• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried tells offices to disregard DeSantis order to lower flags in Limbaugh's honor

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

How long before she and her family are threatened by the Cult?

“Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool. Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor's forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh – because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division,” Fried said in a statement Monday.

“Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them,” she added. “Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”
"
Meet Nicole “Nikki” Fried, the marijuana lobbyist and Fort Lauderdale  attorney running for agriculture commissioner

Screw Rush Limbaugh, all he stands for, all those who support him. and anyone who would seek to honor his legacy of hate, ignorance, and division.

Kudos to Nikki Fried for showing some courage, though I imagine the death threats are already on their way.

Screw Rush Limbaugh, all he stands for, all those who support him. and anyone who would seek to honor his legacy of hate, ignorance, and division.

Kudos to Nikki Fried for showing some courage, though I imagine the death threats are already on their way.
I've always paid really close attention to Rush and Sean defenders. They are screaming and telling us all what's really in their hearts.

She’s the only statewide elected official, winning by only 7 k. Fried dropped a hint last week she could run for governor against DeSantis.

"I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor's forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh – because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division,” Fried said in a statement Monday.

“Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them,” she added. “Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”

Wow, spot-on, sounds like a smart, honest, educated, objective lady . . . of course I don't know here but what she said here was spot on.

I said it before and I'll say it again, to think rush was a good person or a hero or idol etc takes one or more of these three things:

1.) Topical ignorance (you simply don’t know what a vile person he was)
2.) Dishonesty (you lie about what a vile person he was)
3.) You share his bigoted and hateful views so it doesn’t matter

Wow, spot-on, sounds like a smart, honest, educated, objective lady . . . of course I don't know here but what she said here was spot on.

I said it before and I'll say it again, to think rush was a good person or a hero or idol etc takes one or more of these three things:

1.) Topical ignorance (you simply don’t know what a vile person he was)
2.) Dishonesty (you lie about what a vile person he was)
3.) You share his bigoted and hateful views so it doesn’t matter
He was a horrible human.

Is this her call?

If so I don’t give a crap.

If not she should be removed. You don’t get to do whatever you want in government. Powers are delegated.

If you’re the US Secretary of Treasury you don’t get to declare war on Lithuania.

Bottom line is she will fold and do like she is told to do.It will be fun to see her put in her place.

I don’t know, but I’d guess this is the governor’s call. If she has some basis in the rule of law then fine, but otherwise she has no basis to substitute her opinion over the legally granted authority.

When she is ordered to lower the flag she will say it is to honor the Covid deaths and not Rush.This was all pre planned.

Is this her call?

If not she should be removed. You don’t get to do whatever you want in government. Powers are delegated.

If you’re the US Secretary of Treasury you don’t get to declare war on Lithuania.

So, legal and moral are one and the same. Good thing, otherwise America has a long list of immoral deeds to account for.

She put the (cancel) culture in agriculture.

How long before she and her family are threatened by the Cult?

“Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool. Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor's forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh – because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division,” Fried said in a statement Monday.

"
Meet Nicole “Nikki” Fried, the marijuana lobbyist and Fort Lauderdale  attorney running for agriculture commissioner

Cheap and easy way to get into national headlines. Would we ever have known her or cared without this trivial stunt.

Think I’ll look at the half staff flags the old man ordered and remember Rush.

Is this her call?

You could always click the link to the article and inform yourself.

Lowering flags for a radio presenter is stupid, doesn't matter who it is. If Democrats wanted to lower the flag for someone like Stephen Colbert, that would also be stupid, although Colbert has the benefit of not being a racist, homophobic piece of trash.

So, legal and moral are one and the same. Good thing, otherwise America has a long list of immoral deeds to account for.

No, they aren’t but while she’s serving in her capacity as a government official “legal” is the one that counts.

You could always click the link to the article and inform yourself.

My version of the article doesn’t seem to cover this. Where did you see a legal analysis in there?

In the version I have she states an opinion, but I see no evidenced offered her opinion is the one that matters under the law.

My version of the article doesn’t seem to cover this. Where did you see a legal analysis in there?

In the version I have she states an opinion, but I see no evidenced offered her opinion is the one that matters under the law.
*sigh*

She said none of the offices she directs (aka, she's the boss) will lower the flag to half-staff.

Cheap and easy way to get into national headlines. Would we ever have known her or cared without this trivial stunt.
Having the governor of Florida lower the flags for a hate monger on AM radio wasn't a stunt at all.

It's only the people that don't want to lower the flags for a hate monger that are playing politics.

Having the governor of Florida lower the flags for a hate monger on AM radio wasn't a stunt at all.

It's only the people that don't want to lower the flags for a hate monger that are playing politics.

Wrong again! Both were playing politics. I noted the obscure one. Nuance can be tricky for some.

*sigh*

She said none of the offices she directs (aka, she's the boss) will lower the flag to half-staff.

This does not address the question I asked even slightly,

My question was “is this her call?”.

If the law allows her to make the call on flags at the state's Agriculture buildings then, fine, more power to her. If the law vests this power in the Governor then she should be removed. State government officials are bound to follow state law. If she can’t or won’t do that she should not be allowed to serve.

But maybe you’re right and FL is set up so powers cascade down to lower level officials who can change the calls from people above them. Maybe the guy who runs the local Pensacola office is allowed to reverse her call again, or say "I’m the boss of this office, I’m gonna fly the flag at half mast for my late dog Scraps”. Maybe the guy in charge of the flag pole at the Pensacola office gets to override him. I would be somewhat surprised to find this to be the case, but I’m willing to be convinced with arguments rooted in the law.

You’re entitled to your own opinion, but you’re not entitled to your own laws.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom