• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida shows 947.9% increase in COVID-19 cases since governor reopened state

For the same reason you keep focused on infections, it shows that the real problem continues to reside in the states and not due to Federal issues. So you believe Blue states did a great job? That is like closing the barn door after the cows have escaped. Doesn't take a lot to excite people like you as your partisanship and lack of basic civics understanding undermines your credibility

You keep focused on infections and I will continue to counter with recoveries and death percentages. Florida is the third largest state in the country has has less than one half the deaths as NY, the fourth largest state. Doesn't seem to matter to you what data is presented as cult followers like you don't really care

SO AGAIN you don't seem to understand when NY and the states in the NE were in the mist of this all the DR's and medical people had NO idea of how to handle it or how to treat it, ( so there was a large number of deaths because of lack of knowing what to do )
and seeing it was these DR's in the NE states who figured out what to do and how to treat people with CV 19 and set the examples of what to do and what not to do , they put this info out to other states and in doing this helped the DR's in those states from having the number of deaths the did.
MAYBE if it was the other way around and this hit the south first those states would have had a lot more deaths then NY did because then NY would have had an example of what to do and how to keep the number of deaths down like the states in the south have
But again YOU can NOT give a single little bit of credit to any Blue states for anything that is good and helped other states all you can do is run them down
have a nice afternoon

Faster response by the states would definitely have made a difference so why did the states wait so long to respond? You keep blaming the President, look in the mirror for the real problem
Uh, one reason is due to the fact that states were required by FEDERAL LAW to use ONLY PCR tests issued by the CDC....which the CDC under Orangey, screwed up. They issued faulty tests, delaying early detection of the virus.....and early detection is THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IN CONTAINING A VIRUS.

SO AGAIN you don't seem to understand when NY and the states in the NE were in the mist of this all the DR's and medical people had NO idea of how to handle it or how to treat it, ( so there was a large number of deaths because of lack of knowing what to do )
and seeing it was these DR's in the NE states who figured out what to do and how to treat people with CV 19 and set the examples of what to do and what not to do , they put this info out to other states and in doing this helped the DR's in those states from having the number of deaths the did.
MAYBE if it was the other way around and this hit the south first those states would have had a lot more deaths then NY did because then NY would have had an example of what to do and how to keep the number of deaths down like the states in the south have
But again YOU can NOT give a single little bit of credit to any Blue states for anything that is good and helped other states all you can do is run them down
have a nice afternoon

The deaths in NY. NJ were mostly in April and May, what prevented your states from acting faster? You want to blame the President? Do you ever accept any blame for not handling personal responsibility issues?

why would I give blue states credit when they represent by far the largest numbers of deaths in the nation. these 6 Blue states account for over 85.5K of the deaths from Covid 19, over 46% of the deaths and still you don't get it. Guess once a liberal always a liberal living in a bubble that is oblivious to real life activities.

Cases deaths
California 693839 12834

New York 434100 25319

Illinois 231363 8008

New Jersey 191611 15953

Massachusetts 128030 9036

Pennsylvania 132834 7671

Michigan 111975 6745

Florida still has 60% less deaths than New York, even with more cases.
At our peak, after opening up, our daily deaths were 10% of New Yorks.
Even with staying opened up, our new daily cases have dropped by 75%.

For some reason Florida is a target when it should be an leading example of how to balance the virus and the economic and cultural damage being done.

The deaths in NY, NJ were mostly in April, not February and March but don't let reality ever get in the way of your hatred. You want political points to divert from Biden, don't blame you, the solution is quite clear vote every liberal politician out of office. Tell me when the last time these cities had a Republican mayor

Seattle
Portland
Chicago
Minneapolis
NYC
L.A.
Kenosha

Tell me the last time these states have a Republican Governor

Washington
Oregon
California
NY
Minnesota

Seems like Trump's "misinformation" is more of a concern to you than state reactions like failure to use the hospital ship in NYC or sending infected seniors back to their nursing homes. Lot easier for you to place blame vs. responsibility isn't it?
OH so before it was the total number of deaths , and now you are going to nit pick
and the deaths in NY started going up in MARCH not Apr.
• New York: COVID-19 deaths by day | Statista
and again as for the Nursing home thing
Please read up on what actually happened
again when Como did the Nursing home thing he had NO example of what to do and NO leadership out of DC MAYBE if he had he wouldn't have done it
and AGAIN COMO did take the blame ( FULL responsibility) for the Nursing home thing and the other mistakes made back then .

and where have I said ANYTHING about BIDEN?

I guess you are just trying to deflect everything away from Trump and on anybody you think it might stick to
Have a nice afternoon

By all means keep ignoring that reopening the state gives our immune system the opportunity to work

Yeah, that's how we got rid of smallpox.

:lol:

Uh, one reason is due to the fact that states were required by FEDERAL LAW to use ONLY PCR tests issued by the CDC....which the CDC under Orangey, screwed up. They issued faulty tests, delaying early detection of the virus.....and early detection is THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IN CONTAINING A VIRUS.

So we should say that "it will magically disappear, like a miracle" instead of preparing.

Faster response by the states would definitely have made a difference so why did the states wait so long to respond? You keep blaming the President, look in the mirror for the real problem

AGAIN back when this all started the States of the NE were getting conflicting info from DC and had NO example of what to do, Maybe IF they had they could have responded faster, and had less number of cases and deaths ( you know like the Red states did )
IF you think they did please show us where
again they had to figure out what to do and what not to do with very little help from DC
have a nice day

OH so before it was the total number of deaths , and now you are going to nit pick
and the deaths in NY started going up in MARCH not Apr.
• New York: COVID-19 deaths by day | Statista
and again as for the Nursing home thing
Please read up on what actually happened
again when Como did the Nursing home thing he had NO example of what to do and NO leadership out of DC MAYBE if he had he wouldn't have done it
and AGAIN COMO did take the blame ( FULL responsibility) for the Nursing home thing and the other mistakes made back then .

and where have I said ANYTHING about BIDEN?

I guess you are just trying to deflect everything away from Trump and on anybody you think it might stick to
Have a nice afternoon

What you are doing is excusing the very poor state response and blaming the federal response which would have been unconstitutional. Guess nothing ever changes the mind of a cult follower

AGAIN back when this all started the States of the NE were getting conflicting info from DC and had NO example of what to do, Maybe IF they had they could have responded faster, and had less number of cases and deaths ( you know like the Red states did )
IF you think they did please show us where
again they had to figure out what to do and what not to do with very little help from DC
have a nice day

Back in April we still had a Constitution and there was nothing that prevented your governor from responding which didn't happen. Your loyalty to your state is your problem and defies the reality that you are civics challenged. There is nothing in anything you post that is independent. Do you ever take personal responsibility for your own actions or do you ever blame a Democrat for poor performance? You keep ignoring reality, 6.1 million cases, 186,000 deaths and over 5.9 million recoveries.

For some reason Florida is a target when it should be an leading example of how to balance the virus and the economic and cultural damage being done.

AND AGAIN States like FLA, received info from the medical community in states like NY of how to handle these cases , what to do and what not to do
again the number of cases and deaths might not have been as high in the NE states IF they had an example of what to do and not have had to figure it by themselves
have a nice day

So we should say that "it will magically disappear, like a miracle" instead of preparing.
Well that, and make promises to meat packers in CO...and not follow-up, or make promises about a new fantastic Obamacare replacement....and not follow-up....or put a theologist in charge of the pandemic response, who used his faith guidance as a guv which resulted in the spread of HIV in his state....so I guess you can give them credit in being consistent.

What you are doing is excusing the very poor state response and blaming the federal response which would have been unconstitutional. Guess nothing ever changes the mind of a cult follower

SO please show us where the NE states had any examples of what to do and how to treat this when it started in the NE
There wasn't any IF there was I am sure the Governors of those states would have known what to do and reacted faster
BUT again there wasn't and YOU can not give them any credit for figuring out what todo
Have a nice day

Last edited:
Back in April we still had a Constitution and there was nothing that prevented your governor from responding which didn't happen. Your loyalty to your state is your problem and defies the reality that you are civics challenged. There is nothing in anything you post that is independent. Do you ever take personal responsibility for your own actions or do you ever blame a Democrat for poor performance? You keep ignoring reality, 6.1 million cases, 186,000 deaths and over 5.9 million recoveries.

and YOU keep ignoring the FACT that the states in the NE had NO example of what to do or how to handle this and the States in the south did and that may be why there were higher numbers of cases and deaths in the NE then in the south
Have a nice day

This is a world-wide pandemic not a Hurricane that just affects one or 2 States. Oh wait FEMA is a Federal agency that responds to hurricanes. How is that Constitutional? BTW What State does the CDC represent?

SO please show us where the NE states had any examples of what to do and how to treat this when it started in the NE
There wasn't any IF there was I am sure the Governors of those states would have known what to do and reacted faster
BUT again there wasn't and YOU can not give them any credit for figuring out what todo
Have a nice day

Please show me in the Constitution where it is the responsibility of the President for COVID 19 for social distancing, masks, and testing?

and YOU keep ignoring the FACT that the states in the NE had NO example of what to do or how to handle this and the States in the south did and that may be why there were higher numbers of cases and deaths in the NE then in the south
Have a nice day

I am ignoring nothing including the fact that you are trying to score political points where there are none to earn. You don't really care about the infections or deaths just poor numbers to blame Trump

And let's not forget that over a month ago Trump ordered hospital COVID data to be sent directly to the White House rather than to the CDC as was the practice.

If I was cynical, I would consider the possibility that the WH is massaging the US COVID numbers similar to the Russians.

I would not be surprised if Putin is the one directing our Federal Covid "response" or lack of it. Trump spends more time talking to Putin than to the CDC or Congress.

This is a world-wide pandemic not a Hurricane that just affects one or 2 States. Oh wait FEMA is a Federal agency that responds to hurricanes. How is that Constitutional? BTW What State does the CDC represent?

Yes it is and we are a Constitutional republic, show us where that is the President's responsibility in control over state and local policies?

Yes it is and we are a Constitutional republic, show us where that is the President's responsibility in control over state and local policies?

Yet FEMA comes rushing in to aid a State affected by a hurricane. How is that possible?

Florida shows 947.9% increase in COVID-19 cases since governor reopened state

0BGJH2_0P0hGVsH00

The article goes on to post a breakdown of cases across the state, the breakdown of hospitalizations across the state, the breakdown of deaths across the state, the breakdown by day of COVID-19 cases across the state beginning the day after DeSantis’ Phase Two announcement. Some of the day-today numbers are eye-popping :shock:

Florida has had their wave just like NY did.

2020-08-31.jpg

And let's not forget that over a month ago Trump ordered hospital COVID data to be sent directly to the White House rather than to the CDC as was the practice.

If I was cynical, I would consider the possibility that the WH is massaging the US COVID numbers similar to the Russians.
They are getting help at the state level too, right wingers like to point to CDC reports reviewing the H1N1 swine flu outbreak showing an estimated 12K deaths, whereas states only reported 3,800. You can bet that years from now, they will call much higher CDC re-evaluations (if they are allowed) "fake news".

We should have learned from NY failures. The first real epicenter in the US did not have the benefit of testing and treatment protocols. As an ICU RN, I cannot even fathom what it was like to be in a hospital with 180 percent capacity. On top of that, many of those people needing extensive use of critical care accouterments - many of them receiving such care in rooms not meant to be patient rooms and with care received by nurses that were trained in critical care on the fly. If folks cannot understand why a major metro area (greater that 20 million in NYC metro area) with extensive use of public transportation got hit hard and quickly....early in the pandemic and why they death tolls were so high? I am not sure what to say.

NY epicenter was at the true beginning of the learning curve for the US. Things should have been learned from there. Some has....like preparation of how to handle patients who were no longer acutely ill to be returned to nursing homes.

Other things should have been learned. We are all in this together. Our President should have gotten all the governors on board with this. Our governors should have gotten all the mayors on with this and so on. Top down leading by example would have gone a long way.

Over 6 months into the pandemic, why people cannot understand basic rules and why this virus is different and how their actions directly affect others? I do not what to say.

If people do not understand that their own behavior (and the failure of our leaders to lead by example) is why we are in this pathetic condition and why so many are in deep financial doodoo....I don't know what to say.

Back
Top Bottom