• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida recounts begin as tensions escalate across state

There weren't as many votes on Tuesday. Senate could now be 53-47 after recount. No HUGE win there... I mean you're not even trying at this point.

Republicans expected a blue wave, which is what they got. Democrats flipped more House seats blue than at any other time since Watergate, and that was with the huge Republican gerrymanders in place. However, the Republican strategy was to concede the House, and boost their totals in the Senate, to try and create a firewall for future elections, because Republican seats in blue seats will be the ones up for grabs in 2020 and 2022. I can't speak for 2022, but their strategy may have been successful, and they may retain the Senate majority in 2020. One Democratic seat will flip for sure to the GOP, and that's the one in Alabama. So Republicans have already picked up a Senate seat before campaigning even starts (unless they push Roy Moore or his equivalent again).

Republicans expected a blue wave, which is what they got. Democrats flipped more House seats blue than at any other time since Watergate. However, the Republican strategy was to concede the House, and boost their totals in the Senate, to try and create a firewall for future elections, because Republican seats in blue seats will be the ones up for grabs in 2020 and 2022. I can't speak for 2022, but their strategy may have been successful, and they may retain the Senate majority in 2020. One Democratic seat will flip for sure to the GOP, and that's the one in Alabama. So Republicans have already picked up a Senate seat before campaigning even starts (unless they push Roy Moore or his equivalent again).
I've heard/read suggestions form some progressives that populist progressives should be able to win in the most republican districts.
I wonder if, with enough support and people campaigning/canvasing/calling, that is possible in Alabama.

Be interesting to find out, although the effort involved makes it unlikely.

Republicans expected a blue wave, which is what they got. Democrats flipped more House seats blue than at any other time since Watergate, and that was with the huge Republican gerrymanders in place. However, the Republican strategy was to concede the House, and boost their totals in the Senate, to try and create a firewall for future elections, because Republican seats in blue seats will be the ones up for grabs in 2020 and 2022. I can't speak for 2022, but their strategy may have been successful, and they may retain the Senate majority in 2020. One Democratic seat will flip for sure to the GOP, and that's the one in Alabama. So Republicans have already picked up a Senate seat before campaigning even starts (unless they push Roy Moore or his equivalent again).

Has Doug jones offended Alabama voters in any way that makes him vulnerable?

Oh wait, he is a liberal democrat holding a senate seat in what is supposed to be conservative Alabama. I answered my own question

Has Doug jones offended Alabama voters in any way that makes him vulnerable?

Oh wait, he is a liberal democrat holding a senate seat in what is supposed to be conservative Alabama. I answered my own question

You did answer your own question. Doug Jones is not that much of a liberal, though, and is definitely right of center. Still, he will lose because the people of Alabama are not educated enough to know that.

You did answer your own question. Doug Jones is not that much of a liberal, though, and is definitely right of center. Still, he will lose because the people of Alabama are not educated enough to know that.

Are the people of Alabama less educated than the people of West Virginia? Or was your post just an 'uneducated' slur

Back
Top Bottom