• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flashback: In 1982 Joe Biden Voted for Constitutional Amendment to Overturn Roe v Wade and Make It a State Issue

Sorry, but I am not buying his devout Catholicism.

2007: He criticizes the Supreme Court decision upholding the ban on partial-birth abortion, calling it “paternalistic.”

Source listed in my last post.
Some facts for you:

More than half of U.S. Catholics (56%) said abortion should be legal in all or most cases

Like U.S. adults overall, most Catholics said in the 2019 survey that they oppose overturning Roe v. Wade.
Roughly two-thirds of Catholics (68%) said they do not want the Supreme Court to completely overturn the landmark decision, while almost three-in-ten (28%) said the ruling should be overturned.

So over a forty year period a man’s positions have evolved to become less conservative? As did much of the electorate?

Wow, so sudden!

What is the exact amount of time that a flip flop becomes irrelevant to you?
Surely a lot less than forty ****ing years. Come on, if a politician makes a complete reversal in a matter of months or one election cycle for obvious political reasons that’s a flip flop. And I’m sure Biden’s done those.

But Biden’s shift on abortion has been in step with the same change in public attitude and perceptions over the span of four decades.

Just because a politician does not stick to every principle they once held, forever and ever, no matter what, it can’t be a mere flip flop. Let me ask when do you think the cut off should be? At what point and under what circumstances is a change in attitudes merely a flip flop and not a genuine transformation?

Translation: flip flopping doesn't matter if they are currently supporting the position I agree with

So then you are not supportive of Trump then that changed his position from pro-choice to pro-life and flip-flopped correct?

So then you are not supportive of Trump then that changed his position from pro-choice to pro-life and flip-flopped correct?

I am not supportive of Trump in any form or fashion

Anyone has the ability to change their views. In fact, even Joe Biden has changed his views on abortion rights.

Let's take a look:

Uh, no shit. That's what the White MAGA Man posted in his OP.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom