• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
P201007090755561564718782.jpg

A photo taken by a resident in Hangzhou shows an unidentified flying object hovering over Hangzhou, capital of East China's Zhejiang province, late Wednesday, July 7, 2010. [Photo/Metro Express]
An unidentified flying object (UFO) disrupted air traffic over Zhejiang's provincial capital Hangzhou late on Wednesday, the municipal government said on Thursday.

Xiaoshan Airport was closed after the UFO was detected at around 9 pm, and some flights were rerouted to airports in the cities of Ningbo and Wuxi , said an airport spokesman, who declined to be named.

The airport had resumed operations, and more details will be released after an investigation, he said.

A source with knowledge of the matter, however, told China Daily on Thursday that authorities had learned what the UFO was after an investigation.

But it was not the proper time to publicly disclose the information because there was a military connection, he said, adding that an official explanation is expected to be given on Friday.

Inbound flights were diverted to the nearby airports in Zhejiang province's Ningbo and Jiangsu province's Wuxi. Outbound flights were delayed for three to four hours.

A staff member at the airport's information desk said the airport had "no idea" how many flights were affected by the closure.

At around 11 pm on Wednesday, a netizen wrote three entries announcing the airport's closure in

his microblog at Sina.com, but they were all soon deleted.

He posted an apology at midnight, saying the news had not been confirmed and asking those who had republished his earlier entries to delete them.

Source: China Daily(By Yang Yijun)

Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering - People's Daily Online

It was Air Force 1 coming in for some Chinese takeout.

No and.... no :2razz: :lol:

Who knows. Could be BS. I dont know how solid of a news dept it is.

Wow, thanks for posting.:mrgreen:. I saw the headline briefly when I was at work today, but I never got to read anything about what happened. Interesting!

Likely it was deuce hovering and looking for a story.

That looks like a red and white malfunctioning missile...

They used to try and send emperors to the heavens on thrones made of fireworks. THis must be one coming back for a visit.

A photo taken by a resident in Hangzhou shows an unidentified flying object hovering over Hangzhou, capital of East China's Zhejiang province, late Wednesday, July 7, 2010. [Photo/Metro Express]
An unidentified flying object (UFO) disrupted air traffic over Zhejiang's provincial capital Hangzhou late on Wednesday, the municipal government said on Thursday.

Xiaoshan Airport was closed after the UFO was detected at around 9 pm, and some flights were rerouted to airports in the cities of Ningbo and Wuxi , said an airport spokesman, who declined to be named.

The airport had resumed operations, and more details will be released after an investigation, he said.

A source with knowledge of the matter, however, told China Daily on Thursday that authorities had learned what the UFO was after an investigation.

But it was not the proper time to publicly disclose the information because there was a military connection, he said, adding that an official explanation is expected to be given on Friday.

Inbound flights were diverted to the nearby airports in Zhejiang province's Ningbo and Jiangsu province's Wuxi. Outbound flights were delayed for three to four hours.

A staff member at the airport's information desk said the airport had "no idea" how many flights were affected by the closure.

At around 11 pm on Wednesday, a netizen wrote three entries announcing the airport's closure in

his microblog at Sina.com, but they were all soon deleted.

He posted an apology at midnight, saying the news had not been confirmed and asking those who had republished his earlier entries to delete them.

Source: China Daily(By Yang Yijun)

Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering - People's Daily Online

Hey, it's the Wal-Mart-mobile, dropping in for some more products to sell back in the States.

I have a Chinese friend living in Hangzhou. He didn't see it but one of his classmates did. Apparently it was moving laterally before it took off at high speed. The local police are saying it was from India but I highly doubt that, given how far east Hangzhou is. Who knows... between the Chinese, Russians, Indians, Koreans, and Americans, it could be anything. My best guess would be that it's a Chinese craft of some kind. Only they would mess up so bad as to create such a high profile exposure.

Anyway... people are already claiming it's aliens, but I really don't think so. If aliens are here from outer space then they would have a much lower profile than that.

I have a Chinese friend living in Hangzhou. He didn't see it but one of his classmates did. Apparently it was moving laterally before it took off at high speed. The local police are saying it was from India but I highly doubt that, given how far east Hangzhou is. Who knows... between the Chinese, Russians, Indians, Koreans, and Americans, it could be anything. My best guess would be that it's a Chinese craft of some kind. Only they would mess up so bad as to create such a high profile exposure.

Anyway... people are already claiming it's aliens, but I really don't think so. If aliens are here from outer space then they would have a much lower profile than that.

If I was the one claiming it was aliens, I would be the one keeping a low profile. LOL.

Ion thruster upgrade complete.

Last edited:
Much lower or much, much higher. Like confetti and trumpets. Hopefully not angelic trumpets that unlock biblical seals.

How the hell is that a missle?

The light looks like it is coming from a flat surface and the red light has dots on it (as though it has lightbulbs attached to it - weird for a missle?). If it was moving at a high speed wouldn't the light be more blurred?

Also missles dont hover.

It looks like the one of the vehicles from Star Wars. Those hovering car-like things.

How the hell is that a missile?

The light looks like it is coming from a flat surface and the red light has dots on it (as though it has light bulbs attached to it - weird for a missile?). If it was moving at a high speed wouldn't the light be more blurred?

Also missiles don’t hover.
There's a vast number of variables involved.

Depending on the shutter speed of the camera taking the shot, it could reduce or eliminate blur to an extent.

To me, it looks like a multi-stage rocket (from the nose cone in white on the right, down to the step out to the larger stage about halfway down its length, the white bands painted on the red main area…) that malfunctioned, thus the fire along its side.

Regarding the "missiles don't hover", have you never noticed how slow airliners seem to travel from a ground perspective?

But I always allow for any possibility, so it's possible that's an actual alien craft, I just don’t consider it likely.

How the hell is that a missle?

The light looks like it is coming from a flat surface and the red light has dots on it (as though it has lightbulbs attached to it - weird for a missle?). If it was moving at a high speed wouldn't the light be more blurred?

Also missles dont hover.

Chances are that this is one of China's black ops weapons that they stole from the US. It is easy to create aircraft that hoover, I saw it done once on a tv show. They were theoretical physics people and they showed an example. Basically the large white light is the product of the chemicals mixing together. I don't know what chemicals they were using but basically it were the ones that you could find on the periodic table. Also are you not a science geek?

Chances are that this is one of China's black ops weapons that they stole from the US. It is easy to create aircraft that hoover, I saw it done once on a tv show. They were theoretical physics people and they showed an example. Basically the large white light is the product of the chemicals mixing together. I don't know what chemicals they were using but basically it were the ones that you could find on the periodic table. Also are you not a science geek?

No im not a science geek what the hell is wrong with you?

Secondly, its called a British harrier. They hover. It's been done. Why would they want a missle to hover?

Anyway, TheMark pretty much hit the mark in his evaluation. :)

No im not a science geek what the hell is wrong with you?

Secondly, its called a British harrier. They hover. It's been done. Why would they want a missle to hover?

Anyway, TheMark pretty much hit the mark in his evaluation. :)

Are you not studying computer science?

And I was not referring to the British Harrier, but something else. Anyways, isn't it past your bedtime?

Are you not studying computer science?

No.

And I was not referring to the British Harrier, but something else. Anyways, isn't it past your bedtime?

Im not too sure how things are done in your household, but its not part of a 17 year old's daily schedule to drink warm milk and tuck up into bed at 7pm.

Im not too sure how things are done in your household, but its not part of a 17 year old's daily schedule to drink warm milk and tuck up into bed at 7pm.
I thought you were 20?!

Back
Top Bottom