• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Immigration Bill

Idiotic thread.

I know many black and white roofing crews that that can strip a roof faster than you can brew your coffee.

Idiotic thread.

I know many black and white roofing crews that that can strip a roof faster than you can brew your coffee.
We’re a little touchy today, maybe decaf is in order?

Idiotic thread.

Yep, but the examples chosen were amusing, thus my “like”. The skill of a construction crew has nothing to do with their race, ethnicity or immigration status.

Running down American workers just to own some politician.

You in all your glory.

Disgusting shit.
We had our roof replaced two years ago, this July. The entire crew looked like me, only tanner and skinnier. A friend came by during the process and heard classic rock from their radio on the roof. “What kind of a crew is up there,” he asked. You are in the building trade, “Americans” don’t want to sweat or get their knuckles skinned. Tell me I’m wrong, things different in Tidewater?

A friend came by during the process and heard classic rock from their radio on the roof. “What kind of a crew is up there,” he asked. You are in the building trade, “Americans” don’t want to sweat or get their knuckles skinned.

OH................I suppose your bigoted friend would have been really really alarmed if he heard RAP music coming down from your roof.

The myth of Mexicans working harder is exactly that...................................a myth.

Yes, they are good people, many of them do work their asses off, and I like them very much. There are also plenty of them that would just rather **** off and get away with whatever they can.

They may except more types of jobs but that doesn't mean anything in regards to quality of work.

And........ there are no guarantees of someone picking up the phone after a Mexican sub crew moves on to another locality after stiffing a Genral Contractor.

OH................I suppose your bigoted friend would have been really really alarmed if he heard RAP music coming down from your roof.

The myth of Mexicans working harder is exactly that...................................a myth.

Yes, they are good people, many of them do work their asses off, and I like them very much. There are also plenty of them that would just rather **** off and get away with whatever they can.

They may except more types of jobs but that doesn't mean anything in regards to quality of work.

And........ there are no guarantees of someone picking up the phone after a Mexican sub crew moves on to another locality after stiffing a Genral Contractor.
Someone sounds a little butt hurt. Tell me that you find more English speaking workers than Spanish speakers in the construction trades……

Just watched a video of one of Florida's Republican leaders (a farmer apparently) explaining to migrant groups that the laws making it impossible for illegal migrants to live in Florida don't really mean that they should leave Florida, and the laws are really just for show and won't get enforced if you are a good worker etc etc. In other words, "we passed the laws to get votes from conservatives, but trust us we really don't want you to leave. Please keep working here like nothing has changed. Well yes the new laws do give the police a lot of new powers to fine, jail, or deport you, but trust me we won't use them."

One constant theme among the more hard right legislation being passed in Florida and some other states is that the consequences of passing the legislation are definitely not being considered against the value of the far right philosophical values.

In reality there is a massive opportunity for the US to use migrant labor much better, but the hodge podge of state laws/attitudes won't work with any significant changes at the Federal level. What would be good would be for the fed govt to create a vastly expanded, but flexible according to need, seasonal work force program that can lead to citizenship if the right conditions are met over a few years etc. The US needs the migrants in it's labor force, so making legal access to the work easier and more attractive (possible path to citizenship etc) will encourage both migrants and employers to work within the system, and hence make illegal migration less attractive.

Back
Top Bottom