• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flashback: How Trump's sycophants talked about him before he became president

Amelia

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Mick Mulvaney -- Trump's go-to guy to pull his bacon out of the fire since no one else wants the Chief of Staff job -- from the week before the election in November 2016:

“Yes, I am supporting Donald Trump, but I’m doing so despite the fact that I think he’s a terrible human being.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article112195367.html

Lindsey Graham in 2015:

"You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to hell."

"He's a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. He doesn't represent my party. He doesn't represents the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. ... He's the ISIL man of the year."

"What Mr. Trump is doing -- and I don't think he has a clue about anything. He's just just trying to get his numbers up and get the biggest reaction he can," Graham said. "He is helping the enemy of this nation. He is empowering radical Islam. And if he knew anything about the world at all, you would know that most Muslims reject this ideology."

Graham said that what the U.S. needs to do is embrace the "99%" of Muslims who reject radical, violent extremism and have died "by the thousands" trying to fight it, and it needs to invest in the Middle East and giving people and women opportunity there.

"That's how you win the war. A hopeful life versus a glorious death. And what Mr. Trump is doing is undercutting everything we stand for," Graham said. "Going to a military high school, Donald, is not military service. You've never worn the uniform. ... So knock it off. You're putting people at risk."

https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politics/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-go-to-hell-ted-cruz/index.html

Anyone else remember any good examples? It's kind of hard to search for them. If you don't already know the right terms to search for, when you google for these butt kissers in connection with Trump you usually come up with their gooey love talk, not what they said when they thought he never would be president.

Mick Mulvaney -- Trump's go-to guy to pull his bacon out of the fire since no one else wants the Chief of Staff job -- from the week before the election in November 2016:

“Yes, I am supporting Donald Trump, but I’m doing so despite the fact that I think he’s a terrible human being.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article112195367.html

Lindsey Graham in 2015:

"You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to hell."

"He's a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. He doesn't represent my party. He doesn't represents the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. ... He's the ISIL man of the year."

https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politics/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-go-to-hell-ted-cruz/index.html

Anyone else remember any good examples? It's kind of hard to search for them. If you don't already know the right terms to search for, when you google for these butt kissers in connection with Trump you usually come up with their gooey love talk, not what they said when they thought he never would be president.

You didn't seem to have any trouble finding it. /shrug

You didn't seem to have any trouble finding it. /shrug

I knew the right terms to search for in those two cases. Duh. Thanks for bumping my thread though. *thumbs up*

It is always fun to see what politicians said about somebody before they became President and after they became President, especially if they belong to the same party.

I knew the right terms to search for in those two cases. Duh. Thanks for bumping my thread though. *thumbs up*
Michelle Malkin was one of the worst.

images

Screen-Shot-2013-03-22-at-10.43.14-AM.png

trumptweet.png

They went on like this for a number of Tweets, and at some point (I can't find it) Malkin called him a "fraud", and Trump went bananas all over again. But when it came to the election, Malkin rewarded his abuse of her with a vote at the ballot box "BECAUSE HILLARY!", and now licks his boots on Hannity and ****tards and Friends.:lol:

I honestly don't know how she faces her kids with them knowing of her support for a man that verbally abused her in front of the world.

It just goes to show these conservatives are all about selling people what they want to hear.

tumblr_p16oz6LmGg1qinrtgo1_500.jpg

;)

Speaking of flashback...........

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

:lol:

Politics is fun because of Trump. Once he’s out in 2024 it’s gonna be boring.

tumblr_p16oz6LmGg1qinrtgo1_500.jpg

;)

Speaking of flashback...........

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

:lol:

With the exception of Bush Sr, all of those people licked his boots in the end.

The only reason they opposed him is because they, much like the rest of us, underestimated the stupidity and depravity of the conservative base, and they didn't they think enough of them would fall for Trump.

The only reason they opposed him is because they, much like the rest of us, underestimated the stupidity and depravity of the conservative base, and they didn't they think enough of them would fall for Trump.

There is no underestimating the stupidity of the Republican base.

These are people that vote for Politicians that promise to take healthcare away from them.

There is absolutely no politician stupid enough that they won't vote for.

With the exception of Bush Sr, all of those people licked his boots in the end.

Which is ironic, considering that they (GOP politicians, and right wing media and pundits) are the ones responsible for radicalizing their base in the first place, which resulted in a race baiting carnival barker like Trump taking over their party. Romney for instance happily took Trump's endorsement in 2012, praised his so called "great business sense", and this is despite knowing full well that Trump was the lead birther. He could have rejected Trump's endorsement, but he happily took it thinking that he needed the Trump segment of birthers in the GOP on his side, if he wanted any chance of winning. Fast forward 4 years later to 2016, and Romney is calling Trump a fraud and a lousy business man. It's true that Romney and many other GOP politicians and pundits BEGGED the GOP base to NOT vote for Trump in the primaries, but it was too late by then. The seeds were already planted, and the monster (the radical Republican base) found their new "leader" in Trump, and it was too late for the GOP to try and turn back the clock. They (along with the rest of the country) are now dealing with the fiasco that they themselves created.

which is ironic, considering that they (gop politicians, and right wing media and pundits) are the ones responsible for radicalizing their base in the first place, which resulted in a race baiting carnival barker like trump taking over their party. Romney for instance happily took trump's endorsement in 2012, praised his so called "great business sense", and this is despite knowing full well that trump was the lead birther. He could have rejected trump's endorsement, but he happily took it thinking that he needed the trump segment of birthers in the gop on his side, if he wanted any chance of winning. Fast forward 4 years later to 2016, and romney is calling trump a fraud and a lousy business man. It's true that romney and many other gop politicians and pundits begged the gop base to not vote for trump in the primaries, but it was too late by then. The seeds were already planted, and the monster (the radical republican base) found their new "leader" in trump, and it was too late for the gop to try and turn back the clock. They (along with the rest of the country) are now dealing with the fiasco that they themselves created.
q.f.t.!

Back
Top Bottom