• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida scientist says she was fired for refusing to change Covid-19 data 'to support reopen plan'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Florida scientist says she was fired for refusing to change Covid-19 data 'to support reopen plan' | US news | The Guardian

Dr Rebekah Jones says she was fired from Department of Health by the governor after protesting order to censor information

The scientist in charge of Florida’s Covid-19 database was fired on the same day as the state opened up for business.

As sunbathers returned to beaches, and restaurants, movie theaters, gyms and hair salons in almost every county were permitted to open their doors on Monday, the Governor Ron DeSantis’s administration fired Dr Rebekah Jones from the Florida department of health.

Jones, the architect and manager of the online dashboard held up by the White House in April as a model of transparency and integrity, said she was sidelined after protesting orders to censor some of the information it contained. And on Tuesday she claimed she was fired for refusing to “manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen”.
==========================================================
Business & pleasing Trump first, integrity last.

More Red state Republican playing follow the leader by example, quashing the informing of the public with those nasty, rude facts that make for a dangerously educated public making decisions based on valid, necessary information they have a right to know. Goebbels would be proud. Gov DeSantis, Herr Minister of Propaganda.

Having read about this in the three other threads on the topic, I think she looks like a conspiracy theory nutter, and can see why she was canned.

Another progressive conspiracy theory. :roll:

I mean we always knew this was a lie.

The Left simply lies, they believe that their political opposition are literal fascists and they have no moral scruples of their own. Why wouldn’t they?

She was hinky from the beginning. What she was saying seemed more personal than professional or even political.

Having read about this in the three other threads on the topic, I think she looks like a conspiracy theory nutter, and can see why she was canned.
I don't often toot my own horn, but I kinda nailed this over 2 years ago. Nice.

I don't often toot my own horn, but I kinda nailed this over 2 years ago. Nice.

I couldn't find evidence of what she claimed by my own research. It felt kinda wierd defending FL. Still, FL was not revealing info as they should have been doing.

The Left simply lies, they believe that their political opposition are literal fascists and they have no moral scruples of their own. Why wouldn’t they?
"The left simply lies"? You had four miserably interminable years of Trump, your president, lying to you on a daily basis, and accusing his political opponents of all manner of fanciful, invented and preposterous misdeeds. Think on; 'people in glass houses, etc...'

Last edited:

Every accusation you levy is a thinly disguised admission. Personally i’d love for you guys to secede. This time ill help you pack your bags.

And what if she said is true, and why would you assume otherwise?
Turns out I was right; she was a conspiracy nutter.

So no what if needed, any more.

Florida scientist says she was fired for refusing to change Covid-19 data 'to support reopen plan' | US news | The Guardian

Dr Rebekah Jones says she was fired from Department of Health by the governor after protesting order to censor information

The scientist in charge of Florida’s Covid-19 database was fired on the same day as the state opened up for business.

As sunbathers returned to beaches, and restaurants, movie theaters, gyms and hair salons in almost every county were permitted to open their doors on Monday, the Governor Ron DeSantis’s administration fired Dr Rebekah Jones from the Florida department of health.

Jones, the architect and manager of the online dashboard held up by the White House in April as a model of transparency and integrity, said she was sidelined after protesting orders to censor some of the information it contained. And on Tuesday she claimed she was fired for refusing to “manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen”.
Good old Florida...

Certainly looks like the lady who was fired had some justification for what she has been saying

Please note the following article is from FOX NEWS!

Florida's health department undercounted COVID-19 cases, deaths, due to technical issues: state audit

Shiv Sudhakar
Tue, June 7, 2022, 6:01 PM

The number of COVID-19 cases and deaths reported in Florida from March 1, 2020, to Oct. 9, 2020, by the Department of Health were underreported because of data collection problems, according to the state’s auditor general report published on June 1.
The report comes after this past March when a Florida Department of Health Office (FDOH) of Inspector General investigation found "insufficient evidence" or no evidence to support self-proclaimed whistleblower Rebekah Jones' claims that she was asked to falsify COVID-19 data on the state’s dashboard, according to Office of Inspector General Investigative Report. Her claim she was directed to restrict access to underlying data was also found to be false, according to that report.

"To evaluate the State’s readiness to provide essential information needed to respond to the global pandemic, this operational audit focused on COVID-19 data collection and reporting processes at the Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency), Department of Health (Department), and Division of Emergency Management (Division) during the period March 1, 2020, through October 9, 2020," the state’s auditor general report said.

"As subsequently described, the number of entities reporting data, apparent inaccurate or incomplete data reported to the State by those entities, and the lack of effective access controls in the systems used to gather data, impacted the State’s ability to accurately report COVID-19 data at the beginning of the pandemic."

Good old Florida...
Independent investigator found that she was crazy Florida woman to a tee. Something in the water down there maybe.

Certainly looks like the lady who was fired had some justification for what she has been saying

Please note the following article is from FOX NEWS!

Cnn disputes FOX.

Your FOX news is propaganda dude...

Independent investigator found that she was crazy Florida woman to a tee. Something in the water down there maybe.
That is good to know... but of course it still happened in Florida. LOL

That is good to know... but of course it still happened in Florida. LOL
Yeah. She was kicked off Twitter for spouting crazy stuff. She's that level. And not even native to the state.

Yeah. She was kicked off Twitter for spouting crazy stuff. She's that level. And not even native to the state.
Florida can't afford to import any crazy... they are already over the edge.

They sure can attract'm. The vast majority of "Floridians" are not native to the state. As pop increased, over time, so did the % of Rep/cons.

Nice sweeping generalization and ad hom combo.

Back
Top Bottom