• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Gov DeSantis Pushes To End Disney Self-Government

I only thought such corporations having special privileges like this y existed in Robo Cop and other similar movies. I didn't know such a thing existed until democrats made a big stink over Disney getting their special status revoked.

Then you haven't been paying attention. There are thousands of agreements in place just like Disney's in Florida alone.

The same people claim that politcians shouldn't give special treatment to corporations, that governments shouldn't be ran by corporations and that corporations are evil some how seem to have to their lips firmly planted on Disney' ****. Those are the ones who seem to have a problem with corporations not being allowed to operate as their own city.

There is little question that the Reedy Creek District has been mutually beneficial for both Disney and the state and people of Florida - and there is little question that ending Reedy Creek will hurt the people of Florida more than it will hurt Disney.

If Disney CEO never made the comment about the "gay bill" would you still want Reed Creek dissolved?

Corporations should not be allowed to have that kind of status period. As I said before maybe because I watched Robocop(Robocop 1,2,3, okay remake and Prime Directives mini series) and movies one too many times that.

I think you are very much mistaken about what people are upset about.
I understand you don't like Disney's special status being revoked because they spoke out against Florida's bill that bans sexuality, gender nonsense and other shit from being taught to little kids.

Corporations should not be allowed to have that kind of status period. As I said before maybe because I watched Robocop(Robocop 1,2,3, okay remake and Prime Directives mini series) and movies one too many times that.
Blame it on the State Legislature for creating them.

A "corporation" cannot form the district. it takes elected officials.

Blame it on the State Legislature for creating them.

A "corporation" cannot form the district. it takes elected officials.
Those elected officials were wrong to do so. Its a shame that it took Disney saying something the Florida government didn't like to revoke that privilege that company should have never had.

I understand you don't like Disney's special status being revoked because they spoke out against Florida's bill that bans sexuality, gender nonsense and other shit from being taught to little kids.
.....and there we have it!

Those elected officials were wrong to do so. Its a shame that it took Disney saying something the Florida government didn't like to revoke that privilege that company should have never had.
That is your opinion.
Evidently the elected officals and the Governor at the time felt it was the right thing to do.
Claude Roy Kirk Jr was the Governor (R)

To prevent it from happening in the future.

To prevent what? How can you prevent something that's never happened? Why is it an issue now...in an election year where he wants to get re-elected?

To prevent what?
Grooming. That's why it's the anti-grooming bill it's to prevent grooming.

How can you prevent something that's never happened?
I'm not so sure it's never happened that's something you said and I don't agree
Why is it an issue now...in an election year where he wants to get re-elected?
Because there's this surge of children that believe they're the opposite sex inside they have been groomed into that that's not natural. Kids do not come up with that on their own there has to be someone to introduce that idea to them.

That is your opinion.
Evidently the elected officals and the Governor at the time felt it was the right thing to do.
Claude Roy Kirk Jr was the Governor (R)
Feeling like it was the right thing to do had nothing to do with it. Considering it was the late 1960s Disney most likely bribed them and there was nothing the public could do about it. Looking at his wikipedia page he was only a one term governor suggesting he wasn't popular.

Feeling like it was the right thing to do had nothing to do with it. Considering it was the late 1960s Disney most likely bribed them and there was nothing the public could do about it. Looking at his wikipedia page he was only a one term governor suggesting he wasn't popular.
and then all the elected officials since 1968 ignored what you feel was a bad deal to form Reedy Creek District. Took Republicans how many years to correct this?
Seems they are all incompetent then. :LOL:

Do you believe other Special Districts in Florida were formed by bribes?

Disney has the right to what ever political opinion they want. They do not have a right to special status or act as their own city.

"...they failed to notice an obscure provision in state law that says the state could not do what legislators were doing — unless the district’s bond debt was paid off. Disney, however, noticed and quietly sent a note to its investors to show that it was confident the Legislature’s attempt to dissolve the special taxing district operating the 39-square mile parcel it owned in two counties violated the “pledge” the state made when it enacted the district in 1967, and therefore was not legal. The result, Disney told its investors, is that it would continue to go about business as usual."

and then all the elected officials since 1968 ignored what you feel was a bad deal to form Reedy Creek District. Took Republicans how many years to correct this?
Seems they are all incompetent then. :LOL:
Its not about incompetence. Money doesn't just talk, it screams.

Do you believe other Special Districts in Florida were formed by bribes?
Most likely yes.

Such a well-informed post. I see you've really made some effort to get all the facts.

Not looking good for Steamboat Willie. Disney made MAGA mad so any extension of Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998 is probably not in the cards.

Uh-oh. It's worse than I thought.

Groom this MAGAts.

Bwhaahahahahahahahahaaaaa

Such a stupid culture war.....typical diversion 9n his part away from the real issues...but they lap it up

Back
Top Bottom