• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida pastor calls off burning of Qurans

MSNBC gets the credit for cherry picking...

Eyeblast.tv

However, you don't address the hypocrisy part.... Wonder why? :lol:

So you post Pat Robertson (A total right-wing nut) talking about shutting him down, to bolster your point that liberals want to shut him down?
The Guy from MSNBC was basically saying that the government SHOULDN'T go and shut him down.....

So how exactly does this link support your argument in any way that liberals/progressives are seeking to curtail this nutjobs first amendment rights and the so called hypocrisy that you cry?

So you post Pat Robertson (A total right-wing nut) talking about shutting him down, to bolster your point that liberals want to shut him down?
The Guy from MSNBC was basically saying that the government SHOULDN'T go and shut him down.....

So how exactly does this link support your argument in any way that liberals/progressives are seeking to curtail this nutjobs first amendment rights and the so called hypocrisy that you cry?

Isn't that what progressives do?

What you're not getting is that Pastor Mustache and his pyro squad becomes a symbol for firing up their fringe.

They would have found something else had your Pastor Pyro not made his stand. Remember, for example, how the savages of teh Muslim world erupted over Gillian Gibbons' teddy bear for example?!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641294455

Thousands of Islamic fanatics wielding knives demand jailed teddy bear teacher is executed | Mail Online

......purge our country of Islam.

Now there's an idea for a last-ditch threat when things get even worse a few years down the line.

Gang shoot-outs and Islamic rioting here????

No, here in Europe. It's not been so bad recently, but psychotic Islamics have set many towns and cities of Europe ablaze, including Paris (more than once), Athens and Antwerp. England has also seen many scuffles, for example in Oldham.

Belgium: Muslim riots, Jewish neighborhood sealed - Jihad Watch

France stunned by rioters’ savagery - Times Online

What you're not getting is that Pastor Mustache and his pyro squad becomes a symbol for firing up their fringe.

They would have found something else had your Pastor Pyro not made his stand. Remember, for example, how the savages of the Muslim world erupted over Gillian Gibbons' teddy bear for example?!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641294455

Thousands of Islamic fanatics wielding knives demand jailed teddy bear teacher is executed | Mail Online

......purge our country of Islam.

Now there's an idea for a last-ditch threat when things get even worse a few years down the line.

No, here in Europe. It's not been so bad recently, but psychotic Islamics have set many towns and cities of Europe ablaze, including Paris (more than once), Athens and Antwerp. England has also seen many scuffles, for example in Oldham.

Got an example or just an ad hom?

I'm just pushing your button. But like this situation, do you believe the Constitution is carved in stone? Do you believe the burning of Qurans or any holy book of any kind is equivalent to yelling Fire! in a theater? Should our amendment rights have 'some exceptions'? Some people based on their ethical standards, believe there should be. Do you think being 'progressive' fits that viewpoint? Or do you just believe that it is just a personal moral standard? People are split on how they view progressives. I want to know your view.

The Islamo-looney tunes would have found something to launch into psychotic violence about - they always do.

Remember, for example, the debacle over Gillian Gibbons' teddy bear?!

Mohammed teddy bear teacher, Gillian Gibbons, is spared lash but gets 15 days in jail - Times Online

Like many Liberals, she reckoned on this fantasy image of a benign and open-minded Religion of Peace. Instead she faced the full force of its savagery.

GETTIN' ON DOWN TO SOUTH PARK AND MEET SOME FRIENDS OF MINE!

http://perezhilton.com/2010-04-20-radical-islamic-website-threatens-south-park-creators

.....purge our country of Islam.

Mmmmm! Something to at least threaten when things get even worse down the line. Leave the Muslims alone but ditch the Religion of Hate as an officially recognised death cult.

maybe with that sanction hanging over them, the so-called moderates will get off their backsides and flush the extremists out and off to jail. Indeed, they're quick to bitch over everything else, like the West is some huge hotel at their service.

In England and Europe. Barbaric Muslims have regularly set Europe ablaze in their deranged supremacist fury. We only have to think of Paris (THREE times!), Antwerp or Athens for example.

Last edited:
And who are you? Somebody who holds more weight on opinions than General Patreaus or plenty of military members across the branches?

What has, the General done to make us think that?

I don't know the guy, I've read a lot by and about him and I've read Kilcullen, but I don't see brilliance. What has he done?

Competent, yes and another thing, he did not invent COIN and he did not write the book.

How dare you? You are talking to a Master Sgt. who has been there.

I'm not here for you or many others nor do, we need a "dude" telling us how we need to post. Use the ****in' breadcrumbs to wipe the sand out and put some vagisil in it. This is a discussion board, not a menu for your whiny ass to pick from.

I'm not here for you or many others nor do, we need a "dude" telling us how we need to post. Use the ****in' breadcrumbs to wipe the sand out and put some vagisil in it. This is a discussion board, not a menu for your whiny ass to pick from.

What are you talking about? Dana was just sticking up for some one who was getting called out for not being a real Marine.

Counterinsurgency Warfare: Theory and Practice - David Galula, 1963

For those of you that like to read ahead in the playbook.

American! And proud of it! You?

So all Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Air Force think exactly the same as you? No said they had more knowledge than General Petreaus, that is a strawman argument.

More than I would like due to them starting this war.

Such as whom? Or is this like an Obama argument, just throw out a high percentage without naming any?

And mine around the cowardice of appeasement.

And they force compliance through threat.

Those 'backwoods ignorant Christian hicks' as you so kindly put it, are the Mom's, Dad's, brothers, sisters, friends, Husband's and Wives of those serving with you, and their right to burn the book should be what you are defending just as much as you are defending the Islamic world here. Your disdain for your fellow countrymen speaks volumes Sarge.

And what will be the silly excuse they use next week?

Yes.

That is a disgusting statement about people over there trying to do no more than help.

Maybe you are in the wrong business if you are that scared.

The Pastor is not a military chaplain as far as I know, so your observation means little.

And when is it that you see disrespect to the wider core of our relations? Hmmmm? Building a Mosque of Conquest, then issuing a threat when confronted in an interview? Does that get your Marine hackles up?

Do you believe in God?

Really? You're offensive, and I would ask you to state why you would say such an untrue, inflammatory thing?

So your sympathy's lay with Islam do they?

it is Muslims that waged war with the US in the name of Islam.

pathetic, and unearned rights? You are a poser. NOT ONE MARINE I KNOW would EVER show such disdain for the constitution as you do. So you have outed yourself, and just another internet wannabe.

Nonsense, "Your kind" will pop open another bag of popcorn, and flip in a good war movie, and fantasize about being that which you can never be. A Marine.

j-mac

Moderator's Warning:
The two of you will cease the personal attacks or you will be removed from the thread... at the very least.

How dare you? You are talking to a Master Sgt. who has been there. I have my differences with him too, from time to time, but I will never denigrate his service to our country. He IS a Marine and a damn good one too. You should be ashamed of yourself. How ****ing dare you?

Msgt - Thank you for your service.

How dare me? how dare you. I served in the military, thankfully before any of this war with Muslim terror happened, but never the less, I stand by what I said. Here, I'll repeat it for you and for any who may be reading my words, and I'll re word it slightly.

I don't know MSgt personally, and for some of the things he posts, I agree with, some I don't. But as I said, No actual Marine that I know, or have ever met in my lifetime, (And I have met alot of them) would EVER speak with such contempt of their own country, or countrymen. It's not some wishy washy, grey area, nuanced thing with Marines. And they don't bow to Islam because they think that some will step up attacks against the US, US civilians, or themselves. They certainly would not talk of rights, as "pathetic", or "unearned"..... See they understand what inalienable means, as in the very definition of the word "Not to be separated, given away, or taken away"....As the Bill of Rights says, "Granted by our Creator"! Not earned as the so called MSgt writes. A true marine would know that the Marine Creed of Corps, God, and Country are what a Marine cares about. Notice God in that, not Allah. Take a gander at what each and every Marine vows to as an oath upon entering to become a Marine...Oath - Marine Corps Read it! Tell me in that where it says that we shouldn't anger, or appease our enemies, because I'd sure like to see that one.

I don't denigrate anyone's service to their country, and stand proud of our military, so much so that I served for 6 years. Did you ever don the uniform Dana? Ever spend even one iota of a second in the field next to an M16? I don't think so, you can't even be honest about your affiliation on some political message board, what would lead anyone to believe that you have the integrity to be a US service member?

As I said I don't know MSgt personally, and am making my evaluation based on his words in the post I felt I needed to post to, if he indeed is no poser then at the very least he is in serious need of a re evaluation of Corps principles and honor.

As I said Dana, I can't imagine any true Marine talking as he did in that post of his dripping with appeasement to the enemy, and outright disdain for the American people, and the Constitution he is sworn to defend. That is just the bottom line. You don't like it? Pfft, so what. When you find your own integrity you can come question mine, until then I have said my peace.

j-mac

PS note: I am not attacking anyone, nor am I doing anything other than questioning the words that I believe are antithetical to what any particular poster represents themselves as. If a mod feels that I need be banned from a thread because of it, so be it, but my words are not a personal attack on anyone, I don't know anyone to personally attack them. But what they say in here should be read and questioned with critical thinking, that often leads to offense being taken. it just is.

Last edited:
How dare me? how dare you. I served in the military, thankfully before any of this war with Muslim terror happened, but never the less, I stand by what I said. Here, I'll repeat it for you and for any who may be reading my words, and I'll re word it slightly.

I don't know MSgt personally, and for some of the things he posts, I agree with, some I don't. But as I said, No actual Marine that I know, or have ever met in my lifetime, (And I have met alot of them) would EVER speak with such contempt of their own country, or countrymen. It's not some wishy washy, grey area, nuanced thing with Marines. And they don't bow to Islam because they think that some will step up attacks against the US, US civilians, or themselves. They certainly would not talk of rights, as "pathetic", or "unearned"..... See they understand what inalienable means, as in the very definition of the word "Not to be separated, given away, or taken away"....As the Bill of Rights says, "Granted by our Creator"! Not earned as the so called MSgt writes. A true marine would know that the Marine Creed of Corps, God, and Country are what a Marine cares about. Notice God in that, not Allah. Take a gander at what each and every Marine vows to as an oath upon entering to become a Marine...Oath - Marine Corps Read it! Tell me in that where it says that we shouldn't anger, or appease our enemies, because I'd sure like to see that one.

I don't denigrate anyone's service to their country, and stand proud of our military, so much so that I served for 6 years. Did you ever don the uniform Dana? Ever spend even one iota of a second in the field next to an M16? I don't think so, you can't even be honest about your affiliation on some political message board, what would lead anyone to believe that you have the integrity to be a US service member?

As I said I don't know MSgt personally, and am making my evaluation based on his words in the post I felt I needed to post to, if he indeed is no poser then at the very least he is in serious need of a re evaluation of Corps principles and honor.

As I said Dana, I can't imagine any true Marine talking as he did in that post of his dripping with appeasement to the enemy, and outright disdain for the American people, and the Constitution he is sworn to defend. That is just the bottom line. You don't like it? Pfft, so what. When you find your own integrity you can come question mine, until then I have said my peace.

j-mac

PS note: I am not attacking anyone, nor am I doing anything other than questioning the words that I believe are antithetical to what any particular poster represents themselves as. If a mod feels that I need be banned from a thread because of it, so be it, but my words are not a personal attack on anyone, I don't know anyone to personally attack them. But what they say in here should be read and questioned with critical thinking, that often leads to offense being taken. it just is.

Nah, you are a fake.

How did YOU like that. I bet you didn't. And by the way, I just said that to make a point. Thank you for your service.

And no, I never had the privilege of serving. They wouldn't let me in. I had a skull fracture from a car accident. I still have a small dent in the back of my head from it. It was fully healed by the time I tried to join, but they wouldn't take me. I always thought the Army took EVERYBODY. I ended up 4-F.

I am the only member of my family who hasn't served, though. One of my brothers was a First Sgt. in the Gulf War.

Last edited:
I thought this Bill Hicks quote was pertinent...

"..you never see my attitude in the press, that's what bugs me. You never see my point of view. For instance, gays in the military. Now, I dunno how y'all feel about it... here's how I feel about it: Anyone dumb enough to want to be in the military should be allowed in. End of ****ing story. That should be the only requirement. I don't care how many push ups you can do, put on a helmet, go wait in that foxhole we'll tell you when we need you to kill somebody. You know i'm sick of hearing military guys saying "The esprit de corps will be affected, and we are such a moral..." Excuse me, aren't y'all hired ****ing killers? Shut up! You are thugs and when we need you to go blow the **** outta a nation of little brown people we'll let you know. Until then... Where do the ****ing military get all these morals? "We are the military; is that a village of children and kids? Where's the napalm? (explosion) I don't want any gay people hanging around me when I'm killing women and kids. I just dont wanna see it."

Nah, you are a fake.

How did YOU like that. I bet you didn't.

I don't take it one way or the other, I know that on the internet all you have is my say so, typed in faceless words, but I believe that you can take the collection of what I say and make a determination as to whether or not it is likely that I am telling the truth of my service. If not I would be more than happy to forward a copy of my DD214 to you privately if I have to. But one thing is for sure, I wouldn't show the disdain that angered me into posting my post if I were still in, heck, I don't think I have that type of view of the American people now.

I just said that to make a point. Thank you for your service.

thank you, and I see your point, but 1) My service was in peace time thankfully, I have profound respect for those that have seen combat. 2) My anger is directed at a possible Marine that may either have been in too long as to become cynical, and lost his way concerning what a Marine stands for, or that the words so not match what every other Marine I know, (Including my nephew who served in the triangle of death in Iraq) would EVER say about his mission, his creed, his enemy that it makes me wonder.

And no, I never had the privilege of serving. They wouldn't let me in. I had a skull fracture from a car accident. I still have a small dent in the back of my head from it. It was fully healed by the time I tried to join, but they wouldn't take me. I always thought the Army took EVERYBODY. I ended up 4-F.

I see. Sorry to hear, sounds like you wanted to get in.

I am the only member of my family who hasn't served, though. One of my brothers was a First Sgt. in the Gulf War.

Ok then, your family sounds like they have an honorable history of serving their country, I salute them for it. But do me a favor and call those members of your family that served and just ask them if they believe that those American's that oppose the Mosque at GZ, or support at least the idea of the Pastor's rights are "Backwoods ignorant Christian hicks" or if those exercising their first amendment rights are "pathetic" and exercising "unearned rights"? My guess is that they would not agree with that type of disdain toward fellow American's than I did.

Anyway, I made my point on this part it.

j-mac

I'm just pushing your button. But like this situation, do you believe the Constitution is carved in stone? Do you believe the burning of Qurans or any holy book of any kind is equivalent to yelling Fire! in a theater? Should our amendment rights have 'some exceptions'? Some people based on their ethical standards, believe there should be. Do you think being 'progressive' fits that viewpoint? Or do you just believe that it is just a personal moral standard? People are split on how they view progressives. I want to know your view.

I don't believe that the Constitution is carved in stone. There are many situations and changes that the founders could not have even contemplated when the Constitution was written. We have to be able to adjust with the changes in technology and the changing world.

No...I don't believe that burning the koran is equivalent to yelling fire in a crowded theater. As most progressives/liberals have said, let the guy burn his books....why are we giving him a platform?

As for Amendement rights, there are ALREADY and ALWAYS some exceptions. The Constitution does not require that everyone and everything be treated exactly the same. It only requires that if the state is going to engage in discriminatory and/or differential treatment it has to put forth either a compelling/important/legitimate state interest to justify it (depending on the right/group involved)

I don't believe that the Constitution is carved in stone. There are many situations and changes that the founders could not have even contemplated when the Constitution was written. We have to be able to adjust with the changes in technology and the changing world.

They were smart enough to put provisions to do that in the Constitution.

No...I don't believe that burning the koran is equivalent to yelling fire in a crowded theater. As most progressives/liberals have said, let the guy burn his books....why are we giving him a platform?

Agreed, ask the President.

As for Amendement rights, there are ALREADY and ALWAYS some exceptions. The Constitution does not require that everyone and everything be treated exactly the same. It only requires that if the state is going to engage in discriminatory and/or differential treatment it has to put forth either a compelling/important/legitimate state interest to justify it (depending on the right/group involved)

Only if you believe that the Federal Government allows the States to exist, and not the States granting certain power to the Federal Government as was written. I would have to say your thought here sounds exactly, and 180 degrees backwards.

j-mac

I also don't know MSgt personally, but... I've found that often, if you want something to stop, it helps not to bring it up...

For some reason, it has become the norm to claim the USMC has some kind of extraordinary expertise - not the case. The Marine Corps has no unique knowledge on FID and COIN ops.

I believe, the original mission of the SEALs was indeed COIN

Just when you thought our country had moved beyond the fear and ignorance of the 1950's-1960's... This guy shows up with a rolodex of 'MuslimFact':roll: - because the best way to learn about Islam is from a non-muslim full of fear and hate and looking to misconstrue every aspect of the their faith, smearing and twisting their beliefs into a the monster he wants it to be...

Sir, yours are the paranoid ramblings dragging this country backwards and into the gutter of bigotry.
Sound like you all of the time.

How dare me? how dare you. I served in the military, thankfully before any of this war with Muslim terror happened.....

Exactly. You simply do not know today's enemy. I have no idea what enemy you faced or if you even ever faced one (aside from the threat of Soviet invasion?), but you have today's enemy wrong. Our greatest ally inside Iraq was the Iraqi. Our greatest supporter in Afghanistan has to be the Afghani. Across the Middle East, our greatest supporter is the modernist Muslim too scared to surrender his life to the radical or extremist waiting for him to speak out.

Burning Qu'rans, while being a source of great pathetic pride for some, is plain stupid and does our troops and our mission across the region no favors. Our core enemy remains terrorists within Islam....not Islam.

I don't denigrate anyone's service to their country, and stand proud of our military, so much so that I served for 6 years.

I have 18 and counting, most of which has been spent against this Muslim terror. Perhaps my real world experience on two separate continents and a span of two decades gives me the right to make judgement on some of the complete fools I defend?

You seem to be at odds with the nation. Even President Bush was careful not to declare all of Islam the enemy. Don't tell me he was smarter than you?

It's called education. We tend to think in today's military due to our enemy not being a faceless red ideology. We don't have it as easy as simply declaring "Communist bad." I don't take offense to the things you state, though the Marine in me envisions sticking a palm tree straight up your ignorant ass. I understand that some Americans need things to be simple to understand them. That's why others try to think for them. Until this nation determines that all Muslims are to be burnt in ovens or slaughtered whole sale my enemy remains a distinct few and a wrecked civilization in the Middle East.

I don't need my Corps Principles to have a very valid opinion on how stupid some Americans are. And thankyou for providing the example.

Exactly. You simply do not know today's enemy. I have no idea what enemy you faced or if you even ever faced one (aside from the threat of Soviet invasion?), but you have today's enemy wrong. Our greatest ally inside Iraq was the Iraqi. Our greatest supporter in Afghanistan has to be the Afghani. Across the Middle East, our greatest supporter is the modernist Muslim too scared to surrender his life to the radical or extremist waiting for him to speak out.

Burning Qu'rans, while being a source of great pathetic pride for some, is plain stupid and does our troops and our mission across the region no favors. Our core enemy remains terrorists within Islam....not Islam.

I have 18 and counting, most of which has been spent against this Muslim terror. Perhaps my real world experience on two separate continents and a span of two decades gives me the right to make judgement on some of the complete fools I defend?

You seem to be at odds with the nation. Even President Bush was careful not to declare all of Islam the enemy. Don't tell me he was smarter than you?

It's called education. We tend to think in today's military due to our enemy not being a faceless red ideology. We don't have it as easy as simply declaring "Communist bad." I don't take offense to the things you state, though the Marine in me envisions sticking a palm tree straight up your ignorant ass. I understand that some Americans need things to be simple to understand them. That's why others try to think for them. Until this nation determines that all Muslims are to be burnt in ovens or slaughtered whole sale my enemy remains a distinct few and a wrecked civilization in the Middle East.

I don't need my Corps Principles to have a very valid opinion on how stupid some Americans are. And thankyou for providing the example.

Could this be considered the DP equivelent of a Touch Down?

Our core enemy remains terrorists within Islam....not Islam.

Obviously you'd be intimately privy to the mindsets of the enemy in the field, which the rest of us would be denied. But I see Islam being the overt catalyst for terrorism, even though most Muslims have nothing to do with that kind of full-blown extremism by dint of human nature.

They side with anything they see a positive in, such as Muhammad telling his followers to embrace science (though to my mind only because he wanted to apply it against the kufr he hated so much). Or even embrace verses which abrogation made void anyway.

Obviously you'd be intimately privy to the mindsets of the enemy in the field, which the rest of us would be denied.

People aren't denied anything. This transcends an intimate enemy in a local environment. Most of everything I've learned has been from books and it merely validates my life experiences and helps me to understand things more clearly. Without that experience, people still have these books from which to learn from. The problem is that people don't dedicate their opinons towards what they read from experts as much as they dedicate their opinions towards a personal want to hate. Reporters have become notorious for painting simplistic local truths, which culminate into a general untruths. And the puiblic insists that we cater to the untruths. I ask you this.....without a media portraying the "truth" of Fallujah I, would there have been a need for a Fallujah II?

God I've come to despise the ignorance of the typical global citizen who can't seem to figure it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom