• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida coronavirus deaths reach another grisly record as state grapples with testing constraints

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Florida reported 276 new deaths caused by the coronavirus on Tuesday, marking the highest number of deaths reported in a single day by the state since the pandemic began.
That brings the total number of Covid-19 deaths in Florida to 8,553, according to the state’s department of health. Florida also reported 5,886 new cases of the virus, bringing the cumulative total to 542,792 confirmed cases across the state since the outbreak began.
Source: (CNBC) Florida coronavirus deaths reach another grisly record as state grapples with testing constraints

I think there's an interesting take-away from this sad news. After looking at recent FL charts, it seems the peak of daily infected was nearly a month ago (JUL 13) at around 12K. Today, FL had 6K daily infections, and clearly seems to be on a downward slope (for now). Yet the deaths still hit a peak, today. I think this data supports the 'deaths lag infected' theory. I earlier suggested the lag is around a month. It seems it might be, or pretty close (3-4 weeks).

Here's the chart I used for the 'daily infected' data:

CASES811-701x436.jpg

Source: (Tallahassee Reports) August 11: Tracking Florida COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, and Fatalities

Here's another chart from this last source for 'daily deaths':

DEATHS811.jpg

Just stop testing, numbers will fall, everything will be okay... "it'll go away"... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom