doesn't say. This is purely political for you as I know that isn't the case with you. Your state wasn't waiting for the President to tell you what to do with the pandemic as your governor has the bully pulpit when it comes to communicating with the citizens of NJ and he failed or maybe actual individuals failed by not doing what CDC said in March

How you continue to miss the point is pretty comical. That you think rhetoric from a president doesn't influence how people behave is even funnier.

We should have learned from NY failures. The first real epicenter in the US did not have the benefit of testing and treatment protocols. As an ICU RN, I cannot even fathom what it was like to be in a hospital with 180 percent capacity. On top of that, many of those people needing extensive use of critical care accouterments - many of them receiving such care in rooms not meant to be patient rooms and with care received by nurses that were trained in critical care on the fly. If folks cannot understand why a major metro area (greater that 20 million in NYC metro area) with extensive use of public transportation got hit hard and quickly....early in the pandemic and why they death tolls were so high? I am not sure what to say.

NY epicenter was at the true beginning of the learning curve for the US. Things should have been learned from there. Some has....like preparation of how to handle patients who were no longer acutely ill to be returned to nursing homes.

Other things should have been learned. We are all in this together. Our President should have gotten all the governors on board with this. Our governors should have gotten all the mayors on with this and so on. Top down leading by example would have gone a long way.

Over 6 months into the pandemic, why people cannot understand basic rules and why this virus is different and how their actions directly affect others? I do not what to say.

If people do not understand that their own behavior (and the failure of our leaders to lead by example) is why we are in this pathetic condition and why so many are in deep financial doodoo....I don't know what to say.

We did learn from New York. Thats partly why Florida has 1/3 the deaths of New York. AND still is able to remain mostly open.

AND AGAIN States like FLA, received info from the medical community in states like NY of how to handle these cases , what to do and what not to do
again the number of cases and deaths might not have been as high in the NE states IF they had an example of what to do and not have had to figure it by themselves
have a nice day

I agree. Thats partly why our numbers arent as high.

now lets see what Trump did

What did congress do? Or the states? Or the people? We have a federalist system. Power, responsibility, leadership is not invested in one person.

Did congress call in the CDC for a hearing and then pass laws directing them or the President to respond in a certain way, for example? They have the same oversight.

Oh here we go again, same old crap from you. Why is it that whenever I point to our rapidly declining rates of death and infection compared with yours rising everywhere, you run away? And I'm "clueless" about a one page document you purloined from our own Magna Carta, Bill of Rights and Constitution? Try again mate.

Has he told you your opinion doesn't matter because you're a "ferner" yet?
:)

Back
Top Bottom