• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Gov DeSantis Pushes To End Disney Self-Government

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This has got to be one of the most childish things I've seen desantis and the republicans in Florida do.

Is that all the republicans can do? Take revenge out on people who don't do what the republicans want them to do?

A company has the right to disagree with that don't say gay law and voice their opinions about it. They also have the right to donate to any politician they want to or not donate to any politician they don't want to. It's called free speech.

But just because of that the republican politicians in Florida want to take Disney's self government from them. Which personally, I don't see why they got it in the first place but they did.

So what the republican politicians in Florida are saying is that if Disney stops paying them, they will take the self government from Disney.

Wow, talk about corrupt government.

My question now is, will Florida want to spend the money to do that job that Disney has been doing and paying for?

I don't know but I do know that if the state of Florida takes self government of Disney away, watch as Disney in Florida to get even worse.

The state isn't going to want to raise taxes to spend the money to do the job that Disney has been doing on it's own so things at Disney in Florida are going to change a lot if this does happen.

And just like that, massive corporations were allowed special privileges and didn't need to have government oversight...

I think Disney ought to play hard ball. Close the parks for two weeks and put all Orlando employees of the parks on two weeks unpaid administrative leave.

Let the employees know that if the DeSantis grab happens the park will be closed on the day the DeSantis bill goes into effect and until the action is repealed.

WW

I think Disney ought to play hard ball. Close the parks for two weeks and put all Orlando employees of the parks on two weeks unpaid administrative leave.

Let the employees know that if the DeSantis grab happens the park will be closed on the day the DeSantis bill goes into effect and until the action is repealed.

WW
Good plan.

WW

They can afford it, that's for sure.

WW
And yet, Disney has no problem filming a movie in a Chinese province where an ethnic group is being persecuted AND giving China's propaganda ministry a kudos in said movie's "Thank you" credits.

This has got to be one of the most childish things I've seen desantis and the republicans in Florida do.
Is that all the republicans can do? Take revenge out on people who don't do what the republicans want them to do?
A company has the right to disagree with that don't say gay law and voice their opinions about it. They also have the right to donate to any politician they want to or not donate to any politician they don't want to. It's called free speech.
But just because of that the republican politicians in Florida want to take Disney's self government from them. Which personally, I don't see why they got it in the first place but they did.
So what the republican politicians in Florida are saying is that if Disney stops paying them, they will take the self government from Disney.
My question now is, will Florida want to spend the money to do that job that Disney has been doing and paying for?
I don't know but I do know that if the state of Florida takes self government of Disney away, watch as Disney in Florida to get even worse.
The state isn't going to want to raise taxes to spend the money to do the job that Disney has been doing on it's own so things at Disney in Florida are going to change a lot if this does happen.

Bye bye Orlando...looks like Anaheim is about to get a lot more visitors.

The Florida shit show rages on! (The politics of the right going after big business is hysterical to watch.)

And yet, Disney has no problem filming a movie in a Chinese province where an ethnic group is being persecuted AND giving China's propaganda ministry a kudos in said movie's "Thank you" credits.

On this I am in agreement but it's not JUST Disney doing this.
ALL of the big studios have been bowing and scraping in their attempts to get a green light for the Chinese movie market.
I loved "The Martian", for instance, but what made me sick was the almost LITERAL bowing and scraping where "the heroic Chinese government steps in to save stupid American stranded on Mars!"

I guess I never was very much of a globalist in economic terms.

There is snow don't say gay law. That's a conspiracy theory not based on anything.

Yeah sounds like if Disney stops supporting them they'll stop supporting Disney that's the way it works.

Maybe they shouldn't have lied about the bill.

Disney should just move to Georgia. Then DeSantis can be the governor who chased out Disney. I'm sure that'll help him in November.

Yes, that's all they can do. Because it whips their shitty base up and they will reward this Taliban behavior with their votes. And many states well on their way to suppressing democrat votes even worse than they previously did. They saw what happens when many people vote and it is made easier for them to vote, they will vote Dem or a Republican that doesn't pander to Taliban Trumpism

Disney should just move to Georgia. Then DeSantis can be the governor who chased out Disney. I'm sure that'll help him in November.
With his base certainly. And you can't just pick up Disney world and move it.

With his base certainly. And you can't just pick up Disney world and move it.
Why, that's how everyone moves cities in Florida - just put your mobile home up on that trailer and move it to a different park so it can get hurricaned there!

Ah, Florida - America's mullet.

Hey I changed my Avatar back. You said I could on the 18th.

At some point their shareholders are going to start publicly questioning just why Disney's management decided to pick sides in the culture wars.
The answer to the question that you pointed out here is that Disney hired art students instead of actual creative people. Art students go to college and not that college is a bad thing even for art but typically people who go to college become a doctorated with this kind of nonsense through being required to take gender studies or other various grievance courses.

The the talent pool from which they draw their creative people seems to produce this kind of person.

Film used to be about cinematics storytelling various other things now it's about how many women you can get in the frame at one time how they don't need no man. They picked sides a long time ago

Why, that's how everyone moves cities in Florida - just put your mobile home up on that trailer and move it to a different park so it can get hurricaned there!

Ah, Florida - America's mullet.

Hey I changed my Avatar back. You said I could on the 18th.
I didn't say anything about your avatar you must have me confused with someone else.

You are so random.

Back
Top Bottom