• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida bill would ban young girls from discussing periods in school

dear Lord......where did this guy come from.....and surely the people of Florida are not this stupid......hmmm....oh wait ...yes they are....they elected him
a few liberals and progressives on this forum live in Florida. Sure you want to make that statement?

a few liberals and progressives on this forum live in Florida. Sure you want to make that statement?

Some good people live in Florida. The rest are jerks. This particularly goes for the Panhandle, Home of Florida Man.

I have very good reason to believe the few "liberals" and "progressives" on this Forum that live in Florida had absolutely no part in electing Ronny D aka Little Adolph to the Governorship of Florida. No, it was all done by MAGAT Floridians and or other less than politically sensible Floridians.

Does anyone know of anything Desantis is actually FOR? I mean he's;
  • Against girls talking about their periods
  • Against education (teachers and books)
  • Against CRT
  • Against "Woke" (which is so undefined & general that when he finds something he dislikes he tags it with "woke" and then attacks it)
I mean, WTF is this guy for doing aside from deconstructing?
God chose him to do these things. lol So, he's for himself.

I have very good reason to believe the few "liberals" and "progressives" on this Forum that live in Florida had absolutely no part in electing Ronny D aka Little Adolph to the Governorship of Florida. No, it was all done by MAGAT Floridians and or other less than politically sensible Floridians.
I'm going down to visit my aunt in a couple of weeks, and while I love her dearly, I dread the inevitable political talk. Her husband is 100% Trump, and even though she promised he would keep a lid on it....I'm skeptical. **sigh**

I feel for them. We almost had Scary Lake as Gov. in AZ. I was sweating bullets and worried I'd have to start packing my stuff. It was tight. Too tight.
Our Gov. race was tighter than it has been in years, and tighter than anyone expected, and while I'm not the biggest fan of our Gov., I certainly didn't want Zeldin.

"As Florida Republicans are introducing and advancing a wave of bills on gender and diversity that are likely to be signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), one GOP lawmaker acknowledged this week that his proposed sexual health bill would ban girls from talking about their menstrual cycles in school.

...McClain’s proposed legislation is among a spate of new Republican-sponsored bills that could reshape K-12 and higher education in Florida. Bills filed by GOP state representatives and senators in recent weeks range from requiring teachers to use pronouns matching children’s sex as assigned at birth to establishing a universal school-choice voucher program. Other proposed legislation would eliminate college majors in gender studies, cut diversity efforts at universities and job protections for tenured faculty, strengthen parents’ ability to veto K-12 class materials and extend a ban on teaching about gender and sexuality — from third grade up to eighth grade."

Link

The Republicans are running quite the repressive regime in Florida. Power has really gone to their heads.

The right-wingers may tell us that it is not age appropriate for a girl to talk about her own period.
I do not want to see what absolutely disgusting ****ery will occur if this becomes law and they attempt to enforce it.

Disturbing that some want to see DeSantis, as leader of the Republicans in Florida, be the next POTUS.
The Florida Republicans seem to be proposing or passing ever increasing draconian pieces of legislation weekly.

I went to Catholic school a good number of years ago and I remember in the 5th grade, the boys went out of the room and the girls got a book "Now You Are 10". Believe it or not, the nun even went through the book with us. That was in the days when it was all nuns teaching and all still in habits.

"As Florida Republicans are introducing and advancing a wave of bills on gender and diversity that are likely to be signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), one GOP lawmaker acknowledged this week that his proposed sexual health bill would ban girls from talking about their menstrual cycles in school.

...McClain’s proposed legislation is among a spate of new Republican-sponsored bills that could reshape K-12 and higher education in Florida. Bills filed by GOP state representatives and senators in recent weeks range from requiring teachers to use pronouns matching children’s sex as assigned at birth to establishing a universal school-choice voucher program. Other proposed legislation would eliminate college majors in gender studies, cut diversity efforts at universities and job protections for tenured faculty, strengthen parents’ ability to veto K-12 class materials and extend a ban on teaching about gender and sexuality — from third grade up to eighth grade."

Link

The Republicans are running quite the repressive regime in Florida. Power has really gone to their heads.

The right-wingers may tell us that it is not age appropriate for a girl to talk about her own period.
Can you show which part of the legislation that prevents anyone from talking about a woman's period?

Thanks in advance.

Link

I have noticed you often leave out the good news, and, truth be told, I often do the opposite. That said, the good news is that young boys will be able to freely discuss periods.

MAGA.

Can you show which part of the legislation that prevents anyone from talking about a woman's period?

Thanks in advance.

From the author of the bill himself:

“So if little girls experience their menstrual cycle in fifth grade or fourth grade, will that prohibit conversations from them since they are in the grade lower than sixth grade?” Gantt asked.

McClain responded, “It would.”

Those misguided posters simply need to renounce their vile lib-prog stances and join the MAGAsphere post-haste.

They will be warmly welcomed, and each will receive a MAGA hat from me free of charge save for shipping and handling.

MAGA.

Link

There is no bodily function they are not obsessed with getting Govt. to control. I am waiting for them to follow we into the toilet.

Link

FLORIDA: Republic of Gilead by 2024!

Link

That Republican doesn't believe in America. What part of "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech..." does he not get?

My Bible makes it perfectly clear that women are unclean during their "lady times" and are untouchables until they've been cleared by a religious leader to return to decent society.

WHY DO YOU HATE THE BIBLE LIBZ

That Republican doesn't believe in America. What part of "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech..." does he not get?
With a 5 to 4 majority of MAGA justices on the Supreme Court thanks to Trump, our Constitution can mean practically anything or nothing.

MAGA.

My Bible makes it perfectly clear that women are unclean during their "lady times" and are untouchables until they've been cleared by a religious leader to return to decent society.

WHY DO YOU HATE THE BIBLE LIBZ
Initially, I misread Bible for Biden in your post and was in full agreement, but after re-reading and recognizing the Bible part, my agreement has been shattered.

MAGA.

Back
Top Bottom