• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Dreaming- Florida to lift all COVID-19 restrictions on restaurants, bars

Sounds like a trip to Destin is in order. I hope Tennessee is taking notice there Gov Lee.
-----------------

Florida is lifting all coronavirus restrictions on restaurants and bars effective immediately, with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) saying he is also prohibiting local governments from closing businesses or imposing any restrictions without justification.

"There will not be limitations from the state of Florida," DeSantis said during a press conference Friday. "I think this will be very, very important to the industry. Some of the local [governments] can do reasonable regulations, but you can’t say no after six months and just have people twisting in the wind.”

Someone has to be first 👍
When the time is right, yes, now is Not that time. All they will learn is that what the experts warn against is actually true since it has already been proven around the globe.

If these Floridians are dumb enough not to wear mask and pack in to Bars and Other Venues as if the virus is nothing, Maybe the more of them that get infected and get dire sick and/or die because of their ignorance is what they have desired... just as long as their choice of desire does not go about infecting those who abide by the medical professionals advice. When their economy falters and death totals spike further they have no one but themselves to blame. Their vanity, sloth and greed will give them the results of their devotion to it. Ignorance is their Bliss!!!!

Therefore,
As long as
they stay the hell away from people who do respect the deadly nature and deadly impact of this virus and abide by the medical professionals advice.

Florida to lift all COVID-19 restrictions on restaurants, bars

very dumb. if their goal was to make as many people as possible sick, that would be the way to do it. i hope that their governor enjoys his moment in the sun kissing Tweety's ass. a lot of people are likely to pay for it.

I await the case numbers to skyrocket and the hospitals to start being flooded again.

What a fantastic decision this is.

Lockdowns are not the answer. This virus will keep infecting no matter the precautions. Herd immunity is the only way to go.

Lockdowns are not the answer. This virus will keep infecting no matter the precautions. Herd immunity is the only way to go.
Buy yourself a ticket and rush to Florida....

I agree that prolonged full quarantines are simply not sustainable either financially or psychologically. The virus will keep infecting people, what can be mitigated is the scale of those infections. Based on the initial spread prior to restrictions coming into play, the spread was at a level which stretched the medical infrastructure beyond it ability to manage the case loads. Herd immunity might be the answer, but even in that case you'd want to stagger infections out rather than just exposing everyone and have to deal with the consequences that will bring. I can't imagine people going about their business in the middle of a pandemic where they're not certain they'll be treated at a hospital if they need it.

Nearly all Democrats worship the richest people on earth as their gods, demanding that they super rich totally control their lives and furiously insisting that everyone else worship their gods. THERE IS NO ONE - LITERALLY NO ONE - that most Democrats do not worship and voluntarily exist to serve than billionaires.

For example, the richest WHITE PEOPLE RUN corporations and WHITE people on earth have ordered and are paying low income people to destroy their middle class economic competition - literally to demand they be permanently put out of business and if possible burned down and looted . That's who BLM protesters are - the voluntary terrorists of the richest white people on earth.

White male billionaires for Biden. They totally control the Democratic Party and nearly all Democrats now, who demand corporate fascism and the destruction of any competition to the billionaires the exist to serve.

I was told on the DP that the richest people are Republicans. That’s why we needed to give the corporations the big tax breaks that we gave them under President Trumps administration.

If these Floridians are dumb enough not to wear mask and pack in to Bars and Other Venues as if the virus is nothing, Maybe the more of them that get infected and get dire sick and/or die because of their ignorance is what they have desired... just as long as their choice of desire does not go about infecting those who abide by the medical professionals advice. When their economy falters and death totals spike further they have no one but themselves to blame. Their vanity, sloth and greed will give them the results of their devotion to it. Ignorance is their Bliss!!!!

Therefore,
As long as
they stay the hell away from people who do respect the deadly nature and deadly impact of this virus and abide by the medical professionals advice.

• 1 John 2:15-17
    Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world -- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does -- comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

This explains why those who Right Winger's who pretend to be so Godly, can't keep themselves away from the lustful things, even for the safety of their own lives and the respect of the safety of the lives of others. .

You first.
I don't fight against Medical Advise... nor do I lust to go to bars and eateries and other highly infectious places.

I feel bad for the people who have lost those jobs, or the people who have investment losses, But... I also lay fault on the Government for not stepping in, and "Establishing a Rent Freeze on Every Eatery Establishment that was or is closed due to COVID. The Government also could have provided them assistance for their employees... rather than the money to Publicly Traded Companies. Every Public Traded Company should have been required to have "Reserves", especially after the situation with the 2007 Crash, they should have not been allow to over leverage themselves, and mandates to have working reserves. Rather than going crazy borrowing against stock ticker speculation fictions.

We need more Humane and Civic concerned intelligence and society respecting ethical people in our Government and in Our Congress... The sooner we get Right Wing Conservatives OUT of Governance, we can then fix our nation, its economy and build for "Stability"... RATHER THAN Spinning Fiction For the Sake Of Greed.

Not all states have same mitigation methods the blanket statement does not apply. Yet no concerns relative to collateral damage caused by lockdowns.

The cost to human life is higher than the collateral damage to the economy.

I fear that his recklessness will cost more than a few hundred Americans their lives.

It certainly will if he applies this standard to other FL cities in addition to Destin.

I fear that his recklessness will cost more than a few hundred Americans their lives.
It may well go into the "Thousands".. with all the people who see Florida as a Hedonistic Playground.

When the time is right, yes, now is Not that time. All they will learn is that what the experts warn against is actually true since it has already been proven around the globe.
Acceptable risk. Time to move on

The cost to human life is higher than the collateral damage to the economy.
Human life is being ruined in many ways re: lockdown. Busy tending a scrape on the arm while bleeding out at the feet.

Acceptable risk. Time to move on
You think risking avoidable sickness and death is an "acceptable" idea? I wish I was as sensible as you. Here's someone who thought the same way:

You tell me what the difference is between playing 'chicken' with a speeding train, and attending a Trump rally, unmasked. Ok, death is less instantaneous at a Trump rally...

You think risking avoidable sickness and death is an "acceptable" idea? I wish I was as sensible as you. Here's someone who thought the same way:

You tell me what the difference is between playing 'chicken' with a speeding train, and attending a Trump rally, unmasked. Ok, death is less instantaneous at a Trump rally...

1601296042570.jpeg

The virus has culled pretty much those who were at risk of dying.
No it hasn't. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention to the rising numbers of deaths and infections in the US, especially among the young and those assumed to be less at risk.
"During June-August, the Covid-19 pandemic in the United States affected a larger proportion of younger persons than during January-May. The shift toward younger ages occurred in all four US census regions, regardless of changes in incidence in this period".

Last edited:

I have often said that far left wingers use the identical tactics that Christianity has for centuries to get and keep converts. The left has turned into a frigging cult. An evangelical can and does use the same scare tactic as you are using to scare young kids into a belief when they are ridiculed about the existence of hell. The scare tactic is, "It's OK. You don't have to believe ME, but if you don't, you will burn for eternity in hell!!!" Growing up as a Christian (Catholics ARE Christians) your type of cajoling and frightening is used on children when they question the validity of believing. It goes something like "Wouldn't you want to warn someone if they were about to drive off a cliff?"

While I am aware and on the lookout for such tactics among my family members and other members of the "faith" I am really amused and amazed at how adeptly the left has adopted the very same control mechanisms of cults, as well as discouraged and disappointed that the tribalism still is entrenched in society so that others don't blast this tactic that is used when the believer has no facts.

Back
Top Bottom