• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida High School Student Suspended After Handing Out Pride Flags

here is the kid...

Jack Petocz (@Jack_Petocz) / Twitter
That can’t be him! He’s not a k-3rd kid!

Yes.

My point is we don't know why the School suspended the kid, until they release their findings. All we have is the kid's ascertains.
That's all we'll ever have. The school will hide behind privacy. They always do. Why would they admit to discrimination?

Well the bill restricts talking about LGTBQ+ stuff in school, and the flags he handed out were pride flags.
At the K-3 level. I don't want this being taught to my kids or grandkids period and certainly not at that early age. The idea that it's OK is BS. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of your home is one thing but trying to force society to approve of it is entirely different.

One day some people will learn about subtext lol….

No, that was not a yes, not to your stupid question about committing a murder for gawd's sake. Maybe you ought to take that comment back?

Matt Shepard was kidnapped, tortured, beaten, and murdered. Are you really going to claim that telling somebody to shut their mouth is equal to murder? Do you not even try to think and talk rationally?
Nah you dont deserve a takeback.

This was bound to happen.

What two consenting adults do in the privacy of your home is one thing but trying to force society to approve of it is entirely different.
It's about more than what consenting adults do in their homes. There's a difference between approving of something and tolerating it because you have to do so. Don't approve of gay marriage or gays adopting children or trans people? Fine, but step out of the way and let them enjoy the rights to which all citizens are entitled. There are a lot of people who don't like what you like or what you do and probably even who you are but you're still permitted to exercise your rights as a citizen.

What does that have to with gay pride flags?
The point is kids have limited free speech in schools. It's something scotus has avoided ruling on solidly..

While this stupid, the school is in the tight becsuse they can claim the child was being disruptive

At the K-3 level. I don't want this being taught to my kids or grandkids period and certainly not at that early age. The idea that it's OK is BS. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of your home is one thing but trying to force society to approve of it is entirely different.
They’re not asking for your approval. They’re asking for acceptance, for your forgiveness if you think that’s necessary. They’re asking to be treated as human beings like everyone else. Does it make you uncomfortable seeing an obviously gay couple? It wouldn’t if you knew they were just like you. Same love, same desire, same wants and needs. The same. They aren’t asking for you to give them anything except acceptance, and they don’t want to take anything away from you either.

Is it that hard? Scary? Maybe. But humans adapt. Those feelings go away the more you expose yourself to them. I think that’s some kind of psychology treatment or something. Exposer therapy maybe?

Why dimocrats wanna teach sex and homosexuality to 5yo kids?

So the homosexual high school teenager is upset over a bill which prohibits the discussion of gender issues in public schools for KINDERGARTEN THROUGH THIRD GRADE!!! As if very young children, most who are not even yet aware of any form of sexuality need to be have some of this crap forced on them so soon. Is it not enough to expect to let the young ones just be kids for the little amount of time they can be innocent?

To hell with this high school teenager and his entitled demands; nobody is stopping teachers from talking about all the sick shit this kid likes to talk about to teenagers. He is basically DEMANDING that the children of other people be forced into his worldview without consideration of age appropriatness.

In my day they didn't need to suspend little shits like this teenager. In my day things were handled differently.
Some very young children are aware that they have two female parents, or that their friend has two male parents, and that some friends have one of each. Unfortunately some very young children are exposed at home to words that shouldn't be used.
The discussion of "sexuality" in younger grades is pretty much confined to these issues. The Florida bill is just another divisive ploy to garner votes with scary stories.

you thought wrong. again
i can see a K student revealing that he lives with daddy and other daddy on weekends
how does a teacher respond to that without tripping the wire of violating the intended law
it would be rare for such things to occur at those young grades but they still can and do occur

my argument is there ARE no published state standards for age &/or developmentally appropriate discussions. the teachers/counselors are made vulnerable without such clear definitions and standards
i can also see older students who are recognizing they might be other than hetero looking to discuss their situation with someone other than their deplorable, homophobic parent. such as someone who would title the bill the 'don't turn my son into my daughter' act. yep, that's a real thing. be proud of your ilk for coming up with that
LBGTQ+ kids are FOUR times more likely to commit suicide than 'straight' kids. our children should be able to talk about their gender questions with a teacher and/or school counselor if the parents are unwilling to hear them. why ignore their concerns and subject them to higher likelihoods of self-harm?
however, if florida agreed to make counselors trained in gender issues available to all students, no questions asked by the school, i would gladly table my objections to this bill. because an alternate access to the help they need would become available
in the meantime, only homophobes should be the ones supporting this bill
Where is Dr. Spock when you need him?

Why dimocrats wanna teach sex and homosexuality to 5yo kids?
If’n you’da read the thread you’d know it’s because we need the Adrenochrome from them, and they’re useful in the demonic rituals. Duh. Try to keep up.

being in his junior year, it is doubtful the kid has reaching the age of 18. thus, the school cannot release information to the public about his actions and punishment

Alright, there is that.

looking forward to seeing this story unfold by astute reporting.

Ditto!

my speculation is the scenario will play out about the way the kid described

That, I still can't speculate.

--

Thanks for the input, justabubba!

That's all we'll ever have. The school will hide behind privacy. They always do. Why would they admit to discrimination?

I'm still going to reserve full judgement, until I see what the school says.

It’s actually painful to sit and watch us go backwards. I cannot believe we have allowed it to get to this point. Every American should oppose this. I’m in FL at the moment and plan on going to protest this bill if I can. One of the most disgusting pieces of legislation I’ve ever seen.

👑
lol it used to be gays insisted no link between homosexuality and child abuse and now they alphabet lobby is screeching at the idea of being banned from grooming K-3 children.

We need to see the investigation report, before we can accurately weigh-in on this.
You won't see a report, at least not from the school. FERPA prohibits the release of information like this.

You won't see a report, at least not from the school. FERPA prohibits the release of information like this.

Not even if the kid wants to make it public?

How can you object to prohibiting propaganda that targets K-3rd grade kids? What kind of a sick ****ing douchebag would actually approve of indoctrinating children in the first place?

No....the bill restricts piece of shit leftists from indoctrinating children in the K-3rd grades. It doesnt prohibit discussing sexuality and gender issues on older classrooms. Seriously...what kind of a sick **** sits back and thinks its appropriate to begin indoctrinating children as young as 4 years old?

Your own post answers the question.

the legislation bars piece of shit leftists from indoctrinating 4 year olds...I'd think even you can agree that it would not be appropriate for threat to happen. In later grades it allows for age and developmentally appropriate discussions.

You have no argument.

Of course it is...just as it is reality that piece of shit leftists are intent on exploiting children.

We arent even talking "back in the day". In the last 10 years the sick ****s from the left have attacked children to the point today that 1 in 10 identifies as having some sort of gender dysphoria.

Who gives a ****? I dont think kindergarten aged children should be indoctrinated on heterosexuality either. They are children FFS. They should be taught letters, learning to read, simple math functions...you know....things that SCHOOLS are supposed to teach.

^ This is what right-wing hate speech looks like.

VanceMack wants to block children from receiving age-appropriate, LGBTQ-positive education. He wants them to be indoctrinated with outdated one-man-one-woman bullshit.

Here's a helpful hint for VanceMack: If a child is old enough to learn about a man who loves a woman, they are old enough to learn about a man who loves another man. (y)

^ This is what right-wing hate speech looks like.

VanceMack wants to block children from receiving age-appropriate, LGBTQ-positive education. He wants them to be indoctrinated with outdated one-man-one-woman bullshit.

Here's a helpful hint for VanceMack: If a child is old enough to learn about a man who loves a woman, they are old enough to learn about a man who loves another man. (y)
He lives in fear and anger.

Some very young children are aware that they have two female parents, or that their friend has two male parents,
That is a problem for those unfortunate children to have to deal with. Just because some kids lost the good parent/normal family lottery, doesn't mean that every other kindergarten- 3rd grade child needs to have some teacher with a warped social justice agenda shoving their unnatural crap down my kid/grandkid's throat. Young children are naturally pretty intuitive about what they observe in nature. As in a 5 year old from a normal healthy and NATURAL family will see two men kissing or two women kissing, and go, "that is weird". Because that is what NATURE has already determined, which is not what your typical liberal school teacher is trying to teach.

I'm not saying that conversation can never be had, I'm just saying it needs to be age appropriate. The part you refuse to accept is that we don't all agree with what you wish to define as "natural", and we have chosen to protect our children from YOUR warped worldviews.

and that some friends have one of each.

Yeah, the NORMAL families. The way nature has determined.
Unfortunately some very young children are exposed at home to words that shouldn't be used.
The discussion of "sexuality" in younger grades is pretty much confined to these issues. The Florida bill is just another divisive ploy to garner votes with scary stories.

Children in our society are exposed to enough bullshit that they don't need this stuff too, not at the early ages being discussed.

Homosexuality is legal, it is a consenting adult's right to choose, and it must be given appropriate civil protections. It is not however required that we must all agree that it is "equal to" what nature already determined that it is not equal to.

We sent our kids to private schools up till 8th grade so that the would not need to be subjected to this kind of shit, and served us well. I would encourage other people to pull their kids out of public schools which teach these unnecessary sexual social justice crap. DEFUND public schools by sending your kids someplace else, and then maybe break the stranglehold on our kids who are being indoctrinated into this failed and unnatural woke bs.

I had to laugh last year when Dave Chappell commented about us all coming out of a woman's vagina..... as in a REAL woman, and a real vagina, and then the liberal woke idiots howled like witches who had a bucket of water dumped on them.

Your own post answers the question.

the legislation bars piece of shit leftists from indoctrinating 4 year olds...I'd think even you can agree that it would not be appropriate for threat to happen. In later grades it allows for age and developmentally appropriate discussions.

You have no argument.
Does this apply to heterosexualism, too?

Back
Top Bottom