• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida homeowners forced to clean up ‘boat from Cuba’ that migrants abandoned on their property

You think that is the case? I doubt it. I am certain he gathered them all up and flew them to some evil Sanctuary City north of the Mason Dixon line.
probably not...he promised his voters he wouldn't....as long as they are Cuban.

maybe we can get the feds to pay to clean up the mess at the southern border -although since they dont care about spending i doubt they would care either way. but the border is in shambles
ne Florida homeowner, Jack Bartkus, explained that he was left to deal with the seacraft after "about 20 people that rode on this boat from Cuba and [the government] took the people into custody [but] they didn’t do anything with the boat."

"They left it here and just discarded it," Bartkus said. "So it became my problem."
There’s diesel fuel on there," he said. "You can’t have an oil spill and to have this thing floating out on the water, it’s unsafe for other people."

Key Colony Beach officials told local residents in a letter that migrant boats were their problem, not the government’s. "f any vessel ends up on your private property [it] becomes your problem. This rule of law is both inconvenient and a bit expensive, but it is the law."

a video of DeSantis addressing the migrant boat crisis directly.

"There’s vessels left everywhere [on] people’s property," DeSantis said. "We declared a state of emergency. We provided [the] Coast Guard the assistance that they’ve asked for. We are going to clear the vessels free of charge for those residents because it wasn’t their fault."
First world problem.

Which explains why Florida Latinos have been going "Red" the last few election cycles.
You have no idea why FL, CA, and TX Hispanics are going “Red”.

Which explains why Florida Latinos have been going "Red" the last few election cycles.

Because they are upset illegal Cuban immigrants get treated the same as illegal Mexican immigrants?

maybe we can get the feds to pay to clean up the mess at the southern border -although since they dont care about spending i doubt they would care either way. but the border is in shambles...
Uh, hello? Florida isn't part of the "Southern Border." It doesn't border any other nations.

As to Cuba, this might bend your brain. In 1997, the US established a "wet foot-dry foot" policy, where any Cuban who touched US soil was automatically granted asylum. That policy ended in 2017 by... wait for it... Obama.

According to the xenophobes, draconian measures like that should reduce migration, right? Wrong. It hasn't made a dent. People don't leave Cuba based on the intricacies of US immigration law, it's because they don't want to live in Cuba anymore. It is absolutely astounding that xenophobes can't figure out -- or refuse to accept -- this rather basic fact about human behavior.

By the way, the Cuban community in the US is very heavily Republican -- which is one reason why Republican candidates often do well in Florida, and can get more than 5-10% of the Hispanic vote in Presidential elections. So, if you are partisan, you might want to be careful before slagging off Cuban migrants....

Uh, hello? Florida isn't part of the "Southern Border." It doesn't border any other nations.

As to Cuba, this might bend your brain. In 1997, the US established a "wet foot-dry foot" policy, where any Cuban who touched US soil was automatically granted asylum. That policy ended in 2017 by... wait for it... Obama.

According to the xenophobes, draconian measures like that should reduce migration, right? Wrong. It hasn't made a dent. People don't leave Cuba based on the intricacies of US immigration law, it's because they don't want to live in Cuba anymore. It is absolutely astounding that xenophobes can't figure out -- or refuse to accept -- this rather basic fact about human behavior.

By the way, the Cuban community in the US is very heavily Republican -- which is one reason why Republican candidates often do well in Florida, and can get more than 5-10% of the Hispanic vote in Presidential elections. So, if you are partisan, you might want to be careful before slagging off Cuban migrants....
Evidently, this Russian failed to learn Geography before posting here. Anatta thinks that Florida borders Mexico/southern border. Perhaps we need to let them know that Cuba is an island and that the Keys are islands in the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf.

you dont seem to understand I was drawing a parallel between the migrants jetsam behind at the southern border and the boats left behind on Florida shores.
you are so busy trying to fack check my every breathe you miss an obvious comparison and then feel the need to inform me idiotic geography lessons
no kidding! wow! i dont need goggle with you around, Captain Obvious
who made the claim ending wet foot dry foot caused the influz of Cubans under Biden? why are you telling me this when it's Captain Obvious Biden's defacto open border policies are getting millions a year from all over the world -virtually every country including Cuba

You dont seem to understand the generational differences of Cubans in Florida
~~
Less than half (47%) of Cuban registered voters nationwide now say they identify with or lean toward the Republican Party—down from the 64% who said the same about the GOP a decade ago, according to 2013 survey data.
~~
But now they are swinging back -Trump started the swing back to Republicans. but Desantis sewed up the Hispanic vote
That means Puerto Ricans as well -which are historically Democratic in Florida

Here is the complexities laid out for you -please dont waste my time with your need to correct my posts on Florida demographics
with 1/2 way disinformation . And I dont even know what the 5-10% is you are selling
An August 2016 poll from Florida International University (FIU) had Trump beating Clinton among Cubans statewide by roughly five points. (Exit polls for Cuban Floridians by age aren’t available in some cycles.) But among Cubans between the ages of 18 and 39, Clinton was polling ahead of Trump by 22 points. In the 2018 FIU exit poll of Cuban voters that showed DeSantis beating Gillum by 45 points, the same 18–39 age demographic went for DeSantis over Gillum by four points, 51 to 47 percent. In 2020 — again, where exit polls of Cubans by age aren’t available — an August FIU poll of Cuban Floridians ages 18–39 found that 59 percent backed Trump, whereas just 23 percent backed Biden. And an FIU poll conducted around the same time in the leadup to the 2022 election found that 59 percent of the same demographic planned to vote for Ron DeSantis, whereas Democratic contenders Nikki Fried and Charlie Crist — the nomination hadn’t been decided yet — each earned just 12 percent apiece.

Last edited:
you dont seem to understand I was drawing a parallel between the migrants shit left behind at the southern border and the boats left behind on Florida shores. you are so busy trying to "faxk xheck my every breathe you miss an obvious comparison and then feel the neded to inform me idiotic geography lessons

no kidding! wow! i dont need goggle with you around, Captain Obvious

who made the claim ending wet foot dry foot caused the influz of Cubans under Biden? why are you telling me this when it's Obvious Biden's policies are getting millions a year from all over the world -virtually every country including Cuba

You dont seem to understand the generational differences of Cubans in Florida
~~
Less than half (47%) of Cuban registered voters nationwide now say they identify with or lean toward the Republican Party—down from the 64% who said the same about the GOP a decade ago, according to 2013 survey data.
But now they are swinging back -Trump started the swing back to Republicans. but Desantis sewed up the Hispanic vote
That means Puerto Ricans as well -which are historically Democratic in Florida

Here is the complexities laid out for you -please dont waste my time with your need to correct my posts
with 1/2 way disinformation . And I dont even know what the 5-10% is you are selling
An August 2016 poll from Florida International University (FIU) had Trump beating Clinton among Cubans statewide by roughly five points. (Exit polls for Cuban Floridians by age aren’t available in some cycles.) But among Cubans between the ages of 18 and 39, Clinton was polling ahead of Trump by 22 points. In the 2018 FIU exit poll of Cuban voters that showed DeSantis beating Gillum by 45 points, the same 18–39 age demographic went for DeSantis over Gillum by four points, 51 to 47 percent. In 2020 — again, where exit polls of Cubans by age aren’t available — an August FIU poll of Cuban Floridians ages 18–39 found that 59 percent backed Trump, whereas just 23 percent backed Biden. And an FIU poll conducted around the same time in the leadup to the 2022 election found that 59 percent of the same demographic planned to vote for Ron DeSantis, whereas Democratic contenders Nikki Fried and Charlie Crist — the nomination hadn’t been decided yet — each earned just 12 percent apiece.
What policies are those??? What immigration policy did he push and get passed that caused any influx of Venezuelans or Cubans.

What policies are those??? What immigration policy did he push and get passed that caused any influx of Venezuelans or Cubans.
Migrants are coming from AROUND THE WORLD by the millions.
That's what's new and why even encounters are breaking records month after month and year after year.

It has nothing to do with legislation ("passed" as you call it) it's all about enforcement - the laws havent changed from Trump to Biden

Migrants are coming from AROUND THE WORLD by the millions.
That's what's new and why even encounters are breaking records month after month and year after year.

It has nothing to do with legislation ("passed" as you call it) it's all about enforcement - the laws havent changed from Trump to Biden
It isn't really new, it has been going on for decades. It became worse under Trump, because he decided to get rid of a bunch of immigration judges.

You are very naive if you think that DeSantis isn't handling Cuban migrants with kid gloves. The GOP version of the "replacement theory"
What, no busses full of Cubans being dumped off in some dem city (after the cameras are all set up, of course)?

Back
Top Bottom