• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida’s vile ‘groomer’ law may soon blow up in DeSantis’s face

Are you saying you do not agree with the title of the article you posted?

Of course I agree with it, my response was to your comment #98 which failed to provide the appropriate mention. Now that you are called out, you tell the readers - "Oh, I meant the story in the OP." Shoulda done that in #98

Of course I agree with it, my response was to your comment #98 which failed to provide the appropriate mention. Now that you are called out, you tell the readers - "Oh, I meant the story in the OP." Shoulda done that in #98
Of course you do.
Which is why posting an article with such a headline shows you are confused, as stated.
What is really funny was that you think the law says they can't say gay when it doesn't say that at all. Of course you are confused.

Of course you do.
Which is why posting an article with such a headline shows you are confused, as stated.
What is really funny was that you think the law says they can't say gay when it doesn't say that at all. Of course you are confused.
Then why are books that show same sex parents being banned? Isn't that banning gay?

Then why are books that show same sex parents being banned? Isn't that banning gay?
Seriously? Are you really unable to make a valid and rational argument?

No where does the legislation ban the word "gay".

Seriously? Are you really unable to make a valid and rational argument?

No where does the legislation ban the word "gay".
It bans books that depict gay people. Are you saying that is different? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: This is Fahrenheit 451 plain and simple.

It bans books that depict gay people. Are you saying that is different? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
When it doesn't ban the word "gay" as claimed? That is absolutely different.

When it doesn't ban the word "gay" as claimed? That is absolutely different.
It's worse than that. It bans the CONCEPT of gay from all curriculum. What are the children of gay parents going to think about that? Did you even think about that?

Lawyers can always find a way to play with a law in ways that seemingly contradict the intentions of those who wrote the law and those who support it. Passing a law that restricts the free speech rights of a citizen must be vague enough in its wordings that the restrictions don't apply to any individual or group and instead affects everyone. No matter how conservative or oppressive a legislature may be, they must follow the Constitution - Florida could not pass a law that tells teachers they Can't Say Gay. Funny how the vagueness of the phrases may used against the intentions of the formulators.
One of the more interesting things that one learns in the military is how to really screw things up by actually following the actual words of the actual rules and regulations.

Another of the more interesting things that one learns in the military is how to really make things happen by actually following the actual words of the actual rules and regulations.

The trick is to know ALL the rules and to use the ones that you want to use to accomplish your goal.

Not knowing what ANY of the rules are is a sure-fire way of getting screwed MUCH more frequently than you succeed.

Basic historical ignorance is paramount to the rightist agenda. The right's belief that a "family" can only be a female and male partnership is only a couple of centuries old in Western societies.

Sorry, but no. It's as old as human history. It's how you were conceived and born.

It's how every single person on this planet arrived here.

There is no "Don't say Gay Law" so I guess the law students just get a free period.

What else do you call the law that was titled "Don't Say Gay" and signed as such by my evil governor? It has always been known as the "Don't Say Gay" law from the beginning.

No, but there is a Constitutional right that prevents the government from retaliating against private entities because of their political speech.

Specifically speech or are you mixing it up with the press? The words are not interchangeable.

What else do you call the law that was titled "Don't Say Gay" and signed as such by my evil governor? It has always been known as the "Don't Say Gay" law from the beginning.
Someone lied to you; It wasn't titled "Don't Say Gay".

Back
Top Bottom