• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Sheriff Bans Masks

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
In the wtf department today....

'This is no longer a debate’: Florida sheriff bans deputies, visitors from wearing masks

On Tuesday, as Florida set a daily record for covid-19 deaths, Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods prohibited his deputies from wearing masks at work. His order, which also applies to visitors to the sheriff’s office, carves out an exception for officers in some locations, including hospitals, and when dealing with people who are high-risk or suspected of having the novel coronavirus.

Woods is among the first law enforcement officials to outright ban masks for his deputies...

:shock:

Guess he isn't concerned about being reelected.

Florida.

giphy.gif

Sounds like an OSHA violation.

Jeez, the stupidity of folk.

Everything is so politicized these days. If the other side says it's good, it's bad. We should just say "Trumpists voting is avgreat idea" and they'll stay away in droves.

It ain't political dumbass, ask Hermann Cain.

Jeez, the stupidity of folk.
You forgot "on the left".
The Sheriff is correct in what he supposedly said.
In an email to the sheriff’s department shared with The Washington Post, Woods disputed the idea that masks are a consensus approach to battling the pandemic.

“We can debate and argue all day of why and why not. The fact is, the amount of professionals that give the reason why we should, I can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn’t,” Woods wrote in the email, which was first reported by the Ocala Star-Banner.

(s) Or maybe I should take an asinine far-left approach to this and say something idiotic like the following?
The racists are disagreeing with that brown man. (/s) :doh

Oh flori-duh how you disappoint me and yet at the same time do not surprise me.

Don't forget we have rubio and scott as senators beside our trump arse kissing desantis as governor. Throw in a few simpletons like this sheriff and you start to understand the south at its worst. We the people passed to allow felons after they serve their time to vote. Not good enough for our elected officials, they stepped in over the will of the people and put conditions on the ex cons as if doing their time in prison wasn't enough punishment.

Republicans don't govern, they rule, against the will of their state. When will these people ever learn?

You forgot "on the left".
The Sheriff is correct in what he supposedly said.

(s) Or maybe I should take an asinine far-left approach to this and say something idiotic like the following?
The racists are disagreeing with that brown man. (/s) :doh

Since you can find "equal " reasoning both ways, how about we try a radical concept called freedom? They are free to wear a mask or not. I know, who would think of such a thing. It's either everybody wears a mask possibly 2, or you don't wear a mask and actively cough on everybody?

Since you can find "equal " reasoning both ways, hiw sbout we try a radical concept called freedom? They are free to wear a mask or not. I know, who would think of such a thing. It's either everybody wears a mask possibly 2, or you don't wear a mask and actively cough on everybody?
The underlined is just exaggerated nonsense and an indication of where your thoughts lay.

Masks are only helpful in the slowing of transmission and (generally speaking) only if it is the correct type of mask.

The underlined is just exaggerated nonsense and an indication of where your thoughts lay.

Masks are only helpful in the slowing of transmission and (generally speaking) only if it is the correct type of mask.

So wearing two masks isn'tv an exaggeration? Funny how you only picked up on one of them. I wonder why.....wait, no i don't.

Is that your only contribution here?

So wearing two masks isn'tv an exaggeration? Funny how you only picked up on one of them. I wonder why.....wait, no i don't.

Is that your only contribution here?
Oy vey.
Why do you think I need to reply to both?

Only the right wing is not serious about the pandemic.

Can you blame us?

Most people who get it show NO, NADA , ZERO and ZIP symptoms at all

*sigh*

Oy vey.
Why do you think I need to reply to both?

How did you put it....shows where your thoughts lie.

I used exaggeration to criticize right and left. You only cared about one of them.

How did you put it....shows where your thoughts lie.

I used exaggeration to criticize right and left. You only cared about one of them.
Yes it does show were my thoughts were. With pointing out the idiocy or your exaggeration.
That did not require responding to both, yet for some reason you don't understand that.

False

Yes it does show were my thoughts were. With pointing out the idiocy or your exaggeration.
That did not require responding to both, yet for some reason you don't understand that.

Yeah....that's it :lamo

Back
Top Bottom