• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flash Mob Violence - Why are only black people doing it?

Flash Mob Violence - Why are only black people doing it?

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is this a Black American thing and if so... why? It seems like poor and needy transcends race... so why are black Americans the only ones that seem to be Flash Mobbing like this?

I'm sure there will soon be a committee in Congress to investigate these events and arrest all those involved.

Other.

I am 84 years old.

I have lived every second of life here in the States.

I have often asked myself the question why an unusually large number of certain young people engage in flash mobs and even more violent behavior.

I do NOT know the answer.

I am guessing that maybe one reason is simple: They are able to do so without any serious repercussions.

I'm sure there will soon be a committee in Congress to investigate these events and arrest all those involved.

Soon is doubtful since these videos appear to be from 2011. Even more doubtful is ever having effective federal enforcement if congress did act - see interior immigration law enforcement.

I'm not sure why, but this is a "culture" that glorifies crime, criminals, and violence. I would say "IMO", but its not really my opinion its fact.

You can call it the "hip hop culture", and thats true. Just listen to the "music".

But as to the "why", I do not know that.

Inner city youth - particularly males - tend to congregate outdoors. They do that to escape cramped apartments and family noise, etc. In doing so, they eventually bond with each other on the street, and that bond is so tight that it becomes a second family so to speak. Anybody who has read Lord of the Flies has to have considered the idea that violence is inherent in some individuals, And those individuals tend to rise to the top and dominate. They often can become like father figures, particularly for boys that don't have a father. The respect they're given is generally because of their fearlessness but also because they're feared. When a dominant male kicks a garbage can over, another will - in an effort to show comradery - do the same. Then the next young male - to demonstrate his loyalty, will up the ante, and throw a rock through a window. It's an effort to say, "see, I'm with you. " Then the next smashes a windshield, and then it explodes into violent chaos. Individually, these kids aren't rotten to the core. But to quell mob violence, it's necessary to pluck the violent leadership from the group. Those are the guys to target, to arrest and to incarcerate. And most importantly, a kinder role model has to be put in their place. That is why it's so important to give these kids an outlet, a community center or a gym, and more importantly, coaches and kind adults they can bond with. Thanks!!

Inner city youth - particularly males - tend to congregate outdoors. They do that to escape cramped apartments and family noise, etc. In doing so, they eventually bond with each other on the street, and that bond is so tight that it becomes a second family so to speak. Anybody who has read Lord of the Flies has to have considered the idea that violence is inherent in some individuals, And those individuals tend to rise to the top and dominate. They often can become like father figures, particularly for boys that don't have a father. The respect they're given is generally because of their fearlessness but also because they're feared. When a dominant male kicks a garbage can over, another will - in an effort to show comradery - do the same. Then the next young male - to demonstrate his loyalty, will up the ante, and throw a rock through a window. It's an effort to say, "see, I'm with you. " Then the next smashes a windshield, and then it explodes into violent chaos. Individually, these kids aren't rotten to the core. But to quell mob violence, it's necessary to pluck the violent leadership from the group. Those are the guys to target, to arrest and to incarcerate. And most importantly, a kinder role model has to be put in their place. That is why it's so important to give these kids an outlet, a community center or a gym, and more importantly, coaches and kind adults they can bond with. Thanks!!

Excuse making liberal drivel. The mindset that nobody is responsible for their actions anymore is akin to targeting the bank robbery ring leader and letting the actual robbers go free. Over the top liberal nonsense.

I do NOT know the answer.

I am guessing that maybe one reason is simple: They are able to do so without any serious repercussions.

I bet I know your other "reason".

It's not a good look for black America, is it?

I agree that it is a form of racism. These mobs do hate whites, police, any authority, and success of any kind.

That's a nazi fantasy you're engaged in. Did you get it from a hate website.

Of course, the same "Trumpers" pushing this racist crap ignore Jan 6. I put Trumpers in quotes because we all know we're talking about racists.

That's a nazi fantasy you're engaged in. Did you get it from a hate website.

Well, excuse me for misstating reality. Is this better? These poor misunderstood, law-abiding children are just showing their love of country, their respect for authority, their admiration of the white population. and in their own way are contributing to the betterment of retail commerce.

Well, excuse me for misstating reality. Is this better? These poor misunderstood, law-abiding children are just showing their love of country, their respect for authority, their admiration of the white population. and in their own way are contributing to the betterment of retail commerce.

You post racist trash. That's all. Nothing more.

You post racist trash. That's all. Nothing more.
In your minds eye condemnation of any bad black behavior is based solely on racism. Show me a criminal white guy of which there are many, and I will vilify them just as vigorously.

In your minds eye condemnation of any bad black behavior is based solely on racism. Show me a criminal white guy of which there are many, and I will vilify them just as vigorously.

You lie to support your racist garbage. Your comments about Jan 6 prove that beyond any doubt.

Who do you think you're fooling?

You lie to support your racist garbage. Your comments about Jan 6 prove that beyond any doubt.

Who do you think you're fooling?
How did we segway into 1/6? Just trying to avoid any meaningful response to my statement? As for a 1/6 goes it was an unorganized mob that got out of control or as you view these instances, "A mostly peaceful protest".

How did we segway into 1/6?

How stupid. You claimed "show me a white criminal and I'll vilify them the same". Do you remember claiming that? Do we need to search your comments regarding Jan 6? I don't think so. I think all of the audience is convinced by my calling bs on your claim.

How stupid. You claimed "show me a white criminal and I'll vilify them the same". Do you remember claiming that? Do we need to search your comments regarding Jan 6? I don't think so. I think all of the audience is convinced by my calling bs on your claim.

Not sure if I ever condoned what happened on 1/6. I do know that I have likened it to the mostly peaceful protest mantra from the left. Please show me any post where other than 1/6 that I excused the criminal actions of any white individual. I want all bad guys off the street for a very long time.

Excuse making liberal drivel. The mindset that nobody is responsible for their actions anymore is akin to targeting the bank robbery ring leader and letting the actual robbers go free. Over the top liberal nonsense.
No, it's not excuse making at all. It's an explanation for why these flare ups happen as per the OP's query, and a viable solution. We don't hold minors to the same standard as we do adults over eighteen. There's a reason for that. And most of these mobs involve minors. Thanks!!

No, it's not excuse making at all. It's an explanation for why these flare ups happen as per the OP's query, and a viable solution. We don't hold minors to the same standard as we do adults over eighteen. There's a reason for that. And most of these mobs involve minors. Thanks!!
Ok, you give the minors a pass now let us hear your feelings towards the adults.

My memory is just not a clear as yours

Not surprised. It's what is to be expected when one is caught in a racist lie.

Back
Top Bottom