• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida atheist petitions to ban the Bible in schools: "If they're gonna ban books…apply their own standards to themselves and ban the Bible" |

The bible is full of instances of violence, genocide, rape, incest, etc.
The atheist certainly have a case.
If you think the King James version is bad read the original.

Its not much different than the disgusting and vile Koran.

These books corrupt young minds.

But they aren’t in the library to be checked out.
Placing Bible, in any or all of its various versions, on the reference shelves of a public school library does not violate either Article I, section 11, or Article IX, section 4.

No state currently bans teaching evolution entirely, thank goodness.

As a matter of fact the teaching of evolution is compulsory in publicly funded schools.

All the while the Bible may or may not sit on the reference shelf in the school library.

Placing Bible, in any or all of its various versions, on the reference shelves of a public school library does not violate either Article I, section 11, or Article IX, section 4.

Ah, well I stand corrected, then. I don’t think it should be in public school libraries.

No state currently bans teaching evolution entirely, thank goodness.

As a matter of fact the teaching of evolution is compulsory in publicly funded schools.

All the while the Bible may or may not sit on the reference shelf in the school library.
Unlike the schools in the Middle East and North Africa where kids are brainwashed right from the start.

I mean take a close look at those backward looking countries where religion is meshed into schools and government.

Morality police running the streets in Saudi Arabia looking for anyone who violate any rule layed out by the Koran.

A Taliban religious enforcer beating a woman for removing her burqa headpiece in public

Taliban_beating_woman_in_public_RAWA.jpg

We have faith based schools in America. Are they brain washing people?

If you think the King James version is bad read the original.

Its not much different than the disgusting and vile Koran.

These books corrupt young minds.
Agree.
And yet the far right is all for having the bible in school libraries but god forbid if there is a childrens book there about gay parents or gay relationships.

And yet the far right is all for having the bible in school libraries but god forbid if there is a childrens book there about gay parents or gay relationships
I fall slightly left of center with my political views, I listen to NPR news on the radio in my car and at home sometimes.

There are days when all they talk about are gays, trans, bathrooms, etc.. They go on and on and on, I mean give it a break.

Give it a break and maybe the right would back off.

The bible is full of instances of violence, genocide, rape, incest, etc.
The atheist certainly have a case.
Yes, they do have a point there!
Even many points!

Florida atheist petitions to ban the Bible in schools: "If they're gonna ban books…apply their own standards to themselves and ban the Bible" | He cites age inappropriateness; social-emotional learning; and mentions of bestiality, rape, and slavery. Each reason is accompanied by a Bible excerpt.

Logical! (y)(y)

That Chaz Stevens has a point!

Back
Top Bottom