• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Counties Refuse Following Judge's Court Order

FreeWits

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I mentioned Broward County as problematic, but Palm Beach County is problematic as well, and now they are actively defying the judge's court order.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...ution-violated-in-broward-county/77-613042116

UPDATE: Congressman Matt Gaetz stated on CNN (Chris Cuomo's show) that he was denied observation along with Scott's campaign members. They were there at the ordered 7:00pm ET, and they were told to come back at 10:00am ET.

Last edited:
I mentioned Broward County as problematic, but Palm Beach County is problematic as well, and now they are actively defying the judge's court order.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...ution-violated-in-broward-county/77-613042116

UPDATE: Congressman Matt Gaetz stated on CNN (Chris Cuomo's show) that he was denied observation along with Scott's campaign members. They were there at the ordered 7:00pm ET, and they were told to come back at 10:00am ET.

The Florida Highway Patrol should be booting the door and seizing the ballot boxes right now.

I mean since we're clearly making up the rules as we go let's turn up the tempurature.

Count.... the.... votes...

illegally.... out.... of.... view.... of..... poll..... watchers....in........violation.......of........court.....order...

My heart breaks for my country.

Why is it always Florida?

If they were going to swing the vote one way or another they would already had done it. Now this brings the whole country's attention on them which a crook wouldn't want.

Whenever I think of Florida this is the first picture that pops in my head.

th[1].jpg

The Florida Highway Patrol should be booting the door and seizing the ballot boxes right now.

I mean since we're clearly making up the rules as we go let's turn up the tempurature.

Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz said it's up to the state government to intervene, so that's probably what's going to happen, especially because they are apparently Republican.

Rick "The Dick" Scott reminds me of Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán in how he uses his money in an effort to buy his way into office.

With five days left before the election, he had already contributed more than $60mil -

In all, the Republican has contributed more than $64 million of his own money into his Senate bid, nearly reaching the $70 million he spent to the win the governor's mansion in 2010...

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...-more-of-his-wealth-into-florida-senate-race/

RickScott.jpg

RickTheDick has to pin his victory hopes on the "Florida Old School Policy" of buying an election.

This is really funny if not really sad.

So this boils down to Republican yelling "stop counting....stop counting". Laughable as always...absurd really. The county's job is to complete the count and validate its vote tally. It is entirely acceptable to file a suit before an Election or after a county has completed its duty to count and validate. Stopping a county from counting, completing and validating is laughably absurd. Then again, we have been the theater of the absurd since at least Nov 2016....maybe even since chadgate years before that.

This is really funny if not really sad.

So this boils down to Republican yelling "stop counting....stop counting". Laughable as always...absurd really. The county's job is to complete the count and validate its vote tally. It is entirely acceptable to file a suit before an Election or after a county has completed its duty to count and validate. Stopping a county from counting, completing and validating is laughably absurd. Then again, we have been the theater of the absurd since at least Nov 2016....maybe even since chadgate years before that.

If all the counting stopped last night there would still need to be a recount. I don't understand what all the hoopla is about it.

Let me help acquaint some of you with "Good Ole Boy" Matt Gaetz. His family connections helped help elude at least one DUI conviction.

Drunk driving and traffic violations
In 2008, Gaetz was arrested for a DUI as he was driving back from the Swamp, a nightclub on Okaloosa Island, Florida. While he was arrested and refused to take a breathalyzer test, "he didn't have his license suspended for a year when he refused the breath test—as Florida law dictates. And he didn't have that refusal used against him in a criminal proceeding." At the time of his arrest and consequent criminal proceedings, his father was serving as a local politician. The attorneys agreed to drop the case, despite the fact that the police reported that "Gaetz fumbled for his license and registration, his eyes were watery and bloodshot, and he swayed and staggered when he got out of the car," and Gaetz cited the dropped charges as proof that he was innocent.[65]
Between 1999 and 2014, Gaetz received 16 speeding tickets in Florida.[66]
View attachment 67242503

To trust Matt Gaetz speaks to an abominable level of ignorance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Gaetz

If all the counting stopped last night there would still need to be a recount. I don't understand what all the hoopla is about it.

That is a very good point. The cries to "stop counting" are fraught with more opportunity at fraud since at least forcing the county to finish and validate that it finished leaves the County on the hook to support its claim. Stopping the count is patently absurd and an invitation to mess with the tally while leaving nobody on the hook for anything!

Congressman Gaetz screaming to be let in was comical. I would not let him near the front door until the county finished the vote and validated its tally and if Gaetz was not up to no good or had a brain in his head, that is what he would want.

Besides all the deflection, why can’t we follow law and court orders? Does it obstruct the counting some how? If Democrats really cared about the vote and transparency, if they were not up to no good, they would want that.

That is a very good point. The cries to "stop counting" are fraught with more opportunity at fraud since at least forcing the county to finish and validate that it finished leaves the County on the hook to support its claim. Stopping the count is patently absurd and an invitation to mess with the tally while leaving nobody on the hook for anything!

Congressman Gaetz screaming to be let in was comical. I would not let him near the front door until the county finished the vote and validated its tally and if Gaetz was not up to no good or had a brain in his head, that is what he would want.

So you are on board with the Democrats refusing to follow the court orders then?

Besides all the deflection, why can’t we follow law and court orders? Does it obstruct the counting some how? If Democrats really cared about the vote and transparency, if they were not up to no good, they would want that.

There is no transparency without responsibility and the only way to assign responsibility is to allow the County to complete its count and validate it.

This is a classic dodge. Stop the activity of the only agent with responsibility, fool with the activity and then claim that "nobody really knows what happened" and nobody is actually responsible.

You can't stop them doing the job that you want to criticize them for doing. You have to wait for them to have done it OR, don't let it start which is the problem they have in Arizona.

They had complaints about the system in Arizona but did nothing but raise an eyebrow. Well if you really cared, file a lawsuit against the state system BEFORE the election. I will bet the house that since their effort to lawsuit their way to stop the counting has failed, once the full count is in they will drop their lawsuit and will not raise lawsuit against the State for its system. They will wait to file another lawsuit to stop counting when a vote count is in process again in 2020. Watch!

Back
Top Bottom