• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida’s vile ‘groomer’ law may soon blow up in DeSantis’s face

You don't decide what my 5-year-old learns. This is why millions are abandoning your stupid woke party.

Go ahead and double down while Democrats lose seats and WH - I can't wait. Neither can the American people.

You and your team of dummies is going to learn who supports what in the election. Enjoy the life lesson.
It's almost as if the Progressives and Democrats are just begging for the Republicans to take over because they realize the party' ratings are in the toilet along with Biden's performance as president.

Like a drunk handing the keys over to his wife and saying, "You better take over and drive because I have no idea where I am going or how I am going to get there".

You should try reading the words quoted in the OP's link before posting words that indicate you failed to read all of the quoted words.

"So what’s to stop parents from bringing actions against school boards from the other side — against references to heterosexuality or cisgenderism that can be deemed “instruction” in “sexual orientation or gender identity”?

“If a teacher can’t assign a story about a young girl who comes home after school to her two mommies, that teacher also can’t assign a book about a young girl who comes home to her mommy and daddy.”

In a classic "cover your ass" move, one may read - if they choose to do so - the sentence in Bill 1557, which follows a paragraph about parental rights to all information about a child's "mental, emotional, or physical health or well-being"

"This sub-paragraph does not prohibit a school district from adopting procedures that permit school personnel to withhold such information from a parent if a reasonably prudent person would believe that disclosure would result in abuse, abandonment or neglect"

the words may be read in Section 8, para 2 of the bill
Nothing is stopping them but it's a hill they along with the teachers unions probably don't want to die on.

Lawyers can always find a way to play with a law in ways that seemingly contradict the intentions of those who wrote the law and those who support it. Passing a law that restricts the free speech rights of a citizen must be vague enough in its wordings that the restrictions don't apply to any individual or group and instead affects everyone. No matter how conservative or oppressive a legislature may be, they must follow the Constitution - Florida could not pass a law that tells teachers they Can't Say Gay. Funny how the vagueness of the phrases may used against the intentions of the formulators.
There is no unprecedented restriction of citizen's right to free speech. These are government officials, holding government jobs. These positions have all kinds of regulations regulations and restrictions on them.

We are a Right of Center nation and that is why the Progressives and the hopeless Democrats will not be in charge of Congress after November. They simply cannot see how they are trying to drag society in the wrong direction.
A new Gallup poll released Thursday showed that two-thirds of Americans said protecting the environment should be a higher priority than economic growth and only three-in-10 who said economic growth should be given priority, even if the environment suffers to some extent.

And

Another poll out this week by Pew Research Center found that Americans' biggest frustration regarding the country's tax system isn't the amount they pay, but that corporations and the wealthy don't pay their fair share.

Overall, 62% said that the feeling that some corporations don't pay their fair share bothers them a lot and 60% said the same of wealthy people. Those are both made up of huge majorities of Democrats -- 79% of Democrats who said those bother them a lot (on both). Independents were in a majority, as well, 62% who were bothered by corporations not paying their fair share, and 60% wealthy people, while 42% and 37% of Republicans said the same, respectively.

Guns, Quinnipiac University poll (March 1-4, 2019): 60% of registered voters support stricter gun laws in the US

The border wall with Mexico, CNN poll conducted by SSRS (January 10-11): 56% oppose building a wall along the entire border with Mexico

Abortion, Fox News poll (February 10-12): 57% of Americans said the Supreme Court should let Roe v Wade stand, 21% overturn

DACA, CNN poll conducted by SSRS (February 20-23, 2018): 83% of Americans said they want to continue the policy and allow immigrants who meet the qualifications to remain in the US

Etc.

Seems most Americans agree with liberals.

No it doesn’t. The constitution does not protect communication of the idea sodomy is equal to naturally ordered acts
'Naturally ordered' includes rape, child marriage and super-pervasive sexual violence.

Unless, really, what you mean is 'supernaturally ordered'...

A new Gallup poll released Thursday showed that two-thirds of Americans said protecting the environment should be a higher priority than economic growth and only three-in-10 who said economic growth should be given priority, even if the environment suffers to some extent.

And

Another poll out this week by Pew Research Center found that Americans' biggest frustration regarding the country's tax system isn't the amount they pay, but that corporations and the wealthy don't pay their fair share.

Overall, 62% said that the feeling that some corporations don't pay their fair share bothers them a lot and 60% said the same of wealthy people. Those are both made up of huge majorities of Democrats -- 79% of Democrats who said those bother them a lot (on both). Independents were in a majority, as well, 62% who were bothered by corporations not paying their fair share, and 60% wealthy people, while 42% and 37% of Republicans said the same, respectively.

Guns, Quinnipiac University poll (March 1-4, 2019): 60% of registered voters support stricter gun laws in the US

The border wall with Mexico, CNN poll conducted by SSRS (January 10-11): 56% oppose building a wall along the entire border with Mexico

Abortion, Fox News poll (February 10-12): 57% of Americans said the Supreme Court should let Roe v Wade stand, 21% overturn

DACA, CNN poll conducted by SSRS (February 20-23, 2018): 83% of Americans said they want to continue the policy and allow immigrants who meet the qualifications to remain in the US

Etc.

Seems most Americans agree with liberals.
Nolan
Great job quoting from polls taken before Biden was elected and before so many national issues are going against him.

Seems most Americans agree with liberals only if they read polls taken when Biden was not president..

That's the lefts plan: "to weaponize this (or any) law against anything (and everything) heterosexual"
You think that liberal heterosexuals with a vast majority of heterosexual children themselves are waging a war against heterosexuals?

That's the lefts plan: "to weaponize this (or any) law against anything (and everything) heterosexual"
The "left" did not write this law or want it at all. But if indoctrinating kids about gender roles is illegal than heteros are just as vulnerable to it. It is what it is.

There is NOTHING in the Florida law which even mentions the word "gay", and teachers at not prohibited from using that word, so maybe you should have taken the time to read the actual law before commenting from ignorance on it.

There is also NO unlimited free speech in an elementary school classroom anyway. Same way there is no unlimited free speech in a private work place. A teacher is not permitted to come to class and attempt to evangelize students to some particular brand of religious belief; every school district in the country has the ability to prevent that, even with the force of law behind them.

All the Florida law does is to provide a policy in which sexual topics are limited to age appropriateness. In this case until 4th grade and beyond. What it is so wrong with that?
Nothing as long as there are no books with male and female role models in 3rd grade classrooms. It's not "age appropriate" to show mothers and fathers either. It might confuse young children.

Thanks. Now I feel better about the gender choices I made.
As a matter of fact, going from a Catholic high school to a public high school on Long Island, I was somewhat overwhelmed suddenly being in a school where young girls were wearing tight skirts and tight sweaters. I had to learn how to behave as a raging hormonal teenager.
You didn't make Gender choices.

Who you were attracted to wasn't a choice.

Nolan
Great job quoting from polls taken before Biden was elected and before so many national issues are going against him.

Seems most Americans agree with liberals only if they read polls taken when Biden was not president..
I quoted American opinion on issues......not presidents.

The way the majority feels about gun control, climate change, universal Healthcare, DACA etc. Is not dependant on who is president.

Nothing as long as there are no books with male and female role models in 3rd grade classrooms. It's not "age appropriate" to show mothers and fathers either. It might confuse young children.

Yes, destroying family concepts is paramount to the leftist agenda.

Hate to break this news to you friend, but a mother (female--REAL female), and a father (male-- REAL male) is where children come from, the NATURAL way of nature.

I know that upsets some people here to hear that, but it is fact which cannot be disputed.

I usually get a gold star for doing something good in the house.

I have no problem when kids get older (as adolescents and teenagers) and have discussions about sexuality in schools.
Kids K-3 need to be left alone and listen to parents talk to them about "birds and the bees" and whether they feel uncomfortable about their sexuality.

That keeps kids in the dark. They have the right to age-appropriate discussions about consent. These discussions keep them safer.

Again it is the right that is saying that children should not be exposed to role models until he 4th grade.

Hate to break this news to you friend, but a mother (female--REAL female), and a father (male-- REAL male) is where children come from, the NATURAL way of nature.

I know that upsets some people here to hear that, but it is fact which cannot be disputed.
Except it is confusing to young children and is not age appropriate according to the Florida law.

Again it is the right that is saying that children should not be exposed to role models until he 4th grade.

That's a HUGE mischaracterization of any argument I've read.

I've noticed your lot do that quite often - attempt to distract with a false claim that nobody has made.

A red herring even.

Except it is confusing to young children and is not age appropriate according to the Florida law.
It is not confusing for children to have a male daddy, and a female mommy..... just as normal is.

Very telling that the leftists are shitting themselves over the laws PREVENTING the piece of shit pedo groomers.

Lawyers can always find a way to play with a law in ways that seemingly contradict the intentions of those who wrote the law and those who support it. Passing a law that restricts the free speech rights of a citizen must be vague enough in its wordings that the restrictions don't apply to any individual or group and instead affects everyone. No matter how conservative or oppressive a legislature may be, they must follow the Constitution - Florida could not pass a law that tells teachers they Can't Say Gay. Funny how the vagueness of the phrases may used against the intentions of the formulators.
You seem confused as to what this is about.
Vile? Yep, very confused.

Basic historical ignorance is paramount to the rightist agenda. The right's belief that a "family" can only be a female and male partnership is only a couple of centuries old in Western societies.

You seem confused as to what this is about.
Vile? Yep, very confused.

You seem confused. Where is the word "vile" in my comment?

You may not be "confused" but you and others are certainly denying the rationale behind this bit of crap legislation

You seem confused. Where is the word "vile" in my comment?

You may not be "confused" but you and others are certainly denying the rationale behind this bit of crap legislation
Are you saying you do not agree with the title of the article you posted?

Back
Top Bottom