• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Rep: Rubio will run for reelection in 2016

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
He's probably getting pressured to do so by people who want to keep the seat for the GOP. I just don't know if he does that after losing to Trump so badly in the state a few months ago.

Florida Republican Representative David Jolly said Friday morning on CNN’s New Day that Florida Republican Senator Marco Rubio had told him he would run for reelection in 2016...

Rubio originally planned to leave the Senate and join the private sector following his loss in the 2o16 presidential election. But Politico reports he was shocked when his friend and designated heir Carlos Lopez-Cantera told him after the Orlando shooting that he should run instead.

He's probably getting pressured to do so by people who want to keep the seat for the GOP. I just don't know if he does that after losing to Trump so badly in the state a few months ago.

He hasn't been doing his job for the last year and had promised not to seek re-election. Rubio is history and I won't miss him. Florida does not need another hack politician, we are overrun with them.

Excellent. I was hoping he would do this.

Don't blame me for Trump. I voted for this guy.

Don't get your hopes up. He pretty well burned that bridge last year. His opponents will have plenty of ammo. Not to mention that he got creamed by Trump in the Florida Primary.

Marco Rubio is a U.S. senator. And he just can’t stand it anymore.

“I don’t know that ‘hate’ is the right word,” Rubio said in an interview. “I’m frustrated.”

This year, as Rubio runs for president, he has cast the Senate — the very place that cemented him as a national politician — as a place he’s given up on, after less than one term. It’s too slow. Too rule-bound. So Rubio, 44, has decided not to run for his seat again. It’s the White House or bust.

“That’s why I’m missing votes. Because I am leaving the Senate. I am not running for reelection,” Rubio said in the last Republican debate, after Donald Trump had mocked him for his unusual number of absences during Senate votes.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2015/10/25/28cfaff0-6d59-11e5-9bfe-e59f5e244f92_story.html

Don't get your hopes up. He pretty well burned that bridge last year. His opponents will have plenty of ammo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2015/10/25/28cfaff0-6d59-11e5-9bfe-e59f5e244f92_story.html

I know his chances aren't good. Running for POTUS when he did wasn't a wise move. I'm just glad to see him keeping his (little) hands in the political pot, especially because after Trump, the GOP will hopefully be looking towards someone who isn't a total cluster****.

I wish he hadnt gone to such length to say he wasn't :-/

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

He's damaged goods. Whomever runs against him will just have to pull out the "Rubio Robot" card, and he'll fold like a Costco lawn chair.

Back
Top Bottom