• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis & His Family

I will not vote for him, but he seems smart

There is some serious crushes here on DeDouche.

Is he the GOP's next cult leader. Probably not, he lacks the skill.

Correction to the marriage data previously provided:

Ron DeSantis and Jill “Casey” Black married in Florida’s Disney Theme Park on September 26, 2009. The linked article in this post includes a photo copy of their 2009 marriage license.

On the 8th Day, God created Ron DeSantis:

Pretty sure Ron’s wife, Casey, put her finger prints all over this promotional ad. Ron has Bigly Dreams! I don’t see him waiting beyond 2024 to test his metal on the Big Stage. I hope the obstacles to becoming POTUS prove insurmountable to Ron and his brand of Right Wing politics.

Characteristics (strengths & weakness) of Gov. Ron DeSantis:

Combative temperament; not prone to say “thanks” with any sincerity; creates a tough work environment; bullies; intensely ambitious; aloof; obsessed with James Madison; obsessed with Fox Network; strong dislike for Obama; wrote a 2011 book titled “Dreams from our Founding Fathers” as a play off of Obama’s “Dreams from my Father”; launched his political career after joining Tea Party; very smart; no respect for Mark Meadows; co-founded Freedom Caucus; needed Trump’s support to become governor; disparages Trump privately; uses people like toilet paper; holds grudges; has lots of enemies; relies heavily on his wife for advice; has a nasal voice.
Wonder if its a Yale thing to create the biggest sociopaths.

Very informative Orlando Sentinel Article on Casey DeSantis:

Casey grew up in Troy OH, a small city 19 miles north of Dayton. Her parents, Optometrist Robert Joseph Black (10/2/46) and his wife Jeanne (3/31/47) currently live in Aiken SC. Her father previously served as an Air Force Officer. Her mom worked as an elementary school speech pathologist. Her sister, Kate Cristen Bufton (3/1/78) lives with her husband Corbett Harte Bufton in Parker CO. At some point, Kate apparently enlisted in the USAF. Her husband has a BS Environmental Science degree from Northern AZ University 5/8/99.

Ron’s father-in-law, Robert Joseph Black, served as an Air Force officer before embarking on a career as an optometrist. I find it interesting his first born, Kate C. Bufton, married Air Force pilot Corbett H. Bufton.

Major Bufton and Kate use to live on or near Charleston Air Force Base. Corbett Bufton grew up in Orange County CA, in Lake Forest. Corbett and Kate bought a big home in Parker CO in 2016. I suspect Corbett has resigned from the Air Force. He use to command a C-17 for the 816th Expeditionary Airlift.

9A98FF39-6213-4C98-B1F8-91827D57FA63.jpeg628D9172-95D1-4C80-8618-AE86ADAC00D4.png

Casey DeSantis’ brother-in-law, (Retired) Maj. Corbett Bufton, DOB: 6/1/76, currently seeking a PHD:

A2D7EE1E-B7A4-4CAA-BFC4-AA51A0566A90.png

He's a fascist, simple as that.
I have serious thoughts of timely moving from Florida to Georgia so I can vote in one of the 2024 battleground states! Georgia has 16 coveted electoral votes in play! I can’t stop the tide to prevent Florida’s 30 EVs from going to the Fascists.

He's a fascist, simple as that.
Opening this thread I couldn't help wondering how al of this is relevant to his voters/non-voters (or his politics), that is except from your post.

But then again, I have no interest in reading ladies' magazines either, and they wouldn't sell unless someone was interested... So,

I rest my case, notes that I do not belong to the reference group and move on.

He's also a MAGA pseudo-conservative, even if he doesn't support Donald Trump. He's not looking for small government. He wants a big powerful government with the power to dictate what people should believe, how they should vote, and how they should live. He just wants to make sure that it is a big government with draconian, MAGA-style, theocratic, fascist values and oversight into people's daily lives. He's one of those "conservatives" that only hates bloated government and abuse of power when it is the Democrats who are running it. When it's conservatives, and especially when it is him, he welcomes more power and fewer civil rights.

There is a reason he keeps getting slapped by the Supreme Court.
You have enough hateful Liberals on your side to applaud your comments.
He has an excellent political, educational, military, and family background. Something we haven't seen in a president for a long time. And who do you plan to vote for? An 80-year old senile politician with a running mate who checked out all of the right Progressive boxes to become VP. And most Democrats don't want either of them to be president.
Ron could be like Biden and given away trillions to social justice programs; campaign for affirmative action, LGBTQ rights, and transgender treatments; AND forgive all student loans, and you would still vote for Biden. Why? Because he has a "D" after his name and worships Progressives.

I have serious thoughts of timely moving from Florida to Georgia so I can vote in one of the 2024 battleground states! Georgia has 16 coveted electoral votes in play! I can’t stop the tide to prevent Florida’s 30 EVs from going to the Fascists.
And all of the people who think DeSantis is great choice feel sorry for you and your dilemma.

And all of the people who think DeSantis is great choice feel sorry for you and your dilemma.
Hahaha. Please spare me your thoughts and prayers. Give them to someone who wants them.

It seems you have not yet seen DeSantis face off in a rigorous debate format. Quick wit and charisma do not come to mind. Doubtful too that DeSantis can win Oregon’s 7 electoral votes.

This is unfavorable but only mildly toward DeFascist.

The one thingy it's not is a hatchet job.

It comes across as just saying who and what DeSantis is to people who have had the misfortune of spending time with Ron DeSantis the third world hustler.

Just Wait Until You Get to Know Ron DeSantis

People who haven’t met him think he’s a hot commodity. People who have met him aren’t so sure.

People who know him better and have watched him longer are skeptical of his ability to take on the former president. DeSantis, they say, is no thoroughbred political athlete. He can be awkward and plodding. And Trump tends to eviscerate guys like that. “He was standoffish in general,” the Virginia Republican Barbara Comstock, a former House colleague of DeSantis’s, told me. “A strange no-eye-contact oddball,” Rick Wilson, a Republican media consultant, wrote on Resolute Square. “I’d rather have teeth pulled without anesthetic than be on a boat with Ron DeSantis,” says Mac Stipanovich, a Tallahassee lobbyist who set sail from the GOP over his revulsion for Trump and his knockoffs. To sum up: DeSantis is not a fun and convivial dude. He prefers to keep his earbuds in. His “Step away from the vehicle” vibes are strong.

The vast majority of voters will never get to know Ron DeSantis as much as he will campaign nationally for the fascist party nomination.

Yet most voters know already that in this world DeSantis is a hard core and committed 21st century uniquely American fascist. DeFascist needs to stop Democrats from voting in the swing states urban centers such as in NV, AZ, GA, VA, NH, PA, WI, MI. Florida is a goner state same as TX and OH are goner states. Yet Biden is the only guy who can beat either DeFascist or PutinTrump. Indeed, this reality only gets bigger as we move toward '24.

Sixty one percent (61%) of Florida voters said they opposed pending legislation to ban and prohibit DEI aka diversity equity and inclusion and CRT on college and university campuses. Republican voters favored the proposed purges at 56% percent.

The number one issue in the poll is affordable housing that Republican officials in Tallahassee have zero interest in as they pursue their fascist agenda for Florida and the nation. Rated after that by FL voters is the economy, jobs and inflation that Republicans ignore while pursuing their Triumph of The Will agenda for America on the Faux Florida Fascist Model.

Poll shows DeSantis up over Trump with Florida GOP voters, gauges opinions on DEI, guns, vouchers​

March 9, 2023

TALLAHASSEE – When asked for their preference in the 2024 Republican presidential primary, 52% of surveyed Florida Republican voters went for DeSantis, according to polling released by the University of North Florida’s Public Opinion Research Lab. Trump came in second with 27%. "It’s not too surprising to see DeSantis take the lead among Republicans in his home state of Florida,” said Michael Binder, PORL faculty director and a political science professor. Lawmakers are poised to let Floridians carry guns without a concealed weapons permit. But a majority of poll respondents across the political spectrum said they opposed the legislation: 93% of Democrats, 77% of independents and 62% of Republicans.

Asked if they support legislation banning DEI, or diversity, equity, and inclusion, and CRT, critical race theory, programs on state college and university campuses, 61% of respondents said they were against the idea, while 35% support it. “A notable chunk of Republicans (38%) don’t like the [DEI and CRT] restrictions, but the 56% in support reflects the likely outcome in Florida’s Republican-controlled Legislature,” Binder said. When asked about the most important problem facing Florida, a quarter of those surveyed picked affordable housing. Coming in second was the economy, jobs and inflation, which was chosen by 17% of respondents.

Indeed, from the national voter perspective, America outside of Florida and the Red States is where fascism goes to die. Moreover, FL is where some of DeFascist agenda items also die.

Nice family? (Changes nothing about my opinion of his politics, nor should it for anyone else.)

Hahaha. Please spare me your thoughts and prayers. Give them to someone who wants them.

It seems you have not yet seen DeSantis face off in a rigorous debate format. Quick wit and charisma do not come to mind. Doubtful too that DeSantis can win Oregon’s 7 electoral votes.
As your beloved former president once said, "We'll see".

Back
Top Bottom