• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida lawmakers approve bill to move out-of-state migrants to blue states

Nothing Biden said was an invite

I believe your the one with the reading comprehension problem
Biden rang the ****ing dinner bell during his campaign, and they came.

Are seriously this clueless and so deep in partisan denial, only aware of what the liberal extremists media, DNC political propagandists feed you? Seriously?

Geezus, as a society can we reach lower lows?

Need to elevate the whole thing, such as :
To suffer the consequences of their own political actions or inactions is simply incomprehensible to liberals, as we can well see from this latest example.

Frankly, since it was the liberal's actions which brought about this entire consequence, it would appropriate to send the illegal migrants, illegal immigrants, and largely bogus asylum seekers to ONLY blue states and to ONLY self proclaimed sanctuary cities and states.

You wanted this, now you got this, now you deal with it and it's consequences.

This an often repeated fact pattern and behavior pattern from the liberals.
The left demanded open borders, Biden rang the 'dinner bell' during his campaign, and sure enough, the migrants came in droves.
This whole border crisis is nothing but Biden's doing, and yet, the sanctuary cities and states want to foist this problem on non-sanctuary cities and states?
That's nothing but hypocritical bullshit and 'cause a major problem and run away'.

and also:
Immigration decisions need to be merit based for each case. From my view asylum cases also need to be merit based.
Meaning that asylum cases must prove their asylum merit before being permitted to enter the nation.

Any changes to improve the US immigration and US asylum process needs to include this:
It is, and it needs to include 'remain in country of origin' until permitted entry into the US, or remain in Mexico.

'Flooding the zone', i.e. US border states, is simply a bullshit non-solution.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Poster cheers human beings being treated like pawns in a game of politics….and effectively human trafficking by GOP states.
"human beings being treated like pawns in a game of politics….and effectively human trafficking by" the Biden admin any less so?
Why?

To suffer the consequences of their own political actions or inactions is simply incomprehensible to liberals, as we can well see from this latest example.

Frankly, since it was the liberal's actions which brought about this entire consequence, it would appropriate to send the illegal migrants, illegal immigrants, and largely bogus asylum seekers to ONLY blue states and to ONLY self proclaimed sanctuary cities and states.

You wanted this, now you got this, now you deal with it and it's consequences.

This an often repeated fact pattern and behavior pattern from the liberals.
The left demanded open borders, Biden rang the 'dinner bell' during his campaign, and sure enough, the migrants came in droves.
This whole border crisis is nothing but Biden's doing, and yet, the sanctuary cities and states want to foist this problem on non-sanctuary cities and states?
That's nothing but hypocritical bullshit and 'cause a major problem and run away'.

and also:
Immigration decisions need to be merit based for each case. From my view asylum cases also need to be merit based.
Meaning that asylum cases must prove their asylum merit before being permitted to enter the nation.

Any changes to improve the US immigration and US asylum process needs to include this:
It is, and it needs to include 'remain in country of origin' until permitted entry into the US, or remain in Mexico.

'Flooding the zone', i.e. US border states, is simply a bullshit non-solution.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Doesn't the Bible have a thing or two to say about how we treat sojourners?

"Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt." -- Exodus 22:21

"He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing." -- Deuteronomy 10:18

And so on.
Your athiestic attempt to falsely use the Bible is rejected

Doesn't the Bible have a thing or two to say about how we treat sojourners?

"Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt." -- Exodus 22:21

"He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing." -- Deuteronomy 10:18

And so on.
Absolutely it does. That's why we send them to those who care for them the most, our liberal neighbors who are endlessly charitable.

They're going to transport immigrants who aren't even in Florida.

"Republicans have said the intent is to identify immigrants crossing into border states, such as Texas, who intend to move to Florida and, instead, offer them flights elsewhere."

Link

It's Florida. They hate the constitution.

Absolutely it does. That's why we send them to those who care for them the most, our liberal neighbors who are endlessly charitable.

Your athiestic attempt to falsely use the Bible is rejected
Right, and at the Last Judgement we liberals, who welcomed the stranger will be welcomed into heaven. Those who rejected strangers… well, Jesus said it best in Mathew 25.

If I was DeSantis, I’d go to confession soon. But he is apparently descended from the Abruzzo region in Italy, whose folks are considered hard-headed by other Italians. So hard of head and hard of heart. And a human trafficker to boot.

Just putting this out there (courtesy of my brother, who "loves" Florida even more than me):

1679360753595.png

So you're under the impression democrats really only care about human suffering? How many of these refugees have you taken in?
Let me answer that. I took in 10....all were in laws and they lived with me for an extended period in both Mexico and the US. How many have you taken in? If you think that is the only way a person can have an opinion take a seat....because I doubt seriously you have. This is like the nonsense of being against abortion but also not being willing to become a foster parent or provide funding for education, health care and child care.

Let me answer that. I took in 10....all were in laws and they lived with me for an extended period in both Mexico and the US. How many have you taken in? If you think that is the only way a person can have an opinion take a seat....because I doubt seriously you have. This is like the nonsense of being against abortion but also not being willing to become a foster parent or provide funding for education, health care and child care.
Good for you! I've had nieces and nephews, two brother in laws. My son's friend lived with us for two years. But I'm not in favor of the border being an open sieve. Why should I have to take anyone in?

There is actually a great deal of help for mothers to be. There are and have been for a long time institutions that support unwed mothers who want to carry to term. I had a child we knew had problems prior to birth. She is 35 and still lives with us. She is my morning flower and joy.

Good for you! I've had nieces and nephews, two brother in laws. My son's friend lived with us for two years. But I'm not in favor of the border being an open sieve. Why should I have to take anyone in?

There is actually a great deal of help for mothers to be. There are and have been for a long time institutions that support unwed mothers who want to carry to term. I had a child we knew had problems prior to birth. She is 35 and still lives with us. She is my morning flower and joy.
If you want to ask someone else, then make sure you have done the same...and that they were migrants....otherwise you know what that makes you? The border is more closed now than it has ever been. People that claim it is open are being dishonest. The right wing agenda is to shut all assistance down.....so, what is available isn't there because of Republicans.

If you want to ask someone else, then make sure you have done the same...and that they were migrants....otherwise you know what that makes you? The border is more closed now than it has ever been. People that claim it is open are being dishonest. The right wing agenda is to shut all assistance down.....so, what is available isn't there because of Republicans.
More closed now than ever? That is demonstrably incorrect.

Biden rang the ****ing dinner bell during his campaign, and they came.

Are seriously this clueless and so deep in partisan denial, only aware of what the liberal extremists media, DNC political propagandists feed you? Seriously?

Is the bell ringing right now?

More closed now than ever? That is demonstrably incorrect.

The right leaning CATO institute told the truth about Biden's immigration policies..

Biden’s Border Policy Is Not “Open Borders”

By David J. Bier

Practically since his first week in office, President Joe Biden has faced repeated criticisms from Republicans and some Democrats that his border policy amounts to “open borders.” This criticism is not simply inaccurate: it is unhinged from reality in a way that distinguishes itself from normal political hyperbole. Indeed, U.S. immigration policy is effectively closed borders, and Biden’s immigration policies and goals are largely the same as those of President Donald Trump.
Under U.S. immigration law, it is illegal for anyone in the world to travel or immigrate to the United States unless they fall into very narrow exceptions. Like Alcohol Prohibition—which had exemptions for religious, medicinal, or industrial purposes—America’s immigration prohibition’s small exceptions are irrelevant for the vast majority of potential immigrants. Effectively, if they don’t qualify as a select few high skilled workers or family members of U.S. citizens, they can’t come legally.
President Biden has not suddenly ended America’s immigration prohibition and opened up U.S. borders to almost anyone who wants to come (as was largely America’s immigration policy from 1776 to 1924). Instead, he has far more vigorously enforced immigration prohibition than the law requires, narrowing the few exceptions to the universal ban on legal immigration.

For example, one exception is for those facing persecution in their home countries. Biden has undisputed authority under the law to admit as many refugees from abroad as he wants. The president sets the limit and picks whoever he considers “of concern” to the United States. Yet Biden is on pace to admit the fewest refugees in the history of the U.S. refugee program, fewer than 10,000.

https://www.cato.org/blog/bidens-border-policy-not-open-borders

The right leaning CATO institute told the truth about Biden's immigration policies..

Biden’s Border Policy Is Not “Open Borders”

By David J. Bier

Practically since his first week in office, President Joe Biden has faced repeated criticisms from Republicans and some Democrats that his border policy amounts to “open borders.” This criticism is not simply inaccurate: it is unhinged from reality in a way that distinguishes itself from normal political hyperbole. Indeed, U.S. immigration policy is effectively closed borders, and Biden’s immigration policies and goals are largely the same as those of President Donald Trump.
Under U.S. immigration law, it is illegal for anyone in the world to travel or immigrate to the United States unless they fall into very narrow exceptions. Like Alcohol Prohibition—which had exemptions for religious, medicinal, or industrial purposes—America’s immigration prohibition’s small exceptions are irrelevant for the vast majority of potential immigrants. Effectively, if they don’t qualify as a select few high skilled workers or family members of U.S. citizens, they can’t come legally.
President Biden has not suddenly ended America’s immigration prohibition and opened up U.S. borders to almost anyone who wants to come (as was largely America’s immigration policy from 1776 to 1924). Instead, he has far more vigorously enforced immigration prohibition than the law requires, narrowing the few exceptions to the universal ban on legal immigration.

For example, one exception is for those facing persecution in their home countries. Biden has undisputed authority under the law to admit as many refugees from abroad as he wants. The president sets the limit and picks whoever he considers “of concern” to the United States. Yet Biden is on pace to admit the fewest refugees in the history of the U.S. refugee program, fewer than 10,000.

https://www.cato.org/blog/bidens-border-policy-not-open-borders
even some are excluded even though they are family of US citizens...if they are illegally here or ever were illegally here they are excluded from immigration...

Back
Top Bottom