• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flags...not just a piece of colored cloth

well, that' a valid opinion... so to save people from undisciplined and juvenile reactions, and to save yourself from catching a beating... .don't burn the flag.

boom.. everybody is happy.

So a person should refrain from lawful activities for fear of illegal acts perpetrated against them. Yeah, sounds real American.

I'm not hear to save people from a butt-kickings. Better men than me have had their butts kicked defending rights. Better men than me have paid the ultimate sacrifice for my rights.

I can take a little ass-kicking to keep those rights.

180px-Arlington_National_Cemetery_-_01.jpg

So a person should refrain from lawful activities for fear of illegal acts perpetrated against them. Yeah, sounds real American.
" legal activities" eh?... why didn't you type " burn the flag"?.... your choice of words is interesting... most likely, you chose those words to strip the meaning from them.. to make hte argument as inocuous as possible.
I'm not hear to save people from a butt-kickings. Better men than me have had their butts kicked defending rights. Better men than me have paid the ultimate sacrifice for my rights.
yes they have... and they fought under a banner that means something.

I wouldn't rally dead vets to your cause while ignoring that those dead vets would probably bust your chops for burning the flag.... of all the groups in America, vets are pretty well known for have deeper feelings about the flag.... far more than any other group out of folks out there.
I can take a little ass-kicking to keep those rights.
burning the flag doesn't' do anything in defense of rights.... it's intended only to piss people off...nothing less, nothing more.

like has been said.. everybody has a trigger... it might be something simple, it might be something extreme.
I have no doubt there would be some ass whippings if a white dude ran through a BLM protest yelling " nigger" ... or calling people fags at a Pride parade.... there's literally an endless amount of examples where people " legal activities" are going to end up in an ass whooping.
the recent KKK protest in California tells that tales as well... minorities came out and started a brawl with the Klan assholes...Klan assholes who were merely exercising their free speech rights.
I'm good with the government not coming down on people for these " legal activities"( wouldn't have it any other way)...but I don't lose any sleep when other people aren't as... accommodating... as government... even if those people are in the wrong for doing so.

NO ONE IS....on the internet.

but I have a few medals, ribbons, and certificate of appreciation that say otherwise in the real world.

and a few external and internal scars.

plus a reputation that a FLEET FIRST CLASS is honorbound to uphold.

I will give you this in all honesty....You DO live up to your screen name. Not once to you get profane, shut names, or get too personal with those you disagree with. You keep your cool like a true gentleman.

Me...not so much. That reputation is a heavy burden sometimes. Delightful at others.

but you will note, I gave courtesy back when given it.

That is a life lesson those flag burners will never get.

I've told you before... the "tough guy" act does nothing around here. You have no idea who you are speaking to and it just detracts from whatever message you are sending.

And as far as my screen name goes, it's not what many think it means... but thanks. I give what I get.

" legal activities" eh?... why didn't you type " burn the flag"?.... your choice of words is interesting... most likely, you chose those words to strip the meaning from them.. to make hte argument as inocuous as possible.
yes they have... and they fought under a banner that means something.

I wouldn't rally dead vets to your cause while ignoring that those dead vets would probably bust your chops for burning the flag.... of all the groups in America, vets are pretty well known for have deeper feelings about the flag.... far more than any other group out of folks out there.
burning the flag doesn't' do anything in defense of rights.... it's intended only to piss people off...nothing less, nothing more.

like has been said.. everybody has a trigger... it might be something simple, it might be something extreme.
I have no doubt there would be some ass whippings if a white dude ran through a BLM protest yelling " nigger" ... or calling people fags at a Pride parade.... there's literally an endless amount of examples where people " legal activities" are going to end up in an ass whooping.
the recent KKK protest in California tells that tales as well... minorities came out and started a brawl with the Klan assholes...Klan assholes who were merely exercising their free speech rights.
I'm good with the government not coming down on people for these " legal activities"( wouldn't have it any other way)...but I don't lose any sleep when other people aren't as... accommodating... as government... even if those people are in the wrong for doing so.

Burning the US flag is a lawful act. I thought you knew that. I extended my comment to include all lawful acts that piss people off.

I have no doubt there would be some ass whippings if a white dude ran through a BLM protest yelling " n----r" ... or calling people f--s at a Pride parade.... there's literally an endless amount of examples where people " legal activities" are going to end up in an ass whooping.

You seem confused as to what is legal speech. There is no legal protection in using insidious speech to provoke a response.

The Klan has every right to march, But anyone running through a group of black people yelling the N word is not protected speech. Sorry the law is clear.

Burning the US flag is a lawful act. I thought you knew that. I extended my comment to include all lawful acts that piss people off.
of course i know it's a legal act...I was just commenting on your choice of words.

You seem confused as to what is legal speech. There is no legal protection in using insidious speech to provoke a response.
I'm not talking about government agents arresting people for their speech... i'm talking about individual responses.... specifically, ass whoopings.

ass whoopings will happen...that's just reality.
right , wrong or otherwise... they happen....and the vast majority will happen over far less serious things.
The Klan has every right to march, But anyone running through a group of black people yelling the N word is not protected speech. Sorry the law is clear.
and I think both of them will be in for ass whoopings, regardless of what the government can and can't do.... you can disagree with it all you want, but you won't change reality and you won't change human nature.

I've told you before... the "tough guy" act does nothing around here. You have no idea who you are speaking to and it just detracts from whatever message you are sending.

And as far as my screen name goes, it's not what many think it means... but thanks. I give what I get.

You think what you want. I have recognition by my superiors in the real world to the contrary. One example:

When was the last time you heard of a ship being boarded and captured on the high seas? I saw there and did that...and yes, they resisted, but not for long.

No one knows anyone on the internet. You also do not know who you are speaking to either. But I do know your attitude of having ZERO national pride is not shared by the majority of the people in the REAL world.

Can we drop this unending foolishness now, please. You are NEVER going to get me to see the flag burners side of anything. It wastes your time trying.

...and conversely, I am NEVER going to have you see things from my perspective. You refused to do so, many times over.

so can we not agree this silliness is a waste of both our time?

You think what you want. I have recognition by my superiors in the real world to the contrary. One example:

When was the last time you heard of a ship being boarded and captured on the high seas? I saw there and did that...and yes, they resisted, but not for long.

No one knows anyone on the internet. You also do not know who you are speaking to either. But I do know your attitude of having ZERO national pride is not shared by the majority of the people in the REAL world.

Can we drop this unending foolishness now, please. You are NEVER going to get me to see the flag burners side of anything. It wastes your time trying.

...and conversely, I am NEVER going to have you see things from my perspective. You refused to do so, many times over.

so can we not agree this silliness is a waste of both our time?

No we cannot. I take great offense to you accusing me of having ZERO national pride, something that is absolutely not true. Your opinion on what makes national pride is YOUR OPINION and is meaningless to anyone else. I will continue to engage you on this issue until you acquiesce to that point and until you stop telling others how they feel based on YOUR belief system... an absurd statement or position to take. And I am telling you to drop the "tough guy act" because it makes you look bad... and I can tell you I cannot be intimidated.

So, if you want this to stop, drop telling people how they feel and how they should behave. You have no place to do either.

No we cannot. I take great offense to you accusing me of having ZERO national pride, something that is absolutely not true. Your opinion on what makes national pride is YOUR OPINION and is meaningless to anyone else. I will continue to engage you on this issue until you acquiesce to that point and until you stop telling others how they feel based on YOUR belief system... an absurd statement or position to take. And I am telling you to drop the "tough guy act" because it makes you look bad... and I can tell you I cannot be intimidated.

So, if you want this to stop, drop telling people how they feel and how they should behave. You have no place to do either.

OK, then...continue the conversation all by yourself.

OK, then...continue the conversation all by yourself.

If you make the same kinds of statements you have been, I will certainly call you out on them, whether you are talking to me or not. It will be up to you whether or not you respond to me.

NO ONE IS....on the internet.

but I have a few medals, ribbons, and certificate of appreciation that say otherwise in the real world.

and a few external and internal scars.

plus a reputation that a FLEET FIRST CLASS is honorbound to uphold.

So you say. It may even be true.

Back
Top Bottom