• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida shooting vs Oklahoma murder

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
In Florida a "white Hispanic" as the media labeled him killed a black kid and claimed self defense. The media was all over it 24-7 and the word "race" was brought up constantly. All we heard about was how this showed race relations in America was at an all time low and the Sharpton's and Jackson's came out of the wood work. Contrast that with three black young men that wantonly stalk and murder a white man. No mention of race whatsoever from the media now and they are barely reporting on this compared to the wall to wall coverage of poor little Trayvon. Nothing to really argue about with this, just sayin.

In Florida a "white Hispanic" as the media labeled him killed a black kid and claimed self defense. The media was all over it 24-7 and the word "race" was brought up constantly. All we heard about was how this showed race relations in America was at an all time low and the Sharpton's and Jackson's came out of the wood work. Contrast that with three black young men that wantonly stalk and murder a white man. No mention of race whatsoever from the media now and they are barely reporting on this compared to the wall to wall coverage of poor little Trayvon. Nothing to really argue about with this, just sayin.
Boredom knows no race. LOL

The three kids aren't all black. So stop your stupid bull**** outrage.

2 black kids, and 1 halfrican, then, lol.

you may be wrong on all counts.

2 black kids, and 1 halfrican, then, lol.

According to the latest reports, it was a black teen, a mixed teen and a white teen. The picture that Sawyer posted is a fake. And it took off because so many conservatives were chomping at the bit to complain about some evil black teenagers.

And lets step back down to reality here. The problem with the Zimmerman case from the very beginning is that he was never even charged with a crime after killing someone. They just took his word for it that it was self defense after he followed an innocent kid after being told not to and the kid ended up getting shot by him. In this case you have three teens who committed the crime, were caught by police and are going to be prosecuted ti the extent of the law. Trying to compare the two cases is ridiculous, not that I would expect any better from some people.

According to the latest reports, it was a black teen, a mixed teen and a white teen.

Which one looks like he could be Obama's son? Has Obama said yet?

I don't believe anything I've seen on this thread so far is accurate.

The picture doesn't look like the picture of the three young men I've seen in the media here.

To my knowledge, there were two black young men and one white or mixed race young man.

It's not possible, therefore, to claim this was necessarily racially motivated or a black on white crime, per se, because of the mix involved. Nor, considering the rationale provided for the shooting, can it be claimed they were looking for a particular race of person to shoot.

It's not possible, therefore, to claim this was necessarily racially motivated or a black on white crime, per se, because of the mix involved. Nor, considering the rationale provided for the shooting, can it be claimed they were looking for a particular race of person to shoot.

The same was true of Zimmerman/Martin, but that didn't stop the race pimps from making wild claims.

The same was true of Zimmerman/Martin, but that didn't stop the race pimps from making wild claims.

Well, there can be "race pimps" on both sides of the divide and it doesn't help anyone to ignore or avoid the truth in pursuit of an agenda.

Well, there can be "race pimps" on both sides of the divide and it doesn't help anyone to ignore or avoid the truth in pursuit of an agenda.

Amen to that.

According to the latest reports, it was a black teen, a mixed teen and a white teen. The picture that Sawyer posted is a fake. And it took off because so many conservatives were chomping at the bit to complain about some evil black teenagers.

And lets step back down to reality here. The problem with the Zimmerman case from the very beginning is that he was never even charged with a crime after killing someone. They just took his word for it that it was self defense after he followed an innocent kid after being told not to and the kid ended up getting shot by him. In this case you have three teens who committed the crime, were caught by police and are going to be prosecuted ti the extent of the law. Trying to compare the two cases is ridiculous, not that I would expect any better from some people.

For the record, here are the three Oklahoma suspects.

Oklahoma teens charged with murdering Australian college athlete because they were 'bored'

USA-CRIME_AUSTRALIA175136--525x215.jpg

As for the rest of your post, it's nonsense. Zimmerman wasn't charged because it was clear to the investigators that no crime was committed. Charges were brought in response to political pressure, but properly found invalid by the jury. And I'm not aware of any movement by anyone to find the Oklahoma case to be some sort of racial payback.:peace

Thank god. A breath of reality above a sea baited with lies, distortion and dishonesty. I commend you!

The question to ask here is .....are you now only outraged because the victim is white?
Would we have seen this thread if the victim was black?

Take a look in the mirror bud ...there ...that's what a bigot looks like!!

The question to ask here is .....are you now only outraged because the victim is white?

The OP was about media coverage of race, not about the races of the victims and perpetrators per se.:peace

The OP was about media coverage of race, not about the races of the victims and perpetrators per se.:peace

Not at all.... the OP posted a fake picture of the kids(most likely willfully) to make the discussion about the race of the victims and perpetrators.

That is pretty low if you ask me...

Diving MUllah

The outrage isn't over the crime, it's over the response to the crime.

Not at all.... the OP posted a fake picture of the kids(most likely willfully) to make the discussion about the race of the victims and perpetrators.

Diving MUllah

There's no evidence one way or the other whether the mistake was willful. Let's give a fellow poster the benefit of the doubt. There's been too much jumping to conclusions in all these discussions.:peace

Diving MUllah

Oh good grief!

The pic that was posted was from a respected Australian source that happened to get it wrong. It was also the pic that first made the rounds so it's quite a stretch to bring out the "willful" card.

I like how that mug shot triptych is value graded from dark to light, lol. Blackest, less black, least black.

There's no evidence one way or the other whether the mistake was willful. Let's give a fellow poster the benefit of the doubt. There's been too much jumping to conclusions in all these discussions.:peace

Ever see the greatest comedy ever made, a movie called "Office Space"? I wonder if thee is a gif out there of the "jump to conclusions" board?

Ever see the greatest comedy ever made, a movie called "Office Space"? I wonder if thee is a gif out there of the "jump to conclusions" board?

Greatest comedy ever made was Animal House.:rock:drink:beer::cheers:

Back
Top Bottom