• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Dreaming- Florida to lift all COVID-19 restrictions on restaurants, bars

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Sounds like a trip to Destin is in order. I hope Tennessee is taking notice there Gov Lee.
-----------------

Florida is lifting all coronavirus restrictions on restaurants and bars effective immediately, with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) saying he is also prohibiting local governments from closing businesses or imposing any restrictions without justification.

"There will not be limitations from the state of Florida," DeSantis said during a press conference Friday. "I think this will be very, very important to the industry. Some of the local [governments] can do reasonable regulations, but you can’t say no after six months and just have people twisting in the wind.”

Sounds like a trip to Destin is in order. I hope Tennessee is taking notice there Gov Lee.
-----------------

Florida is lifting all coronavirus restrictions on restaurants and bars effective immediately, with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) saying he is also prohibiting local governments from closing businesses or imposing any restrictions without justification.

"There will not be limitations from the state of Florida," DeSantis said during a press conference Friday. "I think this will be very, very important to the industry. Some of the local [governments] can do reasonable regulations, but you can’t say no after six months and just have people twisting in the wind.”

Who is DeSantis to tell me what I can and can't do with my business? God? You seem fine with a governor who recommends opening the state completely but oppose a governor who wants to impose a mask mandate. Oh my rights.

Who is DeSantis to tell me what I can and can't do with my business? God? You seem fine with a governor who recommends opening the state completely but oppose a governor who wants to impose a mask mandate. Oh my rights.
He is lifting restrictions, but that does not mean that as a business you cannot continue to impose them by limiting the number of people in your establishment at one time, or only allowing people to sit in every other booth, etc. It would be bad for your own business economically, but you could still legally do it.

Correct.

-----------------

Are you okay with Florida opening bars?

-----------------

Tell us how Bars will deal with "social distancing"?

Especially when people get a little tipsy(LOL)

Destin is Trump country.The Redneck Riviera.Destin to us conservatives is like Mecca is to the Muslims.

And why would you want that if there's a pandemic going on?
I support the Governors decision. My personal view though is contracting Covid falls under the Acceptable Risk category.

Excellent; you just guaranteed another surge in infections and death rates. Smart move Vy, real smart. You should run for Governor.

Snake, I would worry about your case increase over in your country than Florida?

I support the Governors decision. My personal view though is contracting Covid falls under the Acceptable Risk category.

My personal view though is contracting Covid falls under the Acceptable Risk category.

Which is a bar?

Hey, at least we now know one of the states that will be hardest hit during the 2nd wave.

Justification? The bad new case and new death virus experience of the entire state is justification to restrict bars and restaurants. There's no health justification to reopen.

Someone has to be first 👍

and all have the opportunity to make it less severe and hurt their communities, state and our country less.

but they're too selfish.

Back
Top Bottom