• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida company (170 employees) threatens permanent layoffs if Biden wins

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Well, the huge Trump supporting owner didn't exactly do it that way. He was way more sneaky. Check this out...

"The head of that company put letters in pay stub envelopes saying if President Trump doesn’t win re-election, they might lose their jobs.

Our NBC affiliate station WESH 2 News spoke to some of the 170 employees as they were heading home from Daniels Manufacturing in Orlando, where a Trump banner is displayed on the flag pole out front.

Some said they were voting for Trump, while others we spoke to said they were upset to receive a letter obtained through a company source from DMC president George Daniels.

The letter warns: “If Trump and the Republicans win (the election), DMC will hopefully be able to continue operating, more or less as it has been operating lately.”

“However, if Biden and the Democrats win, DMC could be forced to begin permanent layoffs beginning in late 2020 and/or early 2021.”

“Everybody has a choice to make their own decision,” employee Stan Smith said.

Smith says the letter, which he considered offensive, is one of the reasons he’s quitting.

Other workers, who told us they were too afraid to be fired to speak with us, said they felt intimidated by the letter."

Well, the huge Trump supporting owner didn't exactly do it that way. He was way more sneaky. Check this out...

"The head of that company put letters in pay stub envelopes saying if President Trump doesn’t win re-election, they might lose their jobs.

Our NBC affiliate station WESH 2 News spoke to some of the 170 employees as they were heading home from Daniels Manufacturing in Orlando, where a Trump banner is displayed on the flag pole out front.

Some said they were voting for Trump, while others we spoke to said they were upset to receive a letter obtained through a company source from DMC president George Daniels.

The letter warns: “If Trump and the Republicans win (the election), DMC will hopefully be able to continue operating, more or less as it has been operating lately.”

“However, if Biden and the Democrats win, DMC could be forced to begin permanent layoffs beginning in late 2020 and/or early 2021.”

Smith says the letter, which he considered offensive, is one of the reasons he’s quitting.

Other workers, who told us they were too afraid to be fired to speak with us, said they felt intimidated by the letter."
Its what's called good conservative republican values. What's not to like?

I wonder if a good lawyer could make a case for employer intimidation?
It would appear that is the case,

Florida. Employers may not discharge or threaten to discharge employees for their voting activities with respect to any local election. Coercion of an individual with respect to the individual's registration to vote or other voting activity is prohibited.

Its what's called good conservative republican values. What's not to like?
maybe we should add this to that funny thread about Republican Values.

Interesting that the paper seems to be protecting the owners of the company.

given all the tax increases biden is going to hoist on businesses yes i say the letter is accurate.

given all the tax increases biden is going to hoist on businesses yes i say the letter is accurate.
Shouldn’t the owner be worried since their business is a part of the military contractors problem? Trump doesn’t like that at all.

Just like the malignant narcissist says everyday. Not responsible at all.
Who is responsible for the hundreds of thousands of babies murdered in abortions (about 63 million since 1973). About 650,000 per year. I don't hear cries from the democrats for those deaths, which are easily stopped.

Who is responsible for the hundreds of thousands of babies murdered in abortions (about 63 million since 1973). About 650,000 per year. I don't hear cries from the democrats for those deaths, which are easily stopped.
That is certainly relevant to the op. LOL! They have threads about abortion where you can post your religious zealotry crappola.

It would appear that is the case,

How so? I see no evidence presented here that the employer is threatening people to vote a certain way.

If I remember correctly a bunch of companies threatened the same thing if President Obama won re-election back in 2012. I don't remember hearing anything about it after the election.

Florida company (170 employees) threatens permanent layoffs if Biden wins

same shit, different day.

How so? I see no evidence presented here that the employer is threatening people to vote a certain way.
Elections have consequences, employees were simply being made aware of what their employer feels may become necessary for the business to do as a result.

The letter warns: “If Trump and the Republicans win (the election), DMC will hopefully be able to continue operating, more or less as it has been operating lately.
“However, if Biden and the Democrats win, DMC could be forced to begin permanent layoffs beginning in late 2020 and/or early 2021.

Regardless of who wins the election, employees should prepare for any possible consequences upon their income.

I'm retired and I do that every time elections take place, as well as in between.

How about if the employees tell them "If Trump wins we're going to shoot your dog, go to your house and burn it down."
Well that sounds like a genuine threat and should be prosecuted accordingly, were it to occur.

Seems reasonable to me. When I ran my business if I found out any employee voted Democrat, or was an anti-American communist leftist, I fired them on the spot. Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 I had that authority.

Seems reasonable to me. When I ran my business if I found out any employee voted Democrat, or was an anti-American communist leftist, I fired them on the spot.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seems reasonable to me. When I ran my business if I found out any employee voted Democrat, or was an anti-American communist leftist, I fired them on the spot. Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 I had that authority.

Employees should take you to court and bust you on top of that. Then your company should lose all preferential tax codes thus saying " stand on your own two feet hot shot"! Same goes for Daniels Manufacturing!

Employees should take you to court and bust you on top of that. Then your company should lose all preferential tax codes thus saying " stand on your own two feet hot shot"! Same goes for Daniels Manufacturing!
Why? I was abiding by federal law. Under 42 U.S. Code § 2000e-2(f) I can legally discriminate against anti-American leftist filth.
As used in this subchapter, the phrase “unlawful employment practice” shall not be deemed to include any action or measure taken by an employer, labor organization, joint labor-management committee, or employment agency with respect to an individual who is a member of the Communist Party of the United States or of any other organization required to register as a Communist-action or Communist-front organization by final order of the Subversive Activities Control Board pursuant to the Subversive Activities Control Act of 1950 [50 U.S.C. 781 et seq.].

Are we going to just ignore the FACT that if Biden wins there will be MASSIVE permanent layoffs throughout our nation?

Back
Top Bottom