• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida group to initiate an "assault weapons" ban on the ballot.

Drinkable alcohol is also not essential in the USA and kills nearly three times as many people as guns do. What are your thoughts on banning a few of the most popular alcoholic beverages, since they are responsible for a large percentage of alcohol related deaths and serve no purpose?

tried that once. created a huge crime wave. Al capone and a bunch of others

of course we are doing it again with our war on drugs. difference is this criminal enterprise is causing distruction around the world.

think what a gun ban would bring about. instead of criminals it would be otherwise law abiding citizens

Quite possible but so what ?

your desire to ban semi auto rifles is not logically based on a valid desire to decrease murders. Your gun banning goals are based on the fact that you are a left-winger and you figure banning guns will harass conservatives

of course we are doing it again with our war on drugs. difference is this criminal enterprise is causing distruction around the world.

think what a gun ban would bring about. instead of criminals it would be otherwise law abiding citizens

many of whom would rather fight back then give up their guns. Read this article. Its wonderful

http://monsterhunternation.com/2018...ete-says-congressman-who-wants-to-nuke-omaha/

your desire to ban semi auto rifles is not logically based on a valid desire to decrease murders. Your gun banning goals are based on the fact that you are a left-winger and you figure banning guns will harass conservatives

In looking over some of the posts Rich2018 has made. I think that he has an fear of guns. He has said he would call the cops on people with guns, wouldn't live in s building that neighbors may have guns, leave stores and restaurants if he caught a glimpse of someone with a gun. Those are not actions of a rational person, those are actions of someone fearful of guns

In looking over some of the posts Rich2018 has made. I think that he has an fear of guns. He has said he would call the cops on people with guns, wouldn't live in s building that neighbors may have guns, leave stores and restaurants if he caught a glimpse of someone with a gun. Those are not actions of a rational person, those are actions of someone fearful of guns

tertiary stage hoplophobia is what the late great Colonel Jeff Cooper called it

Gun ownership is a right car ownership US not.

Who are you to determine what is or is not essential in the USA. That's pretty freaking arragont if you.

Car ownership is also a right. Driving them where it might endanger others is a privilege. All rights are reserved to the people where the people havent loaned them to govt.

Car ownership is also a right. Driving them where it might endanger others is a privilege. All rights are reserved to the people where the people havent loaned them to govt.

No it is not. There is no right to own a car. Show me how you come to that conclusion

Do you think a gun ban would not create a huge crime wave?

Do you think a gun ban would not create a huge crime wave?

i don't know if you could call it a crime wave because it would be law abiding citizens. more like a revolution!

i know i am keeping my guns because i enjoy the shooting sports

and if things keep going the way they are i might even need them to defend my family and myself. something i have never really considered would be necessary.

Prohibits possession of assault weapons, defined as semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition-feeding device. Possession of handguns is not prohibited. Exempts military and law enforcement personnel in their official duties. Exempts and requires registration of assault weapons lawfully possessed prior to this provision’s effective date. Creates criminal penalties for violations of this amendment.

https://dos.elections.myflorida.com/initiatives/initdetail.asp?account=70490&seqnum=1

Full PDF of the proposed amendment to FL's constitution:
https://dos.elections.myflorida.com/initiatives/fulltext/pdf/70490-1.pdf

Not for long, if it passes...

Wow. There are a LOT of .22 rimfires included in that if I'm reading it right.

No it is not. There is no right to own a car. Show me how you come to that conclusion

I already said. All rights and powers not delegated to the states are reserved to the people. I did not delegate the right to own things to the states, thus said right is mine.

Back
Top Bottom