• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida passed and Desantis signed the "all us homophobic bill".

Can you quote the language in this bill that you consider homophobic?
Can you read,

MIAMI — Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida signed legislation on Monday that prohibits classroom instruction and discussion about sexual orientation and gender identity in some elementary school grades, a law that opponents have called “Don’t Say Gay.”
“We will make sure that parents can send their kids to school to get an education, not an indoctrination,” Mr. DeSantis, a Republican, said from a classroom at a charter school in Spring Hill, Fla., north of Tampa.
The law, titled “Parental Rights in Education,” has drawn national criticism from L.G.B.T.Q. organizations that fear it will have a chilling effect among teachers and young students.
Workers at Disney, one of the state’s major employers and corporate political donors, staged walkouts in protest after the bill passed the Legislature, even after the company’s chief executive had apologized to employees for not taking a stronger stand against the legislation and paused contributions to political campaigns. On Monday, Disney released a statement condemning the new law and urging lawmakers to repeal it or the courts to strike it down.

NYT.

So the new law forbids “classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity.”

Does this mean that there is no sexual education at all?

It seems like that's what it's saying, seeing as heterosexual/cisgender are also orientation/gender identity.

If that's the plan, I don't object. Those classes were all hype anyhow.

Why so much opposition then?

Because people emote on the Internet about st00pid shit. IMHO.
Democrats should have pushed FOR the bill, and Decrapis would have vetoed it.

But no matter....as long as my 2nd and 3rd graders can carry guns! Thats all I care about.💯💯

So the new law forbids “classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity.”

It seems like that's what it's saying, seeing as heterosexual/cisgender are also orientation/gender identity.

For kindergarten to third grade. Do you often talk about sexual orientation with six year olds?

They believe shit like that.

Thy believe that 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders shouldn't receive instruction on sex ed and especially "transgender", homosexuality, lesbianism, "pansexual",, etc et el in elementary school?

Well that sounds reasonable to me, elementary school isnt the place or the time for that. Maybe you're just a little too "woke"?

For kindergarten to third grade. Do you often talk about sexual orientation with six year olds?

I had missed that, so thanks. Did Florida historically have a policy where they were teaching those subjects to the chilluns?

I do see how later it also bans teaching "...in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students."

I don't see the grade restriction on that one, and "appropriate" has a wide range of normal.

The ultimate goal of these many RW ‘laws’ is to drive normal people out of those states, making them ‘redder’.

Hilarious that Disney protests this thing, yet it had no problem filming a movie in the oppression-hit Uighur region in China.
That was the Uyghur ethnic cleansing that trump approved of you’re referring to. Add to it the Kurdish cleansing and complete selling them out.

I think you're right. It will never, ever mean anything more than that to you.
sigh .. are the words or phrase "don't say gay" actually used in this legislation, or is it a leftist hype to make it a big deal.

I mean .. I wouldn't want my 7 year old exposed to this language, and making decisions without a healthy conversation with his parents Gosh . screw the parents .. let's do things outside of their consent.

Repubs have been inventing ‘bad’ cultural ideas that are NOT happening since Reagan and DEMs keep losing elections on them.

Well that sounds reasonable to me, elementary school isnt the place or the time for that. Maybe you're just a little too "woke"?
You called it unnecessary a few posts back yourself.

Next

OK, it says there will be no instruction on "sexual orientation" from K thru the 3rd grade.

Sounds very reasonable, and also sounds completely unnecessary since literally no-one is teaching 1st grade kids sexual orientation. At least I hope not.

Thats something for later. A great big NOTHING BURGER, and a completely unnecessary "law" imo. Ya know....standard GOP social warrior stuff.
I have to laugh when the gop talks about less regulations and less intrusion into our private lives.

Pushing sexual orientation content to pre-pubescent children, only the delusional and deranged left would demand that this is appropriate for children that age.

Most appropriate for parents to be the final word on this, and parents support this bill.

Seems so many have swallowed the extremist left's baseless political push narrative on this bill whole cloth, without any critical thinking engaged.

Exactly.

In actuality, the bill is pretty well supported.

Among all respondents, 50% said they either strongly support or somewhat support the key aspects of the legislation. Only 37% of those polled said they explicitly oppose the bill's key clauses.​

Direct reference to the poll:

Last edited:
I have to laugh when the gop talks about less regulations and less intrusion into our private lives.
Isn't it the left that's pushing this intrusion into the lives of six year olds?
Since the radical extremists of the left have taken that action, isn't this legislation is to prevent that intrusion, is it not?

Discussing sexual orientation with first graders is your "private life?" I'd probably not go any further with that, if I were you.

Discussing sexual orientation with first graders is your "private life?" I'd probably not go any further with that, if I were you.
Lol, I don't know of any school that teaches sexual orientation at that early age, no law was needed. The gop is so sexually oppressed they're the ones always caught up in these kinds of scandals. Them and the tv preachers.

Dennis Hastert.

Also, whatever you are responding to about sexual orientation of first graders, is coming from you, not me.

Sounds pedo-y.

Lol, I don't know of any school that teaches sexual orientation at that early age, no law was needed. The gop is so sexually oppressed they're the ones always caught up in these kinds of scandals. Them and the tv preachers.

Dennis Hastert.

Also, whatever you are responding to about sexual orientation of first graders, is coming from you, not me.
So what then do you oppose in the bill?

Back
Top Bottom