• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Senate passes bill to strip Disney's special self-governing status

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The entire state, esp. central FL, is going to suffer if Disney suffers economically. If you've ever been to the Orlando area, it basically revolves around Disney and the tourism industry. DIsney is the crown jewel of that and employs huge numbers of people. So do all the other thousands of tourist attractions. AND all the motels, hotels, fast food joints, restaurants, souvenir shops, etc.

But Disney is what gets them to central FL.

DeSantis is stupid, short-sighted, and petty.

The entire state, esp. central FL, is going to suffer if Disney suffers economically. If you've ever been to the Orlando area, it basically revolves around Disney and the tourism industry. DIsney is the crown jewel of that and employs huge numbers of people. So do all the other thousands of tourist attractions. AND all the motels, hotels, fast food joints, restaurants, souvenir shops, etc.

Will this bill prevent Disney from making money?

Did I write that? Or is everything so black and white to you that that's what you understood?

Maybe you even need help understanding the concepts of "less and more?" That might be your starting point.

Did I write that? Or is everything so black and white to you that that's what you understood?

Maybe you even need help understanding the concepts of "less and more?" That might be your starting point.
If they are not prevented from making money, how will they suffer economically?

That didn’t take long! The FL House now gets the bill.

Vindictive Bastages!

At the sake of being somewhat civil I will not say what I think of Republicans in all elected offices everywhere!

Use your imagination, for what the expletives might be, then double it!

Republicans are for tax breaks/etc for companies until they aren't.

But at least DeSantis is making lots of friends.

Why? You think Disney is going to up and move Disney World and Epcot out of the Orlando area?

I wish the CEO of Disney would tell them: "Bring it on. We were thinking of moving to Georgia anyway"
DeSantis calling his bluff: "Go for it Mickey"

Probably not. In fact it might offload $2 billion in debt onto Florida taxpayers.

If they are not prevented from making money, how will they suffer economically?
Good question. I mean, if I tax your wages at 99%, you're "not prevented from making money," so how could a 99% tax rate cause you to suffer economically. Deep thoughts required on this one. 🥴

Come on Mickey. POUR $$$$$$$$$ into Democrats campaigns!!!!

Why? You think Disney is going to up and move Disney World and Epcot out of the Orlando area?

Your response is about as limited as Mycroft's. Wow.

Here's a hint, altho it was spelled out in post 2: it's about employment. "Do the math."

Your response is about as limited as Mycroft's. Wow.

Here's a hint, altho it was spelled out in post 2: it's about employment. "Do the math."
We've done the math. FL clawing back governance of the development won't change the number of visitors to Orlando or change the number of people employed in industry. Not one bit.

You know what will? Other states and LGBTQXYZ+ groups organizing boycotts to Disney World and the state of Florida.

Probably not. In fact it might offload $2 billion in debt onto Florida taxpayers.

Good question. I mean, if I tax your wages at 99%, you're "not prevented from making money," so how could a 99% tax rate cause you to suffer economically. Deep thoughts required on this one. 🥴
Will they get taxed at 99%?

We've done the math. FL clawing back governance of the development won't change the number of visitors to Orlando or change the number of people employed in industry. Not one bit.

Oh ok. Sources please.

LOL why do you think that 'status' is valuable to begin with? :rolleyes:

You know what will? Other states and LGBTQXYZ+ groups organizing boycotts to Disney World and the state of Florida.

Maybe 🤷

Back
Top Bottom